It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Army Drill SGT.Enjoying the site.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Steve8511
reply to post by 8yrARMYvet

Oh please... 8 years.Welcome but there are many of us who have seen and are more in the know, and still in.
Whats an 8511? a tad more.....
Please use the OPSEC training you received that you are obviously not using.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Steve8511]

Oh please... another self important twit that has to slam a new comer with out actually getting to know them first. Seriously? Those that are REALLY 'in the know' don't feel the need to shove it in others faces and insult people they've just met without knowing anything about them.

Here's a thought, try talking to the man before you assume anything about him and attempt to derail his thread, huh? Try using that Military Decorum training you received that you are obviously not using.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

WELCOME! I am very excited to see somebody of your credentials join this forum. I can't wait to hear more about your grandfathers stories. Speaking of which, I saw you mentioned Phil Schneider. If you are interested I created a thread a while ago talking about the Phil Schneider story. Has some good information from myself and other ATS members. Again, not sure if your interested, but here is the link if you are.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 5-7-2010 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
haha. Opsec on what, knowledge of ufo's ? All this stuff is public knowledge. army bases ect.. Fort irwin isnt a secret, google it. Basic training? Fort sill OK, Being a grunt. I dont claim to be in the Know, if you read my post I said i could answer general military questions, or Law enforcement. I was a Grunt, not CID. I simply know what I know about the Army In General. So make ur own decision.

So I am in the Know if it concerns that, I later stated that a SECRET clearance means nothing, other than you have a clean record. As for my grandpa, who has just recently gotten me interested in the phenomina you can read my post and determine if i Make it up, simply stated. He had a Cosmic Clearance, talked Little about it Lately when Ive started pressing him on it, because I think its important to find out what people Know.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by KANE OG
Pleased ta meecha! Former service member myself, but that doesn't matter. Watch out for the "Phage Whores" around here. (You'll find out).

Hahahaha it's funny cause it's true

And welcome Sarge. Have fun dealing with the madness that is the ATS boards. I give it less than 2 weeks before someone calls you out on being a Government Shill/Typical Freedom Hater/plain old disinfo agent. But I digress.

Should be interesting for you here. Can't wait to hear what you and your Father/Grandfather has to say

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Hi and welcome to the party. Hope you're not a disinfo agent , we have many on ATS , be wary of those and trolls too. Anywho , what do you think about the recent firing of general McChrystal , do you agree with his views. Is obama a rocking chair commander in chief?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I for one am amazed at all of the assembled or should i say "Where the Eagles are", Greeting to ONE and All.

I would like to make a request, too put forward to the floor, so to speak a ,question if u will.

1. MacNammara when upon meeting Fiedel Castro, asked the following of Castro, "Why did u risk Nuclear War over 24 Nuke missles?" (paraphrase).
Too which Castro replied, 24?? bah WE ALREADY HAD 128 !!. Ibegged Russia to let me Bomb u!
I Would gladly have let the Whole Island of Cuba be Incinerated, rather than let it be controled by AT&T, BethSteel, Teamsters,etc,.
So if true in reality it was Russia who prevented Nuke War and Kennedy was killed for letting Russia off the hook.,??

Relevance for today,
,Communism, Castro Style, Is It Alive And Well In This Day and Age?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

welcome, and thank you for your service, i am one of them that have the open mind, can that be real? is a hoax really a hoax? are we on the edge of a nuke war, is there hidden codes with in codes and text, have we been to mars? do et's glow? just some of the things to open ones mind. "Nothing to fear but fear it self" FDR.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Hey hey Drill Sergeant! Not sure how long you've been lurking around the site, but you might be pleasantly surprised to find quite a few of us who either have served, or are still serving. I'm at Ft. Knox myself, getting ready to join the NCO Corp and pin on my buck sergeant stripes!

Hope you find this place to be welcoming; but as with all things in life, there will be those who will try to drag you down. With every solder/sailor/airman/marine on this site, there is another individual who despises the US military and all we have done and continue to do.

Anyway: welcome! And I'd be EXTREMELY interested to know some of the things your grandpa is telling you. I've come to find that the only reason I come to this site anymore is for the UFO information. Please share as much as you can!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS

Served in the British Army my self from 2002 - 2008 left due to MD (Knee injury)

You said you was a sergeant thats good going for 8yrs service hats of to you, you said you work on an air force installation now, how come you are not based with your army regiment at the barracks where rest of your battalion is based and instead working on an Airforce Base doing sentry & gaurd duties ?

[edit on 5-7-2010 by BRITWARRIOR]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

Since he's no longer on, I'll try to answer that question for him.

From the sounds of it, he's out of the Army, but is working as a gate guard, so to speak, on an Air Force base. Those guys and gals are more or less law enforcement. They carry a sidearm, inspect vehicles as they come on a post or base, and generally keep any suspicious persons from getting on to a military installation.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Welcome aboard and thanks for serving.

A question that I have always wanted answered: What do ths et's look like? What color are they? Can they really go through walls? Are they telepathic? