It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rioting in California soon?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by zroth

Like the case at hand here. If that cop shot a guy on cuffs on the ground, and I drew my weapon and shot the cop, it would seem to be appropriate wouldn't it? As a matter of fact, the other cops should have done that very thing. No trial, no riots, no expense, just justice served.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind friend. This is exactly what we don't want. There are other ways to protest and to make your voice and opinion not only heard but recognized.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
What I find quite funny is people commenting on California,and they don't even live here,I am native So californian I see many describing the bad areas of it,I'm sure these posters have plenty of dumps in their said state,sounds to me they are jealous,I'm 57 yrs old California is no different then other states

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacktherer

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by zroth

Like the case at hand here. If that cop shot a guy on cuffs on the ground, and I drew my weapon and shot the cop, it would seem to be appropriate wouldn't it? As a matter of fact, the other cops should have done that very thing. No trial, no riots, no expense, just justice served.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind friend. This is exactly what we don't want. There are other ways to protest and to make your voice and opinion not only heard but recognized.

I agree....for now....for a little while more. The problem is the earlier part of that post. I only see two ways to make an impact on our lives. 1. We have to fight the nameless, faceless, corporations, politicians, and digital entities from within. We have to get ourselves into government and into power and begin fixing things. OR 2. We have to handle these things directly, immediately, on site, and with decisive irreversible action.

If we don't do either one of those things, then we continue to be taken advantage of. I am a big fan of #1, but we seem to be losing that battle. At some point #2 becomes the only option left.

I think about if I were personally involved in one of these tragedies. Sitting from afar, it is a tragedy and I wonder why nobody does anything about it, but what if I wasn't sitting from afar? What if that was my son? I can guarantee you with 100% certainty that Justice would be served.

You wanna know why my wife is careful to lock her car doors, and doesn't talk to strangers at Wal Mart very much anymore? It isn't because she is scared of getting hurt, or because she is unfriendly, it is because she is afraid that at some point something bad will happen to her or the kids, and the WORLD WILL CHANGE as a result!! She knows that my family is the only thing that keeps me sane, and that her safety is important for the safety of EVERYONE!! I can sit idly by and be sad and appalled at the terrible things that happen to strangers, but please God, don't let it happen to any of my family, because that will be the beginning of the end!

I know that I am not some superhero, and I know that I am not unique. There are many more like me out there. Wolves in sheeps clothing, trying to meld into society and keep our carnal urges within the bounds of man's law, and keep our id buried beneath our civility. The government, TPTB, the Gangs, the 2-bit hoodlums, they are safe picking on the sheep, but if they accidently bite too many of the wolves, it will become a game-changer!

Support your Tea Party, do everything in your power to make Option #1 work, because Option #2 is ugly, and you sir are very correct, an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind, but if you happen to be the grieving father or husband of an innocent victim, leaving the whole world blind might just be the beginning!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Here's some local news web sites that get very fast breaking news:

From the Oakland Tribune:
Oakland BART Shooting

KRON 4:
BART Shooting Trial Coverage

KGO 7: (very fast breaking news delivery)
KGO ABC 7

SFGATE: (it's OK but late with the breaking news by about a hour)
SFGATE

[edit on 7/7/2010 by mistafaz]

[edit on 7/7/2010 by mistafaz]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by easy530

he is guilty however to suggest he murdered a person in public.

is down right ignorant????????????

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This incident is but one small piece of a very large puzzle of corruption and graft at higher levels throughout society. It is a huge, seemingly insurmountable problem for those of us as the grass roots level of things.

At the same time, a "spark" is all that is needed to light what could become a very large flame. I guess that is the possibility the OP is wondering about.

I do not see any alternative but massive disruption of the status quo and I hope it happens sooner, rather than later. I hope the spark does set a larger flame, but not a wildfire -- more of a controlled burn.

It is absolutely pointless to destroy your local small businessman's shop or home. It is pointless to go after some group because of their skin colour or ethnicity. The fire has to burn only the corrupt, the slave masters; the PTB.

