It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rioting in California soon?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Hey friends. Thought I would pass this information along just in case anything comes of it.

It's been said that Gerald Celente has been predicting riots in America soon due to social and economic changes and developments. That being said, its come to my attention that we are coming up on the court decision of the murder of Oscar Grant.

For those of you who don't know, Oscar Grant was a young black man from the Oakland area who was fatally shot in the back while handcuffed in a train station last year. There's numerous videos as people on and off the train recorded the incident with their cell phones. I actually remember this hitting the news and seeing the video. I remember being shocked at how sudden and "out of left field" it was for the cop to suddenly stand up and shoot the man.
It appears that the court will rule on the verdict of the police officer closer to the end of this week. Here's one video of the incident, and there are various angles of the shooting scattered about youtube as well:

Apparently friends, family, and other various protesters of the shooting are calling for at least a second degree murder charge against the policeman. It is well known that murder charge is rarely, if ever, passed on a policeman who was on duty. The speculation is that a "not guilty" verdict, or something along those lines, will be the spark for anarchy in the streets and county wide rioting. Think Rodney King and Watts part deux.

Allegedly groups have been organizing for sometime and are ramping up their preparations for the hearing of the lawsuit. This independent blogging site that reaches L.A., Oakland, San Fransisco, Fresno, and other surrounding urban areas, is calling for anarchy:

CALL FOR ANARCHIST PRESENCE AT COMMUNITY GATHERINGS IN OAKLAND AND LOS ANGELES ON THE DAY OF KILLER COP JOHANNES MEHSERLE'S TRIAL VERDICT.

Let's mobilize as many people as possible to act on the day of the verdict. Let's send the message that no matter what the courts decide, we declare Johannes Mehserle guilty. We declare the racist police state he serves guilty. We ain't gonna tolerate this **** anymore.

Source

So...just wanted to pass this along
Could turn into something or it could remain at nothing. Either way it has potential, and Watts was a perfect example of that. (And keep in mind that Rodney didn't even die...) Rioting in California would just add the growing list of strains on the state and federal governments at the moment, and especially the economic crisis in California, which is where I reside and why I felt the need to post this. Possibly another step closer to the tipping point?

Again this was just passing some information along. I take no credit for finding the sources above. Here is the video from a youtuber sharing his thoughts on this matter:

[edit on 7/6/2010 by easy530]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
well there were riots after Rodney King beating,
why not this incident???

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
well there were riots after Rodney King beating,
why not this incident???

I agree. This may be larger scaled however. A lot has changed since 1992 And in the current social and economic climate, could have a stronger impact on the state as a whole. What if this somehow melds with the immigration and race war conflict in SoCal and Arizona?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by easy530

I think the officer may have been telling the truth when he said it was an accident. If you watch the video, you can see that after he fires the gun, he seems to be in disbelief of what happened. But I also read in one of the YouTube comments, that a taser feels way different than a handgun. This was from someone said to be a police officer himself. So I don't know. But there is no need for violence and rioting. If it had been a white person shot and killed, they wouldn't pay any mind to it.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarmonicNights
reply to post by easy530

I think the officer may have been telling the truth when he said it was an accident. If you watch the video, you can see that after he fires the gun, he seems to be in disbelief of what happened. But I also read in one of the YouTube comments, that a taser feels way different than a handgun.

Yes I had entertained the possibility that it was an accident for a while as well. Then I heard the same thing you did about the two weapons being distinctly different, not to mention the florescent yellow on tasers. While it does appear that there was a slight hesitation after he fired the shot, the police man appears to go on like it wasn't even a big deal. Hard to say, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't "accidental".

Either way, these people seem ready to cause a big ruckus, accident or not.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by easy530]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by HarmonicNights

He had also just had the taser in his hand. I don't know about you, but i don't just "forget" my right and left... and even if i did, if it resulted in the death of a man, I would definitely expect murder charges.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by easy530
I agree. This may be larger scaled however. A lot has changed since 1992 And in the current social and economic climate, could have a stronger impact on the state as a whole. What if this somehow melds with the immigration and race war conflict in SoCal and Arizona?

I totally agree
this could a catalyst that gets the ball rolling in CA
if you mix in all you mentioned AND the bad economy,
unemployment, state workers down to min wage,
this has the potential to be a state altering event.
If not a nation altering event.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Roll out the guillotines!

The cake has gotten stale.

Use the Fortune 500 rich list as a starting point, then the elected turncoats, the lobbyists and elite whose feet they grovel at.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Police ARE infact expecting rioting if the verdict is found as not guilty. they handed out leaflets warning the residents of oakland california to stay inside.

I will ask my friend to see if he can scan a picture for me.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
COME ON DOWNFALL!

