It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 Reasons why Britain is better than America

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Churchill is half ours by way of his mother! We just call him New Churchill.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Ha ha ha... Makes me proud to be a Brit, but you forgot:

51, Football (soccer)
52, Dirty late night Kebabs british style,
53, Binge drinking,
54, Herpes,
55, Viz comic
56, Eastenders (debatable)
57, English language,
58, Little Britain
59, Our Armed Forces for not randomly killing as many civilians as possible
60, Cornish pastys (rather than political patsy's)
61, S.A.S
62, S.B.S
63, British MILF
64, Liverpool FC,
65, Scousers

Thats all i can think of, the list may be complete...

oh wait,

66, James Bond
67 Austin Martins

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by birdyat101

Yea, I definitely agree haha..

Except German engineering is the best in the world..

Originally posted by catwhoknows

While I have a captive Brit.

I would like to ask you why your country has gone over to Islam?

Is this person serious?

I ain't no Brit but do you even know where Britain is?

Do you have any idea what Islam is?

Do you have any point other than trying to look overly Chauvinistic and small minded?

Just because you hate someone for their religion doesn't mean that we have to care..

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Not to mention the Beatles and Isaac Newton.

link   
LOL.
Funny thread, good to see a sense of humor remains.
Oh that's a British thing too.

Makes a change from all the doom and gloom.

link   
I have to take serious issue with number 31.

Black pudding is the work of God, but jellied eels are utterly disgusting. Truly they are the work of the Devil!

Could you swap out jellied eels for Yorkshire Pudding, Blackpool Rock, a decent pint (excluding the South of England), fish and chips, or a curry or a kebab on the way home after a night at the pub.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by winston_jones

Not to mention the Beatles and Isaac Newton.

68, The Beatles

How could i forget?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

One thing you did leave out Thank God was Fish and Chips because the English cannot cook good fish and chips (french fries) to save their lives. They actually eat the stuff with vinegar and do not know how to season a fish or chip batter at all. This is the bland common foods you feed to the peasants and the use of vinegar well.. That's not even a spice with a palatable flavor. That's just wrong on so many levels ( Yeah.. I am being Nice)

Now, you want some real fish and chips you come to Louisiana and let me cook you some fresh Cajun style catfish and battered seasoned chips. Your taste buds will never allow that other swill to go near your lips again.

i might take that offer then lol but you come to the uk first i will intoduce you to the best fish and chips in yorkshire made by me
(im a chef and i make the best ale batter and the chips the secret is what type of potato you use )

ps thanks for all your posts people im glad no ones taking anythink to heart just abit of fun im bored of ow dear the worlds going to end posts lol

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
69 hmmm 69 err sorry sidetracked.
69.Plymouth Argyle, just cos ok.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Master Shen long..............................

you just made my hero list lol AND as if i fogot the kebab! lol and yes drinking i think ireland might just beat us for that lol

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
They're right about Dr. Who.. man, that show is awesome. Did anyone see the latest season? Pandoricka? Brilliant.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
69 hmmm 69 err sorry sidetracked.
69.Plymouth Argyle, just cos ok.

You sick sick individual. Total derail of this thread... MODS BAN THIS THING!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by birdyat101
Master Shen long..............................

you just made my hero list lol AND as if i fogot the kebab! lol and yes drinking i think ireland might just beat us for that lol

Yea i agree about Ireland for sure...

But they drink horrible black stuff and we (in the north) drink real mans beer!!!!

link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

true corvettes and trans am's were numeral uno- blew 'em all away

link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

Shhhhh.
second line.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

yer but like top gear recently said there the best selling plastic cars and i realy wouldent like to drive a plastic car
so mini might be slow standed but if you put a 1200 bussa in it then we will see a fair match

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by wheresthetruth

And lest we forget who gave the world the automobile and air travel.

Quite right, lest we not forget.. it was Germany.

I will give you air travel may have been made popular via the Wright Brothers machine. But other countries like Germany were using blimps for commercial air travel long before air travel was possible in America. The Wright Brothers did not even invent the airplane.

In fact, when we speak about who invented the airplane first, we must also take into consideration the case of one Clement Ader from France. In 1890 he was witnessed flying an airplane that he named 'Eole', albeit at a height of 12 inches from the ground and for a distance of about 50 meters. By 1892, the height of this airplane had increased to 2 feet, and it could cover a distance of about 200 meters at a stretch. Why Ader is not given as much credit as the Wright brothers, no one knows. But the truth of the matter is that he played a vital role in the invention of the airplane for mankind, as the Wright brothers' model was based on this one as well.

The Wright brothers invented their flying machine in 1903, but in 1906, a Brazilian living in France and going by the name Alberto Santos-Dumont, successfully flew a proper fixed wing airplane. There are many historians who answer the question of 'who invented the airplane' with Dumont's name, as they believed that the Wright brothers simply created a model that utilized the gliding principles already in place.

www.buzzle.com...

And again, you may think Ford invented the automobile but this too is false. There were cars in use way before Ford ever touched one, so the USA cannot claim that either.

Ferdinand Verbiest invented the first car in the year 1672. It was the first ever car invented and was powered by steam. Ferdinand was an experimentalist and a missionary to China. He built his car in China. Hence you could rightly say, the first ever car was made in China.

In 1769, the first self-propelled car was designed and built by Nicholas Cugnot. His model of car was a three-wheeler.

Francois Isaac Rivaz, a Swiss inventor, designed and invented the first ever car with an internal combustion engine. This car engine was fueled with a mixture of hydrogen and oxygen. This car was made in 1806. However, this design was not a success.

The car models designed and built by Samuel Brown, Samuel Morey and Etienne Lenoir were also a failure.

In 1881, Gustave Trouve not only designed and invented the first ever car powered by electricity but also demonstrated the functioning of this automobile at an International Exhibition of Electricity in Paris.

Four years later in 1885, Karl Benz designed and built a car powered by gasoline. This car was made in Germany. This was the first ever car to be granted a patent in 1886. The rest is history and the world acknowledged Karl Benz as the "Inventor of the modern automobile". He also invented the first ever car with an internal combustion flat engine in 1896.

www.buzzle.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
You forgot the traditional English slapper... How could you!!???... Then there is faggots and peas in the Black Country.... The traditional friday night punch up caused by spilling someones pint...
BTW Tolkien lived in Birmingham... The Shire, Two Towers et al were based on local landmarks not far from my house... So Brummies are Hobbits lol... They do have incredibly hairy feet and thats just the women!... I was born un the black country just outside Birmingham... We are called YamYams because we say Yam or yo am instead of you are, and we dont like brummies! Which is another thing... Regional tribalistic rivalry based on accents lol.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Got a feeling the postee your referring to hasnt tasted proper Whitby fish & chips, theyre the mutts nuts.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
No captive Brits to answer my question.

I think this is a huge problem - why don't we care about that woman being hung?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join