It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Queen of England is saying she is the Queen of Canada?!?!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
If The Queen ever tried to dissolve Parliament without the will of the people then she would have gone the same way as some of her predecessors, notably, or maybe more accurately, like the very public beheading of Charles I.
We Brits have never been shy or reluctant in removing malevolent or tyrannical Monarchs.

She is nothing more than a quaint anachronism that reminds us of our past and provides a link to those long gone days.

As was previously stated she has quietly overseen the return of power to numerous nations and has acted with nothing but dignity.

She is Head of The Church Of England and as such has few links to Rome.
I suspect the respect both she and The Pope afford each other is nothing more than common courtesy.

It is a shame to so many people outside of these Golden Shores seem to lack any understanding of courtesy and manners.
Is it any wonder that they are perceived as arrogant and ignorant to the extreme?

As The Head of The Church Of England so nominally own large amounts of land.
The key word is 'nominally'.
She receives no wealth from it and can do absolutley nothing with it.
The Archbishop Of Cantebury and The General Synod has far more control over it than Lizzy has.

I assure you, if The Queen or any of her family members and descendants ever try to have more say or control over my country then I would be among the first to rise against her / them, and I would be far from alone.
The reason we haven't is because we simply don't have to.

I suspect we are closer to rising up against the politicians who are slowly but surely transforming this country into a limp wristed, politically correct state at the immdeiate beck and call of both our Colonial and Continental Masters.

The shame of it!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Oh, and what the hell has it got to do with 'US Political Madness' if Liz is The Queen Of Canada?

In fact what has it got to do with the USA at all?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I dunno about you Freeborn, but I am genuinely starting to take great offence at all these attacks that people are suddenly dealing towards our Queen. She has done nothing wrong, this whole peace speech she is going to give just makes me prouder of her, she doesn't have to do it. I seen the video of her visit to Canada, people lining the streets with flags and flowers, cheering her on, they obviously love THEIR // OUR queen too.
Those who aren't members of her public should show a bit more respect for such a wonderful lady.

This is my opinion, and I know you may not agree with everything I have said Freeborn, but I know you share that respect for her

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Well she had dinner with 300 rich guests, her dinner were to be top secret and you want to know why?

There lifestyles are and is different from, she has no stress, no worries, her food is the best food in the world, her chiefs always know what to cook for her.

Well we peasants get the dirt, if you know what i mean.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
WHY OP DON'T YOU USE GOOGLE?

lmgtfy.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by tracer7

LOL dude I love that pic of Geithner.

I need one of those.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

This though is what you really don’t know…the actual level of communication between the queen and the prime ministers and what all they communicate about and to what end.

The same holds true in regards to the Queen and her communication with the Pope.

All you can do is imagine, and that imagination like so many others is always full of notions, that do in fact overlook the immense power and privilege invested in the monarchy.

This is not an aristocrat going around fashionable cocktail parties saying my family used to be…this is a person speaking to the U.N. General Assembly as the Head of 16 commonwealth nations.

What exists presently are simply layers of illusion that separate and protect the world’s true rulers from people who alternately pretend that they are free, and that those rulers have no power, while driving by their palaces and watching through their windows armed soldiers of the state standing guard in front of them.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
i really wish that they would put this in the history books so as people like yourself would not be speachless! not trying to be mean, but yes the queen owns just about everything. i find it ironic how average people feel and think that the queen has not a say, but how can the owner of real property not have a say
. anyhow you will find that ameica sends its 1044 ez form to pay homeage to her on a yearly basis- thus creates the all seeing eye scenario-reptilian. like i have said and many others on this site. kinda ironic that one individual that owns so much realestate through out the world can look the same as the first day i saw her as a young man in my first history class

kinda creepie if you ask me!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Awesome contributions on this subject; I thoroughly enjoyed the history lessons and fundamentals.

The Queen has been such an outstanding Queen; her diligence to maintain, build, and secure is beyond reproach. Her grace of protocol is unwavering.

I do not think it is the Queen anyone should worry too much about; soon she will let go of the Crown to the King. Then we will see an exercise of Power across the World. A spectacle that I am sure to miss.

If it is true that America is a Commonwealth as well, then it is sad we herald our leaders and they have not remanded this grave error; again lies at every turn in our history. Power and Control can never lead to Peace.

Thank you again for a great thread! S&F

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by belial259
reply to post by tracer7

The melody from the British National Anthem, is the same melody for the iconic American song, "My Country Tis' of Thee"

My country, 'tis of thee,
Sweet land of liberty,
Of thee I sing;
Land where my fathers died,
Land of the pilgrims' pride,
From every mountainside
Let freedom ring!

