It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of Alien in Aviation Week magazine!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by holodex
Unfortunately, after initially being very excited by this image, it took about 2 mins to prove it's fake. With the right Photoshop adjustments to the HR picture increased to 1200dpi it's pretty easy to see that the model is in fact MISSING it's left eye. Presumably a lot of work went into that part of the model, and it's the reason for the specific heavy shadowing in the final image.

Looks great though!

It may be a "Fake", but it isn't a hoax. It is simply an advertisement in a magazine that -- when seen in the magazine -- is quite obvious that it is just an advertisement for AMOCO, and was never meant to be anything else.

Here is how this advertisement looked in the July 1989 issues of "Flight International" magazine. As you are looking at the magazine, the alien image is on the left page, and the text part of the advertisement in on the right (pages 32 and 33 of the magazine):

This ad was in the middle of a story about ceramics used for the aerospace industry. Page 31 (the right hand page) looked like this:

As you turned the page, you come across the two-page ad with the alien image, then turning the page again you come to the rest of the article on ceramics (page 34 of the magazine):

In this context, it is clear that this the alien image is part of the advertisement, and the alien is not real.

Here is a link to the pages in question from that magazine:
www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I myself think that it was a novel eye-catching way to draw the readers attention to the 'new technology' (of that time).

Great marketing strategy (and nothing else).

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Would this be the same Wingz from Stickam posting to this site, or am I misinformed?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tripple_Helix
reply to post by getreadyalready

The circle with the cross in it? That is where the clamps from the Movie crane grab on to move it from set to set.

Sorry, I don't see any cross in it.

And you know what? I'd bet you if you were confronted by some alien being, right in front of you, you would still try and find some way to debunk what your own eyes are seeing.

I have not once said this image is real or not. I, just like everyone else am trying to analyze the photograph, but people like you just make make it impossible.

Sometimes I really wonder what the hell I'm even doing on this site.

Triple, my thoughts exactly. I am new here and thought wow I finally found a place where believers can share information and my perception was way off. I still love the site but wow you are so right about the skeptics. You can't even start a conversation about even the remote possibility of something before the skeptics come in and try and tear it down.

Everything seems to be a battle and turns negative. It does not have to be that way. I love this place and hope we can make it a positive experience.

On that note I love the picture. Whether real or not it is awesome. I always had questions about these type of aliens though. Who does the work? Who makes their tech, they don't look like they could hold anything with their spindly fingers.

There has to be another species or slave race doing the work. Hmm, maybe that is what they are doing with all the missing people. I am sure that they have robots but you never hear about any from accounts of people who have been abducted.

I just looked at the great photo and had to wonder, lol. Any thoughts?

The Bot

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
ive never heard such insanely immature, stupid , and flat out retarded replies before... 99% of the people on here are just REALLY REALLY STUPID... like the fact someone actually says something like, WHY would you photograph and alien? or, if it was real, the lighting would be better..etc.. to say things like that, is 100% proof you are so low on the totem pole of intelligence, it's almost a complete waste of time to explain common sense to you. the fact that you think YOU KNOW how an alien WOULD be pictured is such utter stupidity, you honestly deserve to be banned from ANY site which participates in knowledge exchange.I could write an entire book explaining WHY your comments, replies, and thoughts are such insanity. it must be fake because its dark..LOL. things like that are said by people who are young, lost, dumb, AMATEURISH , and extremely desperate to be noticed , you remain oblivious to how dumb your comments and perceptions truly are. there could be many reasons why things are done the way they are, and just because you can't figure out what those reasons are, you PRETEND to know what your talking about, when in reality your imagination has failed you, and it is not a good look, especially on an open forum.
keep your mind open, and learn how to use common sense..( no ..common sense is NOT saying, well, if you wanted to photograph an alien you would have a better light source ) LMAO...( common sense says there is SEVERAL reasons why things are done the way they are done, so take notes, and STOP having an opinion when you have ZERO knowledge on a subject and no logical points in your argument. step your game up by LEARNING, instead of spewing moronic comments while pretending to make sense.ARE THERE ANY ADULTS HERE THAT TRULY HAVE AN OPINION WORTH LISTENING TO? GOT QUESTIONS? ASK ...AND LEARN FROM THE ANSWERS I CAN GIVE YOU . HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND FOLKS!
edit on 15-8-2015 by stillwhitelight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
this photo is not real...

the number of fingers on the hand is correct, the length of fingers and joints not right...

the indent on the skull also not right not wide or tall enough either...

the sides of the head are close...

the eyes too small wrong angle overall shape...

The mouth too big...

There is a chin picture no real chin leading to the neck and becoming a part of it if you can...

The nose is wrong imagine a flap where the bridge of a a nose would be imagine a baby's nose then imagine it almost completely flattened, tiny slits for nostrils...

And the colour of the flesh is wrong more of a pale bluish grey to a normal flesh tone of a pale human...

Atleast the kind this picture attempts to portray...

edit on 15-8-2015 by 5StarOracle because: ...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join