It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Quantum Theory Separates Gravitational and Inertial Mass

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Spacial Inertia means [correct me if wrong] the interrelationship positioning within [our] space-time. ie. how easily/resistant it is to re-arrangements, reconfigurations.
The generally horizontal [somewhat warping in places] sideways relationships. Sort of the tension, fluidity characteristics of space-time.

My question is,
when they talk about gravity are they talking about the warp of space in a 4th dimension or perhaps some flow of gravitons along a 4th dimensional axis?

I will throw out a possible speculation, if you have gravity inertia it could be caused by the/a graviton flow on a 4th dimensional axis that is condensed/consolidated by the warping of space.
Of course that might also mean that on the underside of the funnel warp it might be graviton shy or graviton light.

Alternative speculation, if one believes in other, proximate universes they could virtually all be concentric about deep gravity warps & perhaps it would be all that concentricity that causes a kind of inertia/resistance-to-change.
So multiple space-times could hold space warped regions [objects?] in place.

I still have to ask, why the 4th dimensional warp in the first place?
What causes matter/mass to warp space?
Again perpendicular graviton flow is a possible explanation, IF one poses that matter/mass somehow attracts or is some kind of easy threshold passage for gravitons.
ie. maybe graviton pressure builds across spacetime & matter/mass acts as a drainout, pressure relieving point.
Weirdly that might mean that consolidated matter/mass might be what keep all of spacetime moving in a direction that makes it all [uniformly?] massive/dense?

So maybe spacial inertia is about the spans between objects [space with itself?] & gravitational inertia might speak of the through-drain characteristics of matter?

Makes one wonder if creation of little regularly arranged micro blackholes might alleviate graviton pressure & might even have the capacity to make a local region of space have altered characteristics, perhaps including but perhaps not limited to altered inertia characteristics.
Maybe some kind of exotic matter might be better than micro blackholes.
Like graviton teflon pressure relievers.

Anyway the idea of separating inertial mass, from gravitational mass has to create all sorts of possibilities,
including as others have mentioned transportation possibilities.

Imagine a jet that can accelerate infinitely [even with a speed cap of lightspeed] without any problems for the pilot or passengers.

We could take a slow cruise to a nearby star. The nearest ones are within 5 [light] years.

edit: i think i need to re-think & clarify some of this.
drain point would reduce gravitons, & instead warping indicates at least some buildup of them.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by slank]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Well- it's about damn time, someone has ADMITTED it! Having SEEN, on TWO occassions, flying objects act with little or no inertia, I'm happy to see some (unclassified) theory, to explain it!
Still- When flying, I like to keep my eyes OUT of the window, to watch-out for those damn drones!

Happy Revolution, American Patriots!!

Sic Semper Tyrannis!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Jumbled space-time...supposedly that's what at the beginning of the Big Bang. But what causes it to become defined or "unjumbled?" Would it be scientific to say that space-time(from the atomic level, not the pre-Big Bang level) becomes defined due to our thoughts?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Well the way i see it is that space is a body of water. Now Mr E says that a space ship traveling through space is acting like a sub through water. This theory is saying that it is possible to drive your ship like a boat on top of the water thereby leaving the ship to travel without the added pressure of the gravity such as in the case of a boat vs a sub. the boat being able to travel faster on top of the water. Am I correct in seeing it this way?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by slank

IMO, matter is (a spark of) energy warping space-time, so I don't think it's accurate to say matter warps space-time as much as a spark of energy warps space-time. Matter or what is "real" is the product, not the reactant.

What causes that spark of energy to warp or control(or to make it orderly or defined) the space-time around it? My best guess is our thoughts. Our thoughts make up that central intelligence energy, which controls or define the space-time around it.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Awesome thread!!

A couple of things to clear up first.

To say that Einstien stole his work or theories from someone else is crazy. We technically have been stealing from everyone when it comes to knowledge. We hear something and it branches off in our mind and we go from there. If you want to talk about scientists stealing information from one another I think that worst case is Hubble for the actual thievery.

Also, we have no proven a graviton, it is a hypothesis at this point because we know almost nothing about gravity. Good to see steps being taken in the right direction, but as for right now the graviton is just a thought. Other bosons (minus electromagnetic) have more than one particle that they deliver their force through. So we could potentially be talking about gravitons.

This is a good step in the right direction and I am really happy to see these kind of things happening. We are starting to think outside the box and actually make our own ideas plausibilities, rather than relying just on others findings.

