It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could ATS be influencing the way you think?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
First of all i have and always been a fan of ats and i do not mean to offend anyone with this post but i feel i cannot be silent any longer, My morality compels me to speak.

I have noticed many disturbing things on this site over the past 2 weeks and as i get close to writing a post about it they disappear, but now i have finally found one they overlooked.

Warning, the following Article is not approved for those with the following conditions,

Heart,
Lung,
Brain,
Kidney,
Under 18
and do not have a sense of humor.

This concludes the "cerebrus emergency broadcast system"

I dare you to forget it!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Doesn't any information about anything influence how someone thinks?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
are you implying that ATS is using subliminal messaging to make it seem like army sgts are in favor of Iranian women getting stoned? If I am misinterpreting your thread it's because it is lacking in information.

Underneath, it says "Iranian woman stoned to death" and above that is "oil spill reaches Texas coast" does that mean ATS wants us to think Iran stoning is behind the BP oil spill? LOL

[edit on 5-7-2010 by filosophia]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
might it be just a coincidence?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Hm. I should hope so.

I learned at a very young age that when you need to call upon certain information, you will draw upon the information that you have put in your brain, for use. So you need to be cautious about what information you put there.

I indulge in mindless threads from time to time because I enjoy them. ATS can have some really fun theads. There are some people on ATS who make me laugh almost daily.

On the otherhand, there is information here at times I don't want to have in my head. Those sometimes I find irresistible to glance at, and sometimes even post. But my posting history would reveal that I don't stick around long on those. (Hater's, bigot's, warmongerers, and the like).

I'm in and out, because I don't want the thoughts of those people in my head.

But for the most part, ATS is a wealth of ideas, information, and opinions I very much value. If that were not evident, I wouldn't be here so often.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
ATS is mostly responsible for showing me what to avoid in my thinking. Things go pretty well in brainsville central if I take careful mental notes. It's like seeing all the things you don't want on a BLT sandwich when correctness is a BLT sandwich.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The only way it changes my beliefs is:

A) Showing that there are a lot of narrow minded zenophobic idiots in the USA who don't have two braincells to rub together

B) Increased skepticism. The more i read about UFOs, the more awful videos i see, the more I think there is nothing to it. The more I read from the people promoting the NWO and TPTB ideas the more I think it's a load of rubbish.

C) How many people there are who have real trouble with basic spelling and grammar.

D) It makes me realise how many people don't see the irony of how being 'woken up' and 'set free' from the mental chains actually means living life in fear of authority. I find this particularly funny because what these people are doing is actually giving more power to the people they are trying to fight, and, in most likelihood, are doing exactly what the alleged TPTB want them to be doing - mainly living in fear of their rulers, not trusting anyone, creating disharmony in society by themselves and letting themselves be controlled and prevented from a happy life. If there is such a thing as these powers they are free to do what they want while the 'truthers' sit in their bedrooms arguing about who is doing it and why, all the while not getting anywhere and not doing anything about it and at the same time polarizing the 'movement' away from 'normal' people so the 'truth' will never be accepted. You are wearing your own chains!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Frakkerface

Number A) ftw! If they rubbed them together, they might be able to start something. As of now, they're both fighting, if they were lucky enough to be born with two...or...maybe one is just dormant and it's not a narrow-minded, xenophobic, selfish bigot and the other is just lonely and lashing out over the distress and guilt of possibly having killed it, yet cannot admit these feeling for fear of going truely insane.

Major agree on D) and something I've mentioned. They really don't understand what these folks they so fear are about. You can't even explain what they're about.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cerebrus
I have noticed many disturbing things on this site over the past 2 weeks and as i get close to writing a post about it they disappear, but now i have finally found one they overlooked.

Hey I like this game. Here is something I found.
It's pretty disturbing.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8c9e5a6f7d2f.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

join