My native country, thee,
Land of the noble free,
Thy name I love;
I love thy rocks and rills,
Thy woods and templed hills;
My heart with rapture thrills,
Like that above.

Let music swell the breeze,
And ring from all the trees
Sweet freedom's song;
Let mortal tongues awake;
Let all that breathe partake;
Let rocks their silence break,
The sound prolong.

Our fathers' God to Thee,
Author of liberty,
To Thee we sing.
Long may our land be bright,
With freedom's holy light,
Protect us by Thy might,
Great God our King.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I fail to see why they direct so much anger towards her when she has little or no bearing on their lives whatsoever.

They conjure up imaginary scenario's where she executes her 'power' and 'control' through public subordinates, namely Prime Ministers, Governor Genrals etc, without a shread of supportive evidence.

She is a quaint anachronism, nothing more, nothing less.

She has tried to conduct herself with dignity in changing times and has seen her role and influence change dramatically.

And despite what many may think she and her family cost each person an almost negligible amount.

And how far has ATS fallen?
They condemn an old woman in her dotage well in advance of a speech on peace of all things.
At least wait and see what she has to say.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Hmmm....What kind of hold does she have on the US?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Our entire ‘not free’ system of taxation, hording and artificial scarcity is all based off of and derived from the ‘Divine Right of Kings’.

That so called ‘negligible’ amount of taxation, to support the second wealthiest entity on the planet is all about hording goods and robbing people of quality of life to perpetuate power.

1. The money you are taxed you can not spend to enrich or better your own life.
2. The money you are taxed is what created the second richest entity in the world.
3. You are advocating that system in perpetuity.

Many of the world’s leading criminals and murderers appear to be ‘harmless’ and ‘old’ and ‘frail’ and ‘mannered’ while in reality conspiring in everyway shape and form to make the poor get poorer, the unneeded get deader, and those who truly want to be free anything but.

You are governed and regulated by hundreds of thousands of laws that determine everything from the makeup and composition of the food you eat, the clothes you wear, where you can congregate and how, what percentage of proceeds you labor for must be surrendered to the state, when and if you can marry, and even what you can entertain yourself with and doing.

All this emanates from the Divine Right of Kings, in which you owe a debt to the State from birth to coffin, and that debt is payable to them and collectable by them from birth to coffin.

What an absolutely insane thing to defend.

Do not confuse your patronage for nostalgia that is what wax museums are for.

"The most enslaved man, is the one who imagines he is free".

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
royal pains in the ases.
serf city here we come.
yes - we all need to be reminded we are but commoners-
the nobles of the new world order trot around with the armored thugs
to pound the civilians into submission. why not?
the populace is disarmed.
the clampdown is full on.
the doublespeak is relentless.-eh?
the un small arms treaty is sneaking into
states..along with interpol.
as british petroleum poisons our shores.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This thread should be closed.

She is Queen of Canada. End of.

Hard luck Canada.

next we will have a thread ' The pope says he is head of roman catholic church'

Op could have checked this fact in 2 secs. didn't need to start a thread on it?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BluePillOrRedPill

And your point is?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Also is a simple explanation of why all forests and government land is called "crown" land. It's hers.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by p51mustang

wtf has BP, a privately owned company with 39% US shares got to do with Queen Liz?

Deny Ignorance?

Rather ignore the truth and wallow in ignorance!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This website is becoming pathetic and a pale imitation of the class site it used to be.

All that seems to spew from it is ignorant US paranoia and propoganda.

Absolutely pathetic.

The ignorance displayed disgusts me.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by p51mustang

wtf has BP, a privately owned company with 39% US shares got to do with Queen Liz?

Deny Ignorance?

Rather ignore the truth and wallow in ignorance!

Common stock has no voting power first of all.

Second of all, it is very suspect why we here in America where politicians have been proclaiming a need for energy independence would be leasing drilling rights in the Gulf of Mexico to a foreign national corporation, even more so to a deposit that might turn out to be one of the largest and richest in the world.

So yes it’s all very suspect, so too is the way the U.S. Government is in essence allowing BP to run the show on a disaster that could very well cost untold millions their livelihood and way of life.

So where does this cozy relationship emanate from? The fish is rotten from the head down.

Anyone who objectively reads the Treaties of Paris and Ghent ending the Revolutionary War and War of 1812 can clearly read that England is dictating the terms of peace and retaining the right to manage our money and finances and has a say in political leadership.

Where does that come from? The Crown, where does that come from? Rome.

No my friend, the Queen is in reality up to her eyeballs in the sordid business of administering slave planet earth.

Right down to having well trained slaves defend those actions.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join