It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 Reasons why Britain is better than America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by lilsmurf
reply to post by Master Shen long

Yeah i would say most things on your list make me ashamed to be British, what exactley makes herpes British or is it just British herpes you are proud of and how do kebabs make you proud?

Seems like you have derailed a rather enjoyable thread.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by lilsmurf]

HAHA, get a fricking sense of humour. And yea British herpes rules anyday. Obviously you have never been smashed off stella and stumbled into the local kebab house for a 3am feast of dog and horse meat.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

8-America as it is wouldn’t even exist if it weren’t for Britain

The English werent the only people there. If it wasnt you it wouldve be the Spanish, Dutch or French. Honestly, there probably wouldnt have even been a war if it wasnt for your greedy king demanding higher taxes. Just sayin'.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by birdyat101

Lol at number 26.

You seriously think we should be proud of Jellied Eels!!!

How about the Pork pie?...mmmmm

I'm glag you didn't mention Morris Dancers, they should be shot on sight.

What about;

pub crawling

The telephone

English Mustard

The light bulb

Simon Cowell (tic)

[edit on 6-7-2010 by Tykonos]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Cost me a black-eye and a chipped tooth.
Worth it tho,lol.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

No mate I was a Fusilier.. Our cap badges are similar, the guards came from my regiment to form a separate unit... They kept the exploding grenade cap badge minus the St George keeping the dragon in the centre...

Sorry, my mistake, yea i got you now..... Former Kingsman here

Nice 1 fella

[edit on 6-7-2010 by Master Shen long]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Well I did not appreciate his humor directed towards my nation and threads of this nature should not be allowed. You want good humor then pick on aliens or another planet. just not polite to talk shiz against another members nation.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Then we have:

Only Fools and Horses
Bottom
The office
Extras
Walker's Crisps
Pickled Eggs
Picked Onions
Mushy Peas
That horrible mushy yellow stuff from chippys they call curry sauce
HP sauce
Marmite
Branston Pickle
Chedder
Mr. Ben

link   
America has the Redsox therefore we are better.

link   
The best thing about Britain is that it is so faraway from the American colonies.

Your rebellious colonies won because of the logistical problems involved with sailing ships being the fastest form of trans-oceanic information.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by robbinsj

Well I did not appreciate his humor directed towards my nation and threads of this nature should not be allowed. You want good humor then pick on aliens or another planet. just not polite to talk shiz against another members nation.

He is just joking mate.... Lighten up. most of the humour was directed at Britain. Not yourself

[edit on 6-7-2010 by Master Shen long]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

It's not seriuos, just a bit of friendly banter.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by corruptedtesssa

I've only been to America once - god knows I'd love to go and stay for a while!

I can't understand why anyone would make houses out of wood in storm prone areas?!? I love our red brick or stone houses...mine was built in 1897 and its solid as a rock!

When I was there I felt like such a noob staring at Fire Engines and Police Cars! I must so though, the only arguments I saw when I did a rtw trip was in Lax...

And how bloody useless are 7 elevens?!?!?
The thing that did get me was that in L.A (I know isn't a great representation of amercian society!) was the falseness, I always made a point trying to get 'people to drop the act'...I met plenty of other yanks while travelling and they were really nice real peeps.

I like this thread....I'm not into U.S bashing..I just like the discussion.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Lets not forget Red Dwarf.
Unless it's already been mentioned, hard to tell, peeps are posting like mad, hard to keep up.
Deserves a second mention anyways.
RED DWARF.

link   
Then again, you seppos have:

Hershy bars (I love them)
Rees Peanut Butter (Damn you, love that too)
Cranberry sauce
Turkey
Sorry guys, you cannot make a decent whisky
Cream Soda (Another favourite)
Frazer
Cheers (Though dated now)
and, thank goodness, you guy have Tom Cruise (and you can keep him)

link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
reply to post by robbinsj

Settle petal.

The OP is having a good natured Joke.

2-Monty Python "was a homo and outdated garbage filled everything he did to the point of retardation"

Love it.. Monty Python was really a group of well educated men... Eric Idle, John Cleese, .. and.. um.. can't remember the others now... yep getting old.

Guess it just pissed me off being directed towards america, we have more thatour share of shiz in our face due to our retarded leaders and the 2 party system. Oh th same note I would never make a thread to list why america is better than anyone.

Only good thing that will come with the one world gov, we then can put beside our nations and hate each other over just religion and race.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Settle petal.

2-Monty Python "was a homo and outdated garbage filled everything he did to the point of retardation"

Love it.. Monty Python was really a group of well educated men... Eric Idle, John Cleese, .. and.. um.. can't remember the others now... yep getting old.

Guess it just pissed me off being directed towards america, we have more thatour share of shiz in our face due to our retarded leaders and the 2 party system. Oh th same note I would never make a thread to list why america is better than anyone.

Only good thing that will come with the one world gov, we then can put beside our nations and hate each other over just religion and race.

I understand what you are saying. However, we are all ATS here and therefore, I hope, kindred spirits. Sometimes it is easy to get carried away and feel nationalistic. I work in Germany and sometimes feel that way towards them. I shouldn't really.

[edit on 6/7/2010 by TheLoneArcher]

link   
lmao another foe added over this thread.

Sorry peeps get butt hurt but still I do not respect any thread like this and would be against the O if he was an american making the same to brits.

link   

Settle petal.

Sorry multiple posts

link   

Settle petal.

and again. Sorry folks. Too much Fish and Chips fries the brain.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by birdyat101

50- the austin mini cooper better then any muscle car

Too bad Britain sold the Mini Cooper to the Germans.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join