It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should be done about the violence at our borders? Please vote.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

I think the most obvious solution, as already stated here, is to legalize and gain control of the the kinds of drugs that fuel the cartels and the violence

that might solve the drug smuggler problem, but it still wouldn't solve the non-drug related illegal immigrants, many of whom commit violent crimes. Some have even shot at ICE personnel who have tried to stop them. Those smuggling illegals into the US are making big money, and ICE agents are targets.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

hmmmmmmm....well take our military out of the blood oil war in afghanistan/iraq send them to the border and one illegal throws any kind of violence will be served violence military style!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

well take our military out of the blood oil war in afghanistan/iraq send them to the border and one illegal throws any kind of violence will be served violence military style

I agree with that. The troops we use though, would have to be National Guard troops, as I suspect some lawyer for the illegals would argue that regular troop deployment violate the Posse Comitatus Act, although I believe that the Act would, in fact, NOT be in violation, with the stated purpose.

Regardless, the foreign adventures in Iraq and Afghanistan are truly a huge mistake, and should be ended immediately anyway. Those "wars" are not making our country any safer, but indeed are only lining someones coffers with illegal drug funds.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Well how bout the reserves? I'll do it they can put me back on active duty and send me... I'd be happy to as I am unemployed and with no hope of anyone hiring me anytime soon where I currently live.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by Ghost of Chewie

If that mother and her 4 children want to come here to have a better life, I'm all for it. JUST DO IT LEGALLY

That is exactly my point in posting this thread.
Unfortunately, the GOVERNMENT is failing to enforce the law. The only conclusion that a sane person could draw from this, is that they are profiting more from failing to enforce the law. In other words, our Government is CROOKED!

Exactly my friend, crooked as a 3/4 cam. and getting worse every day.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by p51mustang

Correct, things are rarely plain and simple, however securing our southern boarder should be much more plain and simple than all the other shenanigans our military has been up to.

Also my prophecy has come true

“Babeu admits, with groups like Ready's patrolling the desert, the likelihood of a war erupting between citizens and heavily armed drug cartels may be eminent.

"We cannot have groups go out there, believing they have the authority of law enforcement and taking actions into their own lands," Babeu said.

He said his department will prosecute anyone who takes the law into their own hands.”

Source bignews.biz...

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join