It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of Countries who have Disclosed/are Disclosing UFO Files

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

maybe it's not the complete disclosure that we are all looking for, but hey, at least it's something!

Here's a list of what has been made available to us over the years by different governments.

NEW ZEALAND

New Zealand MoD prepares to release classified UFO documents

UFOCUS NZ Research Network media release. 27 January 2010

Over the past 14 months, New Zealand’s UFO Research Network, UFOCUS NZ, has communicated directly with Lt Gen Jerry Mateparae, Chief of Defence Force NZ, on the issue of the release of MoD classified UFO sighting reports and related documents

A Chief of Defence Force office spokesperson advised, “The declassification of the UFO files is now a ‘work in progress’ in conjunction with Archives New Zealand. The files must be amended to meet new requirements of the Privacy Act.”

Looks like New Zealand could be releasing their files, possibly later this year.

BRAZIL

May 20 was an historic day for Ufology in Brazil and in the world as the Brazilian Air Force (FAB), for the very first time in its history, officially receives a committee of top UFO researchers to openly discuss sightings in the country and fully exam classified UFO documents in several military facilities in Brasilia, the Federal Capital.

As of May 04th (2009), Brazilian Government has disclosed over 600 new pages of previously classified documents, covering UFO reports and military investigations from 1970 to 1979, including photos and films, for the first time

Related Brazilian UFO Link - 1

Related Brazil UFO Link - 2

UNITED KINGDOM

Tonnes of documents to wade through here, the latest ones being released in February 2010.

CANADA

Lots of documents that were released in February 2009.

DENMARK

The Air Force has followed the example of the US and UK and declassified secret archives on UFO sightings occurring over the last 25 years

At just 329 pages the newly-released ‘X-Files’, detailing previously secret unexplained UFO sightings in Denmark, might not at first glance seem to offer much in the way of sustenance for the legions of hopeful stargazers out there. But detailed within the slender volume are over 200 unsolved UFO sightings which provide plenty of food for thought for the old question: are we alone?

Danish PDF File - (not in english)

FINLAND

For decades, Finnish Defence Forces have been interested in the unusual incidences within our air space, things that people usually call as UFOs. Recently published book reveals official UFO studies in Finland from 1933 to 1979

It is based on three hundred official documents, which has been released for researchers – until the last year, when the public military archives was closed down and after that only a part of this material has been released under the National Archives of Finland

Link to Finnish UFO Book

MEXICO

On Tuesday, May 11, 2004, an international press conference was held to announce the findings of a joint official and private effort to investigate a UFO sighting.
What is remarkable in the press conference is that Department of Defense collaborated with a top Mexican UFO researcher, Jaime Maussan, in the release of information concerning the appearance of up to 11 UFO's in the vicinity of a Mexican Air force flight that was on a drug surveillance mission on March 5, 2004.
Using infrared cameras and radar tracking, the eight-man crew of the Merlin C26/A flight was able to monitor the UFOs, which at one point formed a circle around the flight. In investigating the incident, the Air force contacted Jaime Maussan and asked him to participate in the inquiry

Link to above case

PERU

Peru Sets up UFO Office

LIMA - Peru's air force has set up a nationwide system to track alleged UFOs, whose flashing lights seem to be distracting pilots and radar operators from doing their jobs. ``The Air Force is concerned about the disturbances in our air space,'' said Air Force Commander Julio Chamorro, who sees unidentified flying objects as a threat to national security. Ufologists say Peru is home to ``hot zones'' of activity of UFOs that are said to be drawn by Peru's Nazca Lines - enormous land drawings that can only be observed from the air.

RUSSIA

21 July, 2009

The Russian Navy has declassified its records of encounters with unidentified objects technologically surpassing anything humanity ever built, reports Svobodnaya Pressa news website

The records dating back to Soviet times were compiled by a special Navy group collecting reports of unexplained incidents delivered by submarines and military ships. The group was headed by deputy Navy commander Admiral Nikolay Smirnov, and the documents reveal numerous cases of possible UFO encounters, the website says

Source of above story

SPAIN

Spain Declassifies 83 Military UFO Files

Earlier this month Spain became the first nation in Europe to open its classified UFO files to researchers

According to the newspaper Voz de Galicia, "The truth is out there, in Madrid's General Air Force Library. It was learned yesterday that the Spanish Air Force has completed declassifying these official documents, which began in 1990. The shelves of the Madrid library hold the 83 'X-Files' previously classified as Top Secret. Twenty percent of these cases lack any logical explanation

www.anomalia.org...

fotocat.blogspot.com...

SWEDEN

UFO Sweden is releasing thousands of UFO files beginning May 9-10, 2009, according to a news story in Swedish online news magazine Essessen

A 250 square meter archive will open its doors to the public during the weekend of May 9-10 2009. It is located in Norrköping and contains approx. 18000 files from Sweden and several thousand documents related to Denmark, Norway and the US

FRANCE

The French UFO Files and the Future of UFO Disclosure

It appears that we are reaching a pivotal time in the human recognition of extraterrestrial entities. For the first time in history, a national government is publicly releasing 50 years of UFO documents, cases, and reports. It will be interesting to see what effects this has on the world’s population.

The French Government is the first establishment to release all their UFO data to the public. Other countries, including the US, provides documents when requested (following the Freedom of Information Act), but does not currently openly publish all the related documents for the public

LInk to Wealth of French UFO Information and Documents

URUGUAY

The Uruguayan Air Force (FAU) high command has declassified its files and allowed EL PAIS (The National Newspaper) to access its UFO records and eyewitness accounts. While the Air Force commission that studies these cases has been operating for only a few decades, the UFO phenomenon in Uruguay began in 1947, and continues a rich history of seeing UFOs, according to Col. Ariel Sanchez, an Air Force officer with 33 years of active service and who presides over the UFO commission

www.ufodigest.com...

www.colinandrews.net...

