It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufology ~ An Existential Approach

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
You are walking happily along a path through a field one day when you notice the sunlight shining and sparkling on a river of mud. It sparkles so bright you think there must be something of great value in the mud.

You have to sift through a whole load of mud to find something shiny.

But even when you find something shiny it is too small and insignificant to be of any value alone. So you throw it in your bag and keep on looking.

Then you find another shiny piece and you think "Great! Now I've got two!".

But when you go to put this new one in your bag you find the original one wasn't shiny after all, it just appeared to be so in the sunshine (and is simply another piece of mud).

So you throw the new one in and carry on. And you find another shiny piece! You open your bag smiling happily, confident you're really getting somewhere, only to find the last piece wasn't shiny either. Again, it was just mud.

And so you repeat the process, and eventually your bag starts to feel heavy and full. You open it to find it's full of mud, not the least shiny speck to be seen.

By now you're 80 years old and all that time searching in the blinding sun has taken its toll. You fall down in the mud and feel yourself fading away...

The last thing you see is a shiny ocean of gold just over the rise. But your brain is so fried and your body so battered that you no longer believe what you're seeing.

And you die cursing the day you left the path.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Not every UFO sighting has been proven a hoax though, otherwise, this would be a beautiful analogy for UFOlogy

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Was going to flag and star you solely for having "Existential" in the title... then i started reading and experienced lost time.

Dave

Edit for horridble speelingh

[edit on 5-7-2010 by daptodave]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
hardly existential but I suppose we have different interpretations.

I would call this an analogy approach.

top topics

join