It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Seizes Control Over BP Oil Spill Website

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Reports are up that DHS has seized the BP Website that was jointly managed by BP and US Agenices.

The Department of Homeland Security has seized control over a joint BP oil spill website,

silly me. i feel stupid, but i thought the department of homeland security was already under british petroleum and oil companies' control???

who has the oil to run the wars?
surely america needs the oil, right?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

No doubt they are. I just starred and flagged your thread.
The flow of information will be controlled if the leak cannot.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Why on earth is homeland security involved anyway?

Why no media?

They still haven't answered these simple questions, and most people are doing and saying nothing to challenge this.

The situation is BIZARRE AND INSANE. It's a sorry commentary on the world that millions of people will just accept this outrageous situation.

I mean, I wonder, how many people from this forum even have written, telephoned, etc to demand to know why the secrecy, etc??? How many foreign people have demanded answers from their government??

It is as though everyone has been drugged into being simply observers, not participants in vital national or international observers.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I feel badly for people too dumbed down to draw the parallels to 1930s Germany. Anyone who believes that government dissemination of information is a good thing is destined to become a slave.

Our progeny will remember this time in history as the collapse of the United States and will wonder why we sat idly by and did nothing about it.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I'm definitely not a fan of DHS.

I think we all know something is not right with this oil thing.

When do they ever tell us the entire truth about anything?

Just about everything is corrupt.

My thoughts or ramblings...

Lots of fear mongering, esp. about how flammable the Gulf area is now.
If that is the case, um, maybe it is a good idea that someone step in and secure the area...I mean, seriously, what better target for terrorists?

Or maybe perhaps they know a lot more than they have let on and DHS is simply doing what they were designed to do - seems I've heard a lot of talk on here about how this thing was done intentionally? If that were the case, isn't DHS suppose to step in?

There is a lot going on in the world right now...

Personally, I would be more concerned if FEMA took over...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I am not surpised that the Govt has stepped in to control the media - what surprises me is the Dept they are using - Homeland Security! I need to ponder on that for a while, something in the pie just isn't right!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The pieces are falling into place for Martial Law, plain and simple. It is now a felony to report the truth in New Orleans, the gov't is controlling the information, and the military is now beginning to make it's presence felt on and in the public domain.

In my humble opinion, the next tropical storm, the next deluge of oil rain will be the final trigger. It is coming and I would not be the least bit surprised if Martial Law coincides with the attack on Iran. Hold on tight.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Well when DHS takes over ATS then I will be concerned. Till then they are just doing their thing. You do know this is part of what they do? Right?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Lets just say that this will be a complete coverup now, and no one will be the wiser until it is too late.

Meanwhile, according to the Associated Press, thousands of volunteers remain on the sidelines endlessly waiting for instructions. Skimmers remain docked at port. And today, we learn that BP has only captured a small portion of the oil they promised federal regulators in a March 24 report that went completely unquestioned. In fact, since the spill began, BP has only removed 60% of what it promised could be removed in one single day, and yet we have no accountability. As John F. Young Jr., chairman of Louisiana’s Jefferson Parish Council told the Washington Post: “I think the federal government should have at the very least picked up a phone and started asking some questions and challenged them about the accuracy of that number and tested the veracity of that claim.”
blog.heritage.org...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join