Seriously though..... No that really summed up my feelings.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
i think the police and public should get together and riot against the gangs. i guess it doesn't matter when police get shot by some retarded teenager. it only matters when they beat up the wrong person.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanObanion
i think the police and public should get together and riot against the gangs. i guess it doesn't matter when police get shot by some retarded teenager. it only matters when they beat up the wrong person.

Of course it matters when an officer gets shot.

But police have a responsibility that goes with their power they are entrusted with. They go well above their power when they shoot an already-subdued man in the back.

Edit to add: Not that I think rioting will help anything.

[edit on 6/7/10 by GobbledokTChipeater]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by easy530

Star and Flag for this one!

More people need to read this and get the word out. This is much more aggravating than the Rodney King incident. This man did not appear to be out of control, he appeared to be subdued!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnivea
COME ON DOWNFALL!

Seriously though..... No that really summed up my feelings.

I know ATSers have knack for exaggerating, and I have a feeling that nothing will come of this, but you do have to consider the climate of Cali, and the Country right now. If one riot pops off somewhere, the country could look like the parking lot of a redneck bar just after closing. One fight pops off, and all of a sudden 10 more start for no good reason at all!

Cali just lowered 200k peoples wages to minimum wage.

Cali is entirely overrun with illegals and people that don't speak English, and it has even sent people home from school for wearing the American Flag, while allowing Mexican kids to hoist their own flag above the US one on a flag pole?

The entire country is at a tipping point with the economy, the oil spill, the worthless politicians, the police state mentality, etc., etc.

I state again, that I don't think they will riot effectively over one dead black kid. (Sadly, they are all too used to that.) But, I do think that if they mount a successful riot, we could see many copycat riots all over the country just for general purpose and frustration. I would guess Cali could role to Phoenix, Phoenix to Nola and Houston and Detroit, if riots get going in all of those places, then who knows?

I thought the nationwide riots would begin just after November 2nd, when we all know that we voted to SACK THE INCUMBENT, but the news and polls report that the same ol, same ol won again. Then we will riot, but I'm not opposed to starting a little early.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I lived in Southern Cali for 8 years (my husband is from there), I can honestly say that I never felt safe there. You can just glance at someone sideways and they will kick your ass. Esp. if you are a white girl, those Latina women will kick your ass.
My husband and I decided not to raise our kids there and we moved to the opposite coast.

My thoughts on gang violence, it is not necessary, these people need a job maybe contribute to their societies instead of killing, raping, stealing and whatever senseless gang related crap that does harm to others. He obviously killed someone so he must pay some sort of retribution, accidental or otherwise. So sad
Why do we tear ourselves up from the inside out?? NO clue.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I totally agree and this is the reason I felt led to share this. I have absolutely no intentions of being involved in these actions should they take place, though. I also believe violence isn't going to solve anything. Fact of the matter is, we now live in a violent society and this may become a reality especially when coupled with everything else.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Anything is possible in LA. and my memory of watching the Rodney King riots unfold live on TV is still very vivid. Plus, just look at what happened after the Lakers WON the championship. Can you imagine the damage if they had lost??

This will be one to watch closely because La La land is a different world with a different set of values and those that may provoke violence have nothing to lose if things get out of hand.

I still remember the footage of the truck driver Reginald Denny being pulled from his cab, beaten and crushed with a cinder block.

Savages!! Most of those involved back then still live there....

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
People in California will riot for any reason. Actually,they don't need a reason.

If the cop is guilty, take to the streets and get a new big screen. If the cop is innocent, take to the streets, get a new big screen and then burn the store down.

It won't matter....

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
People in California will riot for any reason. Actually,they don't need a reason.

I was born a third generation citizen on the state in Long Beach, California. People riot in LA, with good reason, because they have been servants inside the castle walls as the MSM came to power. Hollywood is the Venus fly trap. It looks and smells nice to the average person but it lives on flesh.

The riots following the Rodney King verdict were appropriate and after the media glorified them, the resulting riots should be expected.

Injustice is followed by lawlessness and that is the natural order.

Exactly which cheek should slaves continue to turn as the lashes remove their skin and they watch their creations destroyed and abused? RIOTS need to become the American pastime until this place is back in order.

Peace

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Except you rioted and only hurt each other and people in similar dire situations? How does that help?

If you are gonna riot this time, hit some credit bureaus, banks, courthouses. Nobody will do that, because those areas are defended, organized, and have little to offer in the way of spoils. Don't pretend that it is some political statement to crash through your next door neighbors window and take their TV set and shoes!

If you want to riot politically, then be my guest, if you want to beat and rob your neighbors and call it political, then you deserve to continue to be a slave and have someone else make your decisions for you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join