It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China objects to US sanctions against Iran, saying UN sanctions don't need expanding

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

So true. The concept of good or bad is normally a perception that is in the eye of the beholder, and all parties concerned are going to do what is in their best interest, which in their eye would be good.

The needs of the many outweighing the needs of the few does not apply to the world of political wrangling, I'm afraid. Which usually goes more to the tune of do as I say, not as I do.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Sounds like they are a day late and a dollar short to me. They should have said before Obama signed the new sanctions last week.

In reality though-China knew the unilateral snactions were coming...thats why they are now saying something after the fact.

Originally posted by Wayne60

It was a matter of time before China expressed their opinions on the new unilateral sanctions posed by the US. Russia had already expressed concerns last month according to the Rian article I referenced here.

I think the main concern of both Russia and China is that before the UN sanctions have even had time to work, the US and then the EU imposed more sanctions.

Since China actively trades with Iran, and receives 11% of their energy from them, I wonder how long China will continue to support the UN sanctions against Iran now that they are openly objecting to the new sanctions.

www.foxnews.com< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

They voiced concern before, as did Russia. Then they turned tail and went along for the ride.

Of course they want their oil. But in the end they will go along with it, like before. Because if Iran changes, the chances of US invasion plummets, thus making China's oil guaranteed.

Essentially, an Iran without the current president, is an Iran from which China can get oil from. in the long run, they want their oil, so they will not stop it. China won't allow the US to invade, so they will instead go for sanctions.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Bingo. Same goes for Russia and India and most of the other countries aligning in this game...even Saudi Arabia and Turkey now. Turkey's government is taking a stand because it's what their people want. What a concept on that one. They are to be commended.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Russia and China are secretly hoping for regime change in Iran. They would much rather do business without the mullah's being in power if they had a choice. But they would rather let the US go in and do the "wprk" and who could blame them?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mars1
reply to post by ~Lucidity

You know they are trying to push Iran until there is no other way but war you bully someone one day they are going to hit back.

They (the Shia power center) have been fighting us for years...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

For about as long as we've been intervening there?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
If i was iran i wouldnt trust the chinese or the russians. they have already for no good reason supported multiple sanctions and this showed their weaknesses. many of you here may say that the US empire is collapsing, but i tell you that the US empire remains very strong. i mean they got the whole world to agree on sanctions against a nation thats nuclear program did not violate any international laws.

they both relented coz the sanctions did jack #e to iran...

so why strain relations with the us and co when it does nothing to iran...

and thats why the us and co went ahead with further sanctions outside the un...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Interesting thinking. I'd like to hear more about this. Sounds more like the U.S. party line to me than anything I've seen from China and India or Russia, but I'm game to hear your reasoning.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by Logarock

For about as long as we've been intervening there?

Oh sure but dont know that Iraq or Lebonon is any of their bussness really save for the nut jobs that export terror....which they have been doing for years now. Dont know that a nation like Iran really has any room to complain.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join