It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NHL Enforcer Bob Probert Passes Away.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I just heard on the radio that former Detroit and Chicago hockey enforcer Bob Probert has passed away near Windsor, Ontario (and also Detroit of course). He collapsed in a boat on Lake St. Clair and was rushed to the hospital but could not be revived. He was 45.

Probert was probably the greatest fighter in the history of the NHL and in my opinion was the only NHL fighter who looked like he could be dangerous in the ring. I'll miss him.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by ipsedixit]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Well, I have to say I'm not surprised that he passed at an early age. He abused many drugs during his heyday, not just alcohol. The man had his demons.

The man did have talent though and could hang with the best of them. I do believe that in the fisticuffs department he met his match in John Kordic, a man who also died young from the same abuses.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Anybody can go berzerk in a fight but the thing I liked about Probert was that he was a thinking fighter. Anyone fighting him was battling on two fronts, his body and more importantly his mind.

I'll have to look for the Kordic/Probert battles. Kordic was a sad story. Gord Stellick traded someone quite good for Kordic I believe. He sometimes jokes about it. His legacy as a manager. lol.

join