It would be a worthy project for someone to create the list -- the names, the locations and the vulnerabilities of the ones who count. Only they should feel the pain; not the guy next door who is as week as you or I.

I am editing this to clarify: I am not speaking literally about the PTB feeling the pain of fire. Their pain could be in lost revenues (from boycotts of their products), from lost services - by people refusing services to them -- like go get your haircut somewhere else kind of thing lol. I am not advocating burning someone's house down or torching their car -- they have insurance and it won't cost them a thing. Play legal, play fair, but definitely target the bad guys for action that doesn't get you in trouble (I am already doing this to the extent I am aware of connections.
)

[edit on 7/7/2010 by wayno]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The Jury has reached a verdict. We find out in under 30 min. Lets hope for no riots and a safe communte home

[edit on 7/8/10 by Cyprex]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyprex

They have special news coverage on now on Channel 2 here in the Bay Area.

announcement at 4 pm

[edit on 8-7-2010 by berkeleygal]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Bump.

Heard that shop owners in the Bay Area and CA are being armed to the teeth and expecting something to happen, either way of the hearing. Helicopters also out in force with freeways being blocked from people "fleeing" flash-areas expected to be in the midst of potential riots.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

How is looting and wanton destruction a reasonable reaction to anything? I can understand if there was a war on or something, I lived in L.A. during the riots, nothing of it made sense to me,(and I was a young kid) and none of it makes sense today either.

If there is to be revolt, let it be a truly righteous revolt. Otherwise it's criminal activity.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
GUILTY

Involuntary manslaughter. Fox News breaking.

Yes! I was first. 2-4 years penalty,wont be decided for several weeks.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by getreadyalready]

Expecting riots, police officers working 12 hour shifts. Fox saying, "we didn't realize how much this story was dominating news in California." How, can they not know?

[edit on 8-7-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Verdict:

GUILTY - Involuntary Manslaughter

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Should have been life in prison for murder. And I'm not a cop basher. At least I've learned not to be. What a ridiculous denial of facts. This is a political back flip done to keep "one of their own" from facing the same justice they dish out to others. I find this reprehensible.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Well, I've been held over at work sitting behind a desk till 7 at the minimum. Nothing to speak of right now in terms of outbreaks but the traffic on the Bay Bridge is AWFUL. It's 5 now... Most people getting off work. We'll see what happens when night falls.

I'll try and keep you all posted if anything comes up.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
KGO TV 7 LIVE

Live TV feed.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
my friend in okland said they delayed the revealing of the verdict in the case to give people and government officals a chance to get out of the area and from what ive heard from other frends in california people are already getting the hell outa okland on the MERE chance there gonna riot

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
my moneys on the koreans doing the best if its wide scale rioting but this is a bullpoop ruleing and this kind of corruption should be stopped store owners arm ur selves and rioters please please please take this out on the right people and not innocents......

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
on the live feed it looks like there chaseing off a police van looks like its starting but atleast people are trying to calm down others instead of inciteing them,they are throwing items and kicking the doors of police vehicles

confrimed on live tv a police van struck a citizen and then left the scene cuz of the rioters fraking cops(not trying to circumvent censors just like farscape....)

cops have called in all neighboring citys police force as due to there riot clauses (ie if a riot happens in one city all local citys send cops...) there bringing in APC"S and extra firetrucks....

so far nothing drastic has happend it seels that calmer heads are prevailing!!

i am AMAZED by the protestors reactios they are realy trying to change the image of there city......looks alot better then the g20 riots but only time will tell hope for peace and for the best

dont want to jinx it but looks like okland just showed the world what a peacefull protest looks like hope it stays that way good job okland ca for changeing the image of your city!!!

[edit on 8-7-2010 by KilrathiLG]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
yep i jinxed it shtf the cops declared it un lawfull assembly lousy cops just let them march as long as there not burning anything or breaking anything

guess those agent prvoactures or what not finaly got there

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Big waste of overtime for SF, pizza and the news...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join