It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Army Drill SGT.Enjoying the site.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Yes I looked up cosmic clearance, there is very little info on it except that it is NATO related. It is amazing to hear though your grandpa say ET's are real. I mean, its pretty unlikely an old man would try and start a hoax. I honestly believe ET's have already visited us, and the government knows much more than we do. It hurts me deeply inside to know that we are missing out on such AMAZING technology.

It is partially the publics fault. 50 years ago i believe, there was a radio broadcast of a fake alien invasion. Everyone listening did not realize it was fake, and thousands of people were frantic, rioting. Here I found the link

en.wikipedia.org...

imagine if this was real. Even if the ET's were friendly as can be, and wanted to HELP us save the planet, maybe they even went through what we are going through, a critical phase in survival. The nuclear phase. Its now that we need to decide, will we save the planet, or destroy it AND us. Anyways, even if they were friendly, your average American would drop his/her blackberry that he was working on a profit spreadsheet on and say "OMG aliens are invading everyone buy guns and shoot!" We would probably scare them away.

Im an American myself, and a proud one planning on joining the USAF after college, but in my opinion, the average american is concerned about a few things: money, entertainment, the opposite sex, and themselves. Im a senior in highschool, and let me tell you, the girls I see walking around make me laugh. They probably havent even heard of the oil spill, they are so oblivious. They are just to concerned about looking good so the boys can fool them into having sex, them dumping them. It sickens me. We are in such a critical phase in humanity, the earth is litterally deteriorating before out eyes, yet few do anything about it. It deeply saddens me to know there is a very good chance we will never know the truth about ET's. We may very well only have the fuzzy pictures of flashing lights to look at.

Sorry for the terrible grammar, im extremely tired right now and am not thinking particularly straight, haha.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Yes almost all conventional military bases use civilian police, and security now days. Mixed in with the Active duty. The reason the army did it is they had all the traditional MP's deployed in iraq / stan. Doing detainee operations ect.. Where I am at most of the leo's are prior army or M.C. Some prior air force, all related fields either MP, infantry ect.. Anyways.

So back to the question I raised Earlier about the Clifford Stone (guy from disclosure project) Interview I saw. I mean at first the guy seemed very genuine, and it was obvious he was prior military, just based on his lingo. He claims to be an ET interfacer. Im thinking , this guy sounds really legit. Then he said that he Helped an ET escape captivity through a fence, after his unit captured it. And after it was said and done his Commander said " dont do that again, you could be court marshaled". I mean, does that not sound odd. I know the army, you do something like that and id Imagine the consequences would be severe. Opinion's ?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Sorry but...

You do still have to be in the army to be in the military police and they do not guard or go on sentry duties on any military installation, its not an airport, they patrol inside & outside the garrison/base, they are responsible for policing the military community & Investigations on barracks, & pissed up squaddies fighting in the garrison town etc, if you was an infantry soldier and wanted to join the MP because they was handing out tours every year or two they will simply Re-Trade you and you will keep your rank, you don't need to leave & come back as a MP they're part of the Army, something just does not add up here.

Anyone

I doubt you still have SECRET clearance being a civilian security guard or are you just confusing SECRET clearance with the Secrets Act you signed?

[edit on 6-7-2010 by BRITWARRIOR]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
lol. ok britwarrior. you can question it if you want, ask anybody who's been on a conventional military base in the past 3-5 years in the united states, they have civilian security, and military police. Believe what you want, its the truth. Look up D.O.D police, or DAF Police. We have a 5 week police academy just outside little rock arkansas, where all air force, and Veteran's affairs go, also there is a 10 week police academy for D.O.D police...in Miramar CA, which are All civilian. So stick to what you know for the british army, cuz this is truth. Fact, and anything else u want to call it. Google this while your at it, Federal Police officer Series 0083, Grade GS-6... If youw ant to get specific.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SNeaKyTiKi

Honestly I didnt know there was such a thing as COSMIC clearance. All I've heard of are confidential, secret, and top secret. Confidential being the standard and Secret going on to law enforcement, medical and related and Top Secret being for intelligence and the such.

COSMIC Top Secret (CTS) is a NATO classification, one of two NATO has for Top Secret material.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

I doubt you still have SECRET clearance being a civilian security guard or are you just confusing SECRET clearance with the Secrets Act you signed?

Yes, over here some civilian security is required to have government security clearances of varying levels, some right on up to Top Secret. That's why it helps in some cases to have been former military, and have already had clearance at one time or another.

Most of the time, it's when your dealing with government contracts, or government contractors like General Dynamics, for example. One of the members of my family, who had never been in the military or even done anything remotely militaristic had to get a clearance for a job, at a shipyard doing work (fitting and refits) on naval vessels, so it's not just security personnel, either, nor is a security clearance restricted to current military personnel over here.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Hi Drill Sgt,

I've been lurking here for a while but felt compelled to create an account after I saw your post.

