It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling on my ancestors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
About two weeks ago I came upon some hard times and low spirits. I didn't know what to do and then it came to me. My nokomis used to talk about how when she was troubled she would call on her female ancestors to come and help her and this was done by offering berries and semaa along with prayers in our language. I took her words and tried it myself. I prepared the berries and semaa and put it all on a plate and put it down outside near some bushes, said my words and thanks and went inside to bed.

That night I experienced some very powerful visions and felt and saw my grandmothers and aunties with me, talking to me and holding me while we worked through what was bothering me. The touch was very vivid, as were the words spoken. Each night for many nights I said my thanks and those berries and semaa remained untouched by the wildlife, maybe because they knew it was not meant for them.

I feel very thankful for their help and many good things have arisen in the past few weeks as a result of the decisions I made.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
my grandmother passed away yesterday.

i won't miss her. i love her very much.
her calming words, her gentle touch

she was in good physical health for being 92
but her life's memories problems became true
she passed on the 4th of july, in red white & blue
ancestors are real, they were and are, and they do

my grandma passed away yesterday
she left our 5 senses that got in the way
is she safe now? no question, no need to pray

within us our ancestrial light
can guide us towards what is right>
and show us how we need not fight
within us is a link, an ancestrial light

true to the core, heart, she is more than ok.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
That is great to hear, how it all worked out.
Just two things:

1. How do we know, these visions are realy our ancestors spirits?
and not our higher selfes, deep within that we know what path to take.

2. The symbolic berries ritual, I wonder if it is realy necercary if one seeks guidance, I believe its in the will power of the individual, we must then find our way.

Still it is great to see, how it all worked out for you.
Here I am not to critisize you my friend, i just am researching into this world of paranormal.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Good questions.
Some of these ancestors I have met before and I regard them as my ancestors because they are who I have called upon or who have come to me when I have needed them. Others are those I have recognized but who have passed from this world.

Since I was very young I have easily been in touch with the spiritual world, though an understanding of that has only come recently upon opening up to other family members. Many elders within my extended family have said that we are "spirit people" (I forget the precise anishinaabe word for it) - people who easily see and experience the presence of those who have made their journey.

As for the berries, the strawberry is called the heart berry and is a medicine that can be used for healing. It is certainly symbolic but I think it is more than that, too.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by parrhesia

Sending good karma to you!

It's nice to hear things are looking up for you.

I find the whole notion of 'calling upon ancestors' a fascinating one. I have no frame of reference for such things in my life, but love the fact it exists for others in the world.

Beautiful.

Oddly reassuring.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Great words, this spirtual, always is so intresting.
Seems like I learned a new thing or two.

Although, I just wish me came from a more spirtual family.
They just have zero experience, with paranormal, its cool, love your family.
Just, I have this facination with the spirtual/unknown, which I dont share with them.

So it is intresting, to read about someone who is experienced in the field.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Impro

I know what you mean. It becomes much easier to explore and embrace when it's something that you can easily talk about with people who are close to you. The vast majority of my maternal relatives have had these types of experiences, seeing little people and other encounters. With my other relatives it's not something easily discussed.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by parrhesia

Very touching.
More oft than not, people use logic to guide their decisions.

Spirituality can seem like nonsense to some, but the abstract thoughts and ideas can bring one a greater understanding of the here and now as well as the past and future.

With great feelings I wish you the best and hope that the world can benefit from your sharing with us.
I know I have.
Keep speaking freely.
Thank you.

Namaste नमस्ते

[edit on 7/5/2010 by reticledc]

top topics

join