reply to post by constantwonder
As has been described by previous posters here... This thread is a "picture perfect troll thread" for anyone not familiar with ATS, the hook, the
vague information with promise of more to come, the discussion and then the story falls apart for some reason, and then the thread slowly fades
This one is interesting though because as soon as the OPs credentials are displayed and are (evident to all) completely and utterly bogus, really the
entire thread should be ascribed to the scrap heap and a mod should identify the OP as grossly mis-representing himself.
If (LOL) an OP was to ever actually disclose something earth shattering on ATS (or any other site), here's a few pointers:
My unofficial guide to how to disclose something earth shatteringly earth shattering on ATS (or any other tin foil hat wearing site):
1. If you are going to bother presenting credentials (and personally I don't care!), then present some actual credentials, real ones... seriously if
you post your Diploma from San Diego State (no offense!) then people will at least believe you say who you are... as long as they're not
2. Just present the facts, not a teaser, if you're going to disclose something then do it... believe me, you are not a movie or upcoming production,
we're not going to buy tickets. Honestly. Just do a post and present some facts... not bloody teasers. If you've not got time, well then, wait till
you get some time.
3. Don't use any voice recognition software (LMAO), simply type your post into a word processor, spell check it and post it. The red squiggles mean
something... I know you have a pHD but the red squiggles mean something.
4. If you're actually real, you won't be bothered by having to defend yourself, and you shouldn't - the first and best sign of a troll or hoaxer is
his/her tendency to start defending himself with stuff like "erm yeah, I didn't mean xyz, I meant abc, my voice recog software is a real piece of
crap, but hey, ignore that let's get on with talking about my bean-pod time travel gizmo that the angels delivered to me". If you have something
amazing to say - you'd say it and perhaps answer a few questions about IT... then go on CNN and become all famous.
5. If you actually want to post something that is earth shatteringly earth shattering, contact the mods in advance, arrange a call with them, write
the document in a word processor, email it to them (spell check it first!) with pictures (if relevant) and perhaps even meet with a mod in advance
(there are many mods here, and someone probably close enough to meet you... I mean seriously... if a mod actually had a chance to meet someone who was
about to post something that is really earth shattering - he would!)
Just my two pennies worth.
Now - can someone please lock this now dis-proven thread before it gets even more annoying.
TTFN (my only post in this now dis-proven thread).
(edited for style!)
[edit on 6-7-2010 by askbaby]