Thanks for the thread and I look forward to more intelligent discussion.

pred...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
On another note, if the universe is constantly expanding and represented by the balloon, then what is inside the balloon must be the past. If we were to assume that each layer represents an instance and configuration of the universe, and these instances are "kept," then perhaps we can travel(and participate in them) to the past, in that regard. And for all intents and purposes, that would qualify as time traveling.

This does not mean that we would be traveling to the past, in the literal sense. IMO, that's simply impossible.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by anubis9311

Well, they have MHD submarine and rocket running at high speed ...

an electromagnetic trick.

A conventionnal boat is slower, ... but there are boats that try to not work against water ... aerodinamics ( farm2.static.flickr.com... )

If you just keep a part of your sheep in this reality, and you place all the other part in other reality / dimension / loop ... then : your mass is "null" then ... your speed and inertia could be ... infinite in space/time ...

We have to create the "outside reality science"

[edit on 7-7-2010 by psychederic]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by psychederic

I like the idea of 'outside reality science,' but I think that is what is going on right now.

I am not sure how versed you are in particle/theoretical physics, or quantum mechanics but they (the leading edge) are not at all 'inside the box.' they are the dreamers.

There is such crazy stuff going on in fields of study that it is hard for the majority of the population to even comprehend.

I do think eventually we will understand things better, but I always try to think of it as a flashlight in a dark room; with only one flashlight it is hard to see the big picture as it would be with flashlights illuminating little parts all over the place, but to put the flashlights so that you can see a continuous picture helps us out.

So to keep illuminating close to our original theories we can continuously get more
complex.

So outside the box helps the inside and vice versa.

I hope I am understood, it's quite late here.

Pred...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by np6888

Jumbled space-time...supposedly that's what at the beginning of the Big Bang. But what causes it to become defined or "unjumbled?" Would it be scientific to say that space-time(from the atomic level, not the pre-Big Bang level) becomes defined due to our thoughts?

This is a short vid of what some may find hard to visualise... Quantum foam.

Order comes from chaos.

This is a very interesting vid series about natural order from chaotic systems.

Quantum Foam is raw chaos, the particles we observe are resonances that create stability in paterns. How those forms and shapes choose what stable paterns are present is litrally a matter of observation.

In other words, if you were to take a block of stone, that stone of shapped by a master craftman could resemble any shape the imagination were to travel.

The universe is a block of stone, it containes every and nothing at the same time, it is shaped by a consious observer.

David Lynch describes...

All the best,

Korg.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Current knowledge and technology allows for FTL drives to be built today. Money is the only thing stopping it. It costs so dang much.

You've watched one too many Star Trek episodes I think..

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The FAA is criminally negligent in not coming forward with the risks UFOs pose to aviation safety.

They crash into fixed place wind turbines and WRECK them for goodness sake.

The FAA has an entire secret database which in all likelihood is a listing of pilot observations/encounters with various UFO objects.

If there is an air passenger association they should sue the FAA into revealing the truth & needlessly endangering their lives thereby.

When the Phoenix lights craft were observed by two different commercial aircraft [their pilots] and they were inquiring if the other was seeing what they were,
an ominous voice came on the radio & intimidated them from truth and SAFETY asking 'WHAT DID YOU SEE' in a threatening manner & they immediately were forced to LIE and say 'nothing'.

Passengers are in danger & in worse danger, because the FAA doesn't even want pilots to acknowledge the other objects that are traversing the very same air space with them.

This is like airtraffic controllers ignoring an entire subset of aircraft in co-occupation of airspace,

which is IN FACT what they are doing.

Now if ANYTHING wants you to wonder what happened on 911,
The fact that the FAA is ALREADY lying to you, on a DAILY basis & increasing the danger to you thereby,
then i guess you want to believe in pie in the sky rather that real concrete, dangerous UFO navigation.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Ah... The Chaos theory... Where if you look long enough, you will eventually find patterns in chaos (and a tad bit of fractel geometry) that create order.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Quantum theory has the benefit of existing in a world that is undeniably foreign to humans, but this also leads to some very interesting (and more likely incorrect) interpretations of phenomenon. I'm very interested to see how gravity really holds up in this view - whether by the graviton or some other discovered mechanism.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Yes, i know.
I just posted a simple experiment on Utube about it

Search for 'spinning disc mystery', it's a DIY experiment

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join