It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Has Sense of Humor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
First of all, i want be clear on this: I did NOT write this to shove my faith down someones throat, nor do I expect you to believe it.

Many people don’t realize how God works in their lives, be coincidences or answers to your prayers, there’s always some thing that keeps you believing in God. I for one, believe in Him for a simple reason. He has a sense of humor.

My parents were going to buy some steak for our BBQ and had some problems with the car and it stopped working, (something to do with the battery) so a drugged up guy in a sports car spots us, gives us a jump, and goes on his merry way. Unfortunately, our car stalls several minutes later. My mother, seeing the improbability of having someone different giving us assistance each time, half-jokingly prays out loud “God send us an angel to help us”

What happens next seems very cliche, but i can give you 100% guarantee that this happened; minutes later my mother hears gospel music coming closer, and as she looks down the road she sees a car heading towards our stalled vehicle. Turns out the gospel music was coming from the car, and by sheer “coincidence” he was fluent in portuguese. (the only language my parents speak)

The man offered to help and gave us a jump, not only ONCE, but he followed us all the way home, giving us assistance each time the car broke down. When we arrived, not only did he refuse payment, but he just left without leaving any information.

Oh, and another small “coincidence”? We were going whale watching trip that day, the same day a whale watching ship in Boston hit a sandbar and almost sunk… we might have been in that ship…had the car not broken down.

Coincidence right?

If anyone has stories of something that happened to them, please share =]

[edit on 6-7-2010 by Falken]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Yea it's not a coincidence. We lose fact that God watches EVERY second of the day. Sometimes he sends signs, sometimes miracles.

and we STILL lose faith including me sometimes. Every secondhe watches.

Remember the guy hiing from God in the tree? God knew him and his name.

Ofcourse God has a sense of humor. God made smiling a reality. That emotion is implanted in us.

But I think he prefers more of a sense of joy like kids have.

Good story OP.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Falken

Then said I, Ah Lord GOD! behold, my soul hath not been polluted: for from my youth up even till now have I not eaten of that which dieth of itself, or is torn in pieces; neither came there abominable flesh into my mouth. Then he said unto me, Lo, I have given thee cow's dung for man's dung, and thou shalt prepare thy bread therewith.-Eze4.14

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
no, he's a jokester.

that is, if you are comfortable with it.

if not, then probably he is everything to the limits of your comfort, whomever you are.

if anyone knows our individual comfort levels, it is GOD!

if i think of anything to share, that's not too personal or confusing without a long explanation of history or context, i'll post it.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

good one.

i always felt like Ezekiel was really shocked...but not for long.

[edit on 7/6/2010 by queenannie38]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

thanks, I always thought so and read it like- AH PLEASE GOD ALMIGHTY PLEASE LORD GOD PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE let it not be so

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Seemed fitting...

new topics

top topics

join