It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should be done about the violence at our borders? Please vote.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The latest news that El Paso town hall was hit by gunfire as a result of Mexican suspects and Mexican police, may be the last straw. Obama continues to ignore calls for more troops to guard the border.

Of course, the correct thing to do, would be to force Obama to carry out his constitutional duty to protect our border and our citizens, but of course, all he cares about is the "rights" of ILLEGALS, and the votes they bring.

We know, however, that he has no intention of protecting our borders.

How much more do Texans, Arizonans, and other states that continue to see their states overrun with illegals and criminals, have to put up with?

What do YOU think should be done?

Should Texas threaten to secede from the US?

Should Obama be impeached for failure to protect our borders?

Should we bring out troops home, and place them on the border, with orders to shoot?

Or, do you have any other ideas?

This cannot continue as is.

www.examiner.com...

A gun battle between Mexican suspects and Mexican police left seven bullet holes in El Paso City Hall. This latest incursion of Mexico's deadly crime war has intensified calls for tighter border security.

The State Attorney General Greg Abbott wrote an official letter to President Barack Obama to say Tuesday's "cross-border gunfire" was more proof that the state "is under constant assault from illegal activity threatening a porous border."

The gun battle between police and armed suspects in Ciudad Juarez — a city plagued by drug violence just across the Rio Grande from El Paso — occurred as police officers were trying to investigate a vehicle with no license plates in a border-area parking lot within view of El Paso City Hall.

Police and the armed Mexicans exchanged at least 40 shots, according to police officials. The El Paso Police commanders said they believe at least seven of those rounds crossed the border and hit El Paso's city hall. No Americans were wounded, but a Mexican cop and an innocent bystander in Juarez were reported killed as a result of the shootout.

This latest incident, while being played down by most members of the new media, has increased calls for the Obama White House to do more than just pontificate about the benefits of having illegal aliens continuing their lawbreaking in the U.S.

"Border security and national security are inextricably linked. A porous border is an open invitation to those who wish to harm America, and for too long our borders have been an especially inviting access point for drug smugglers, human traffickers, and potential terrorists," said Rep. Trent Franks (R-AZ)

A few weeks ago, Mexican President Felipe Calderon, during his visit to the United States, criticized Arizona’s tough new illegal immigration law from the well of Congress before a joint session. Not surprising was the Democrat lawmakers reaction to his rhetoric -- a standing ovation.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Should we bring out troops home, and place them on the border, with orders to shoot?

I think we should place troops at 100 yard intervals along the entire border. If they were to give them orders to shoot it would probably play out like this. Once four or five illegals are shot the numbers attempting to cross would dramatically decrease. Our troops need to be brought home regardless of what they will be doing at home, so as long as they are on American soil I'm ok with it.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Should Obama be impeached for failure to protect our borders?

I vote for both of the above. Only problem is "we" are not the ones that can bring our troops home.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
One thing you must all remember (before you blame hard working people) .. is not Illegal Immigrants who are destroying the border ..

The Drug Cartel is destroying the border !!!!!!

Illegals that come here for work are not shooting policemen or smuggling drugs!!!

Blame the Government , Blame the Cartel , but do not blame the innocent you use as scapegoats.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by WXBackdoor]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Erect a wall with the dragooned labor of illegals alredy in the nation, then send them home.
Allow controlled legal immigration and Shoot people who try to come across illegally.

Sorry, it's not pretty, but its the truth.

If people are squeamish about the symbolism of walls, I suppose large minefields would be a distant second option. Deployment of troops on US soil is in voilation of the Posse Comitatus act, but I might be willing to accept exceptions in invasion scenarios. Which is what this is.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WXBackdoor

One thing you must all remember (before you blame hard working people) .. is not Illegal Immigrants who are destroying the border ..

Most illegals are probably not shooting, true. However, they are destroying state budgets by putting a strain on them. In addition, you must remember that they are ILLEGALLY in this country, just as the drug lords are. Should we just selectively decide who to prosecute? When laws are ignored, soon you have a lawless society, and civilization breaks down. In addition, if Mexico took care of their own citizens, then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Deployment of troops on US soil is in voilation of the Posse Comitatus act, but I might be willing to accept exceptions in invasion scenarios.

Actually, the National Guard has, as part of its mission, the protection of our borders, and prevention of uninvited foreigners from invading our borders. The National Guard troops in Iraq and Afghanistan could be brought home to protect our borders.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Anyways , I'm going to answer the OP's question - what should we do to stop the violence at the US-Mexico border-?

Well , is easy and simple .. END THE DRUG WAR!!!!

I bet 95 percent of all violence is Drug-related.The violence for the most part has nothing to do with Illegals looking for jobs

So as long as the drug war continues violence will continue , and unfortunately , people will use illegal immigrants to give violence a face (once again , using them as scapegoats)

Also: Orders to shoot ?? are you kidding me .. i guess that mom with four kids crossing the border deserve to be killed. (Jesus Christ you people are nuts)

[edit on 5-7-2010 by WXBackdoor]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

No I don't want to see innocent people killed - but those trying to cross should know it is dangerous. Mom with her 4 children should not be out there trying to cross the border along with criminals. Believe me if I was a Mom in Mexico I would be concerned for the safety of my children first and foremost. Now whos nuts?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

That is exactly why hey come here , ex. that mother is thinking about her children when they cross the border.

They have two options , stay in Mexico with all the violence , economic struggle , probably see their children grow up to be poor and nothing , or come to the US , get a safer , better life and a better life for her children.

Is a struggle that you will probably never understand.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

What should be done about the violence at our borders? Please vote.

