It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did ATS do before the Oil SPill?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
OK, I am participating in many BP oil threads. There is a ton of research and digging and science and rational thought that goes into those threads. There is outstanding evidence and conjecture on all sides of the discussions.

Related to the BP leak we now have Weather threads, Gulf Current and Atlantic Current research. We have Global warming ties. We have the Sex, Drugs, and BP thread related to Wild Mustangs. We have Earthquake threads. We have pre-historic extinction threads. We have abiotic oil research. Of course we have aliens, and warnings, and precursors, and saviors, and reasons they let it happen.

You know we have religious threads, and armageddon threads.

We have North Korea threads, and Venezuela threads, and Cuba threads.

We have songs from the 70's that foretold of the Oil SPill.

We have Mayans, and Hopis, and Cayce and everybody's sister-in-law that had a dream foretelling of the leak.

We have engineers and chemists and geologists and fishermen and photojournalists all "evaluating" the evidence and being stifled in their attempts.

We have Obama and Evil Corporate America and haliburton and Blackwater and FEMA and DHS and the UN and NAFTA and the military all taking blame for some part of this.

Here is my question? How did ATS survive prior to the oil spill? I have been here a couple of years, and I think we had all of that stuff before anybody ever heard of the Deep Horizon. How did we do it? How did we satisfy our hunger for Conspiracy in the absense of all these new conspiracies?

I am reminded of the movie "A Beautiful Mind." In the movie, he "cures" himself in the end by using his logic to determine that although the world around him had changed, and he had changed and aged but the voices and visions had stayed the same? The little girl in his mind was still a little girl after all those years. He realized it wasn't real.

If we use the same logic, and we look at the idea of Conspiracy theory Before Deep Horizon (BDH) and After Deep Horizon (ADH), and we realize that the conspiracies all stayed the same, while the world changed around them..........maybe we can cure our CS Schizo tendencies!

No offense to my fellow schizos!

[edit on 5-7-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Discussed Yellowstone and Earthquakes

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't know, I wasn't a member then.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
We had H1N1 - the swine flu.

Wasn't that long ago. Remember?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Here is my question? How did ATS survive prior to the oil spill? I have been here a couple of years, and I think we had all of that stuff before anybody ever heard of the Deep Horizon. How did we do it? How did we satisfy our hunger for Conspiracy in the absense of all these new conspiracies?

Ahhh come on people.

9/11?

That and Aliens, the wars in Iraq & Afghanistan and of course the ever popular
Israel was going to attack Iran any second.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Ahhhhh Yes. H1N1 and 9/11!!

Same players, different episode. See what I am getting at?

Aliens, Yellowstone, have wormed their way into plenty of BP discussions. Not forgotten, only recycled into a new plot!!

Anybody pick up on the BDH and ADH? I thought that was pretty cool, if I do say so myself. If this catastrophe goes as planned, then we will need that terminology in the future. If it doesn't go as planned, then by this time next year we will have a brand new installment of TPTB sitcom on your favorite MSM.

I am a guilty participant in the H1N1 threads, and the 9/11 threads, and even an Earthquake thread or two. What can I say?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The economy and current wars and pending wars? Global meltdown?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
the illuminati and the shape shifting reptilians.
don't forget the bilderburgers and bohemian grove

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
the illuminati and the shape shifting reptilians.
don't forget the bilderburgers and bohemian grove

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Ultimately they are the same story arcs -- and that just adds more validity to us tin-foil-hat-wearin' detectives as we uncover the evidence and stories behind the stories. I mean, why do you think we keep coming back to it?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I think that's actually a really interesting, progressive and fascinating idea. I have an idea of what the results would be. Are you going to let us know when your study is complete?

I would imagine your inference is correct: that conspiracy theorists (especially the opportunists) mold their same ol' spew around whatever the drama du jour is. Today it's all about the oil leak. In 2001 (and ongoing) it was 9/11. Whatever the next big event is, it will obviously take center stage in the world of conspiracy. But how could it be any other way?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tadarida
Ultimately they are the same story arcs -- and that just adds more validity to us tin-foil-hat-wearin' detectives as we uncover the evidence and stories behind the stories. I mean, why do you think we keep coming back to it?

LOL! Now that is no way to cure yourself! Self-fulfilling conspiracy.

The more it happens, the more it gets recycled, the more it supports itself? Reminds me of the phrase "Fake it til you Make it" that is used as a confidence builder. Applied here it would be more like, tell your story in so many circles, that eventually it comes back to you as an original story and you can use it as evidence to support a brand new story.

It happens. I'm just joking about it here, and I love you guys, but some will use that technique effectively. They will start a blog under one name, a youtube account under another, a twitter account from another, then they will "fix" a wikipedia page and submit some articles to some user generated news sites, and VOILA! You have a hardened news story with all types of evidence and web chatter! Get a few diggs, a few stars and flags, make a call in to coasttocoast and you are a star!!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
We all sat around in big love circles spinning the beanie propeller on the tin foil hit of the person sitting next to us...until one day every single tin foil hat beanie propeller was spinning at once at which moment we all linked minds and then sent our collective up into the ionosphere in order to do battle with haarp

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

It was mostly all prancing, as I recall...leaping and prancing...First we'd prance to the left, like we were Egyptians...Then we'd prance to the right like we were Atlanteans...Then we'd prance without pants, like we were aliens...It was like a damn workout video...

This oil spill stuff is much more restful...soothing and calming...drip-drip-drip...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
AHAHAHAHHHAHHAHH!!

I haven't read the thread yet, it might be great, but here is a brand new spin on the BP situation.

BP stealing sunken treasure? www.abovetopsecret.com...

See? What could we do without BP?

Oh ya, there were all those threads about stealing treasure in the Twin Towers too? Anybody remember any Stolen Treasure threads with H1N1? I think there was a DNA database collection connection, I say that counts!!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Yes, there is definitely a pattern here, that goes back hundreds of years even. It's as old as greed, envy, and hatred. It often seems we like to pretend we're all grown up as a species now and those things don't affect our society anymore, but they do, don't they? If you watch your mainstream TV like a good consumer, that's all you will see.

Things would be a lot easier if we were all just schizos who seem to think of things "the wrong way."

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
BDH: I always tried to get people talking about things like the ongoing military programs to build 'skynet', to which there is no debate: they're really doing it. And some other things, like the elitists trying to get life extension technologies, which explains why they want to steal our money and marginalize us all out of existence.

Not too many people seem to care about those things. And ATS still managed to succeed into ADH.

Good thread, and words.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
[edit on 6-7-2010 by SLAYER69]

new topics

join