I was 19D/Cavalry Scout and went through OSUT at Ft Knox, and then from there Ft. Hood.

Your post brings back many fond memories of training. I was somewhat of a miscreant back then, which earned me a couple of Article 15's but not enough to warrant a discharge or anything other than "Extra Duty". These couple of incidents involved possession of a CD player and tobacco. I paid heavily and was smoked good and proper for a few days. I still can't look at sawdust ever the same.

As a Scout though, the mission objective has changed since then. When I was in, among other things we had to memorize the visual and IR signatures of friendly and warsaw pact era vehicles from all angles (bmp, zsu, etc). I realize that that is no longer the terrain in which our current forces find themselves deployed. Back then, the primary focus was on repelling a Soviet invasion in Eastern Europe.

It's great to see vets on a site like this. Welcome, and I'm looking forward to any other information that you can relay regarding the subject matter here at hand on this forum, especially anything you can glean from your Grandpa's experiences.

Best Regards,
Dox

[edit on 6-7-2010 by doxholiday]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by 8yrARMYvet
haha. Opsec on what, knowledge of ufo's ? All this stuff is public knowledge. army bases ect.. Fort irwin isnt a secret, google it. Basic training? Fort sill OK, Being a grunt. I dont claim to be in the Know, if you read my post I said i could answer general military questions, or Law enforcement. I was a Grunt, not CID. I simply know what I know about the Army In General. So make ur own decision.

So I am in the Know if it concerns that, I later stated that a SECRET clearance means nothing, other than you have a clean record. As for my grandpa, who has just recently gotten me interested in the phenomina you can read my post and determine if i Make it up, simply stated. He had a Cosmic Clearance, talked Little about it Lately when Ive started pressing him on it, because I think its important to find out what people Know.

Welcome to ATS. I'll try to save my railgun/military-tesla-coil questions till later, hehe.

Anyhow, after reading your post right here, then, I would like to hear your personal and/or professional take on how security is being handled in the gulf?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
hey doxholiday thx for the response. good to see a scout, which is basically a wanna-b grunt. lol jk. I like scout's, I actually have a couple 19d friends. You were one of the little crap heads sneaking in tobacco ha. Its ok, its human nature to tempt authority. As long as you graduated & moved on to do better things thats all that matters. The kids that were defiant usually make the best grunts/scouts/tankers anyways. As long when it matters you do what the F** your told, at an expeditious pace.

Hey guavas be a tad more specific, in what regards with the gulf... you mean Iraq / Stan? Just general policy or u mean wether id agree with the invasion, that kind of stuff?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I'd be interested to hear what your Grandpa has to say. I have to say I hated my drill sergeant and I will never forget his name. He tried to break me but he never could do it.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
COSMIC Clearance

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SFwife

That is not true. As another member has stated, clearance requirements vary depending on the MOS. As a 19D I was required to obtain a Secret clearance. I'm not sure about the entire process but I do recall I had to fill out a ton of paperwork prior to being cleared to ship out to MEPS.

But this requirement is not all-inclusive at least when it comes to the Army. There are other jobs/MOS that do not require that level of security clearance, and some that I imagine require more.

Dox

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
hey lightofliberty. I am working on getting a video interview with him. I just brought it up today and he became uncomfortable, on the phone with me. But I will say this he is not a liar, in fact he never brought it up at all until Id had the ufo sighting up in the desert. And just the past month or so ive been pressing him. He is retired, and actually was a commandant of a Catholic military academy in so. cal after he retired for years. He has been all on the web just reading / seeing the video's, and we discussed phil schneider, and Lazar briefly. And Its made him feel more open on the subject. So I really want to get him on tape. As far as I know he just processed papers / ordered equipment, but the cosmic is real id take his word on anything, he's freakin 75 years old, lives off his pention from the army, what reason would he have to make stuff up?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
just to add to doxholiday's post, to the Sfwife post about "all military have a secret clearance". Yea thats untrue, the Air Force Security forces, which is their version of the MP's are responsible for guarding all Nuke sites / bases along with civilian LEO's now. And there are kids (10-20yrs old)that work with me on my base, that are MP's, or what they call security forces. And they are not able to be stationed at bases that have Nukes because they did not pass their SECRET Clearance, or what they call PRP , personal responibility program, for whatever reason or another. So no, its not you just join and you get a SECRET. And obtaining a clearance from the military is diffirent then applying to a federal agency, such as law enforcement. a True civilian secret clearance gets investigated by OPM, office of personell management, they send out an investigator to your case ect.. dig through all your dirt, not as easy as it sounds. Do You get access to DULCE / s-4. lol. F** no, but you cant be a turd either.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 8yrARMYvet

Hi Drill Sgt. ,

Heh yeah I was a bit impetuous in my youth back then.