USA

Where do I start with th USA? The above link should be enough to give you days of tiring search.

-------------------

CONCLUSION

This was done fairly quickly, so I realise it's a bit messy. Hopefully it will help anyone who is interested in the subject. I found it difficult to actually access some of the files of some countries. Webpages were not accessible, documents could not be opened etc.

Some files are simply not online yet, and we are just getting little bits of information through the press.

I also realise that in no way has there been any full disclsure, and these are obviously just little carrots being dangled in front of us. Interesting cases none the less.

If there are any countries I have missed, feel free to add them on here with links.

Happy Searching!

G

www.ufocusnz.org.nz...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Documents released by France are completely useless. Just reports filled at the local police. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
One word for your post : -

AWESOME...!!!

Thank you so much, I was only wondering the other day which Countries had done this recently.

It is certainly a big milestone for all these Governments to officially release UFO Documents / Pics etc. and admit to what has been going on in our skies all around the World!

It might not be the Little Green Men landing on the Whitehouse lawn but that was never going to happen anyway.

What's to say our friends from afar don't approach a Country like India or China first? Why does everybody assume it will be the USA? Is it because Area 51 is so famous?

Anyway, thanks again for such a great post, let's hope our expert ATS'ers can add to it!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by piett

surely it's better than nothing though, right?

The fact that government are admitting to things they can't explain is a step in the right direction for those wanting disclosure.

g

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
You'll find that governments releasing material like this is simply an inevitibility of the Information Age (or the Attention Age, as some people now call it).

The rise of social media has led to an increased awareness of issues across the board, and governments really have no option anymore other than aqcuiesce.

Furthermore, the vast majority of the information they release doesn't advance "disclosure" one iota. The information will have been heavily vetted, and of course anything truly illuminating or revelatory will be omitted.

It's just a sign of the times, nothing to get excited about.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
You'll find that governments releasing material like this is simply an inevitibility of the Information Age (or the Attention Age, as some people now call it).

The rise of social media has led to an increased awareness of issues across the board, and governments really have no option anymore other than aqcuiesce.

Furthermore, the vast majority of the information they release doesn't advance "disclosure" one iota. The information will have been heavily vetted, and of course anything truly illuminating or revelatory will be omitted.

It's just a sign of the times, nothing to get excited about.

I agree Fox there will nothing exciting brought forward as usual, same old same old!

Just like the British documents

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
Here's a list of what has been made available to us over the years by different governments.

Vicente-Juan Ballester-Olmos, a Spanish ufologist, created a similar (more detailed) list which may be of interest to you.

It is discussed in the thread at the link below:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

All the best,

Isaac

[edit on 6-7-2010 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Links to actual files from the NSA CIA and other countries. Unfortunately the UK ones are no longer free and cost £3.50 each

The NSA has good ones on the Iran 1976 incidence

Disclosure NSA Style
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Great thread - you could add Poland to the list but it appears they've lost theirs:

Poland UFO Disclosure - Col. Grundmanem say "We lost the file"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f105af03670c.jpg[/atsimg]

The Polish disclosure, was the UFO file lost or stolen?

We post this with big smile and with an accent "Canada release the UFO files, Britan released the UFO files, Poland lost the UFO files..."

Many new facts about UFO data gathering in this unique disclosure interview with Col. Grundmanem, the former head of "Air Traffic, Air Force and Air Defense", who was responsible for gathering reports regarding UFOs.

The Polish air forces gather and analyze PRL reports on the pilots' meetings with unidentified flying objects. In the folder named "The Unknown" gathered dozens of reports. In the 1990's Invaluable data disappeared.

This is an Interview with Col. Ryszard Grundmanem. Col. Grundmanem was the former head of "Air Traffic, Air Force and Air Defense", who gathered reports regarding UFOs...

Link

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Here is the link to the National Archives of Canada where you can search the files over. Around 10,000 documents were released in February 2009.

www.collectionscanada.gc.ca...

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
where can i find and read the russian ufo files??

i cant seem to find any link

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The problem is they are not releasing/declassifying secret ufo documents but mainly restricted or confidential documents.
I would love to see a few secret documents

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by BullwinkleKicksButt
The problem is they are not releasing/declassifying secret ufo documents but mainly restricted or confidential documents.

Hi BullwinkleKicksButt,

Quite a few documents formerly classified secret (and, indeed, some documents formerly classified top secret) have been released by various countries around the world.

When time permits (probably next week), I'll be posting another fairly long thread that I've been preparing during the last couple of months about another batch of searchable PDF containing various official UFO documents (to add to the ones I've previously written about). That thread includes discussion of a few documents formerly classified secret or above that I found fairly interesting.
edit on 3-6-2013 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Originally posted by BullwinkleKicksButt

Hi BullwinkleKicksButt,

Quite a few documents formerly classified secret (and, indeed, some documents formerly classified top secret) have been released by various countries around the world.

When time permits (probably next week), I'll be posting another fairly long thread that I've been preparing during the last couple of months about another batch of searchable PDF containing various official UFO documents (to add to the ones I've previously written about). That thread includes discussion of a few documents formerly classified secret or above that I found fairly interesting.
edit on 3-6-2013 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

You are a bloody legend.
I am currently searching for anything from the Department of Supply (Australia) that would reveal something more conclusive

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
S&F for the effort mate.

If these docs are like the British MoD releases then there is an awful lot of chaff to dispense with and just occasionally an interesting tidbit shows up.

It could be that those in government really don't know what's been buzzing round in our skies for decades (if not centuries). Or maybe the really good stuff is still locked away from prying eyes?

new topics

top topics

join