Some viable options i see are:

1 - Dismiss all borders.
2 - start moving the leaders & rulers from Capitol to Capitol instead of troops from nation to nation. this will save alot of gas and money i think.
3 - Move El Paso a few clicks to the north.
4 - Move Mexico further south.

Pleasentries,
ET

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I find it odd that when Bush was in power, him and some other government members were all freaked out about Canada's border, and there was even talk about building a fence. We like it up here in our country, not much to worry about from us, and it was proven that the terrorists that supposedly did 911 didn't come from here.

Now they don't seem to care who is coming across the southern border
and I have heard that it might not be just Mexicans, but Middle Eastern and Somalian people posing as Mexicans to get into the states. The darker skin makes it less noticeable

www.foxnews.com...

Weird that they aren't more worried. Especially now that there is gunfire.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
First, go after the employers of illegals or the below won't make a bit of difference...

I would suggest a tri-state state-sanctioned LE force - sort of Arizona's, New Mexico's and Texas' answer to the woefully inadequate border patrols sanctioned by the Feds - I'd throw California in their too but let's face it, they'd never support such a notion. The purpose for this agency is straightforward - deal with the problem of border security unhindered by Washington politics, and at the behest and with the full support of the three forementioned states; previous LE required, military exp. preferred. Texas Rangers, State Troopers, National Guardsmen all welcome... and with equipment and proper training requisite. Motion sensors, UAVs, all under the control of a centralized agency headquarters... with about 10-15,000 man force at their disposal.

The only place I would build a wall would be in western/northern Arizona... to keep California at bay...

If the Obama administration has a problem with that, they can take all three states to court - for one, three targets in unison are a lot harder to pin down than one, and two, the noise from all the sense Arizona, New Mexico and Texas would be making stands to be that much louder in court, and in the press...

Or, Texas could just clone 2,000 copies of Chuck Norris and release them on the border... for as we all know, most cartel members grow up wanting to be like Chuck Norris; sadly, most cartel members grow up simply to be killed by Chuck Norris...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

WXBackdoor, Maybe mom and her 4 kids should have tried the Frontdoor.

Maybe the mom with the 4 kids should have tried get get one of her four husbands to change their Government there, instead of coming here and expecting us to change our Government for them.

Sure mom and her four rug rats come to our country for a better life, Please, Not that dribble again. She's here because her husband is going to make money and they are going to live with 4 other families in one house and send as much money home as possible. Get free health care, free education with breakfast and lunch and any other benefits that can be stolen, much like that SSN#.
When their done getting every thing they can from America and you bleeding heart liberals, they'll return to Mexico to live off the exchange rate from the monies sent home.

You really want to fix the problem, One, Build a Canal like the Panama canal or a fence below and above the ground. two, Bring home our soldiers and put them on the boarder. three, Kill every person connected with any drugs, I mean every body. If you find the politicians crooked and the police, kill them too. You can do what China does, Drug Dealers, 45 minute Peoples Trial, Always found Guilty, Out the back door to the court yard, bullet to the head, instant Organ Donor.

Edit to add, S & F

[edit on 5-7-2010 by guohua]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Actually, Posse Comitatus DOES NOT apply to border missions thus the regular active duty forces can be used for border guard duties (and have in the past, ie: from the creation of the US in 1783 until the creation of the US Border Patrol in 1924 the US Army was the border patrol - Posse Comitaus was passed in 1877). Reason is because border guard duties are considered a national security role and not a law enforcement only mission.

Before 1924 the US Army would assign units to patrol the Mexican and Canadian borders, all Army patrols along the border were accompanied by US Customs inspectors who would make the actual arrests while the Army provided the muscle (firepower and numbers). The US Border Patrol was originally much more paramilitary then it currently is, all agents carried M1903 Springfield rifles or Remington pump action shotguns in addition to pistols in the 1920s, 30s, and 40s.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by ChrisF231]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I do understand the stuggle - its pretty bad in the US for some as well. But you just don't put your children in front of passing bullets!

And if they are here illegally and are not treated as citizens it can be a struggle as well. I love the Mexican people, I have seen them cry for the family they left behind when they came here. I think it is better to stay in ones country than to be illegal somewhere else. For those who want to be here - there is a front door.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
How about this (taken from recent news articles):

First we carpet bomb the Mexican border towns (theirs, not ours). Toss in some white phospherous for good measure - surely we must have learned SOMETHING from the Israelis. All those bombs and inhumane weapons that we currently send to the Kosher Nostra could be put to use right here.

THEN we build a wall (maybe some Israeli construction outfits could be contracted - after all they know how to build a wall!).

Then, every time a round comes north over the border, we can cry "VICTIM" and establish a "security zone" about, say, 25 miles wide on the Mexican side, plant mines and above all - shoot anything that moves on the northern boarder of the exclusion zone.

Did I leave anything out? Oh yeah! We bulldoze all the houses in the new exclusion zone and build American settlements to insure our safety and security! Let's call it the "South Bank"! What a brilliant idea, if I do say so myself!!!

/heavy sarcasm off

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Tholidor]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Bite the coyotes.
No Coyotes
No Illegal crossers.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

They have two options , stay in Mexico with all the violence , economic struggle , probably see their children grow up to be poor and nothing , or come to the US , get a safer , better life and a better life for her children.

As I've said many times on ATS, I don't blame the people who want to come here. HOWEVER, they should go through LEGAL means to immigrate, like my wife and I did with our adopted children from Latin America. Teaching four children that it is alright to break the law, is not my idea of good parenting. BTW, our adopted children are grown and married now, and some of them have also adopted and LEGALLY brought children into this country from Latin America.
When people teach their children that it is alright to break the law for personal gain, they are in essence, assuring that the next generation will also be law-breakers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join