I incurred those infractions fairly early on and paid for them. But a few weeks after that it as a distant memory as I realized that none that crap mattered and the eye was on the prize of graduation and bigger and better things.

After OSUT but before I received my orders for transfer to my duty station, I made it a point to come back and talk to my former Drill Sgts. I saw several Privates (and a few Cpls ) do this during the course of my training. Yeah, I made a few mistakes in the beginning but after just a few weeks stupid stuff like tobacco or music ceased to be in the forefront of my mind - we just had no time stuff like that. As our confidence grew as a soldier, such things ceased to matter. Also, were were mostly too damned tired.

Afterward it was all a distant memory. It is however amusing to think back on that and recollect. If you're in the military for any amount of time basic training/OSUT/whatever is just the start especially once you're deployed.

Thanks for your post and helping me to recall a humorous moment or two at the start of my time in the Army.

Best Regards,
Dox

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

Yes, over here some civilian security is required to have government security clearances of varying levels, some right on up to Top Secret. That's why it helps in some cases to have been former military, and have already had clearance at one time or another.

Most of the time, it's when your dealing with government contracts, or government contractors like General Dynamics, for example. One of the members of my family, who had never been in the military or even done anything remotely militaristic had to get a clearance for a job, at a shipyard doing work (fitting and refits) on naval vessels, so it's not just security personnel, either, nor is a security clearance restricted to current military personnel over here.

Exactly. Hell, I have been to Garden Island plenty of times here in Aus, and even though it is a Military Installation (Naval Base), I still have to have Clearance to get in. Sure, it's a Maritime Security clearance, but in order to get it, I still have to get cleared by ASIO and the Aust. Federal Police.

And to Brit Warrior - mate, Britain must be the only ones still using their own Personnel to pull the gate duty. Poor bastards!!! Cause even here in Australia, we are using Civilian Contractors to pull Guard Duty at the front gates.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
8yrArmyDude you got me out of the closet if you will also. I was a 17Kthat Army changed to a 96R, Ground Surveillance Radar (GSR) I did three trip to NTC from Ft Stewart, GA in 83. At any rate, After reading I wanted jump in and assist as Sir Britwarrior is in correct as I mean here in the USA. What he says may be in fact true in the UK but not here. When I was stationed at Ft. Huachuca Az (Home of Military Intelligence all gate and motor patrols were contracted. The MP's had more important things to do. It appears there is a trend to privatize. Now SFwife and others in question about military clearances it's really simple Need To Know! Not I'm 50/90 Bravo that don't mean squat it is all Need to Know. I knew privates who worked for division Headquarters that had higher clearances than some O-6 for who don't understand Colonel (bird type). Lets see Oh yes I'll offer this to all others "The empty can makes the most noise" why not sit, read and listen rather than take up all this space commenting on stuff you obviously know nothing about. Let the good sarge have his say. I hope you do get to interview your Grand Father. That would be assume too. Oh yeah Cosmic Clearance is not limited to Nato either. Phil Schneider held Cosmic level and was a contractor. I'm fix into sit down shut up and learn something. It's good to be part of ATS I look forward to a positive future with all.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
yea its easy to find this out if you just google it even. I mean, theres series 0083 Police officers, with full arrest authority over any military persons on base. And series 0085 civilian security for many bases. It aint anything top secret or crazy. So enough about debating that I think that points made.
Back to what I wanted to talk about as far as some of the DUMB's, and some of these guys, Phil Schneider, Lazar, and the thomas castello story. Dont you guys find it odd that schneider, and castello are both dead, or castello is apparently missing? Does that make it true fact no but it definetly raises some questions, to me atleast. Schneider sounded like a smart guy to me. Id have to look more into the stuff, but theres definetly something to think about there.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 8yrARMYvet

Hey Sarge, 16 year vet ret. army. I did basic at Ft. Benning, then on to eglin/dahlonega/benning. Damn knees and back can only take so much for that many years. As far as the fellow who said he busted the ET out of the klink. I don't believe it for a minute. He would have met with a rather nasty accident or heart attack real quick or in solitary in leavenworth for the rest of his days. As to the others schneider etc. I feel they knew things and were talking about things they should not have been and were dealt with. If anyones missing, its for a reason. See ya on the boards!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
yes I agree with you az. That was just one part of the story that caught my attention as too much, with the clifford stone part. The army would crucify you if you allowed a regular POW or detainee to escape, on Accident, let alone something like an ET on a special recovery project, on Purpose? Especially back in the Vietnam day's when Rules and such were alot more lax, as far as treating people right, or enforceing orders ect.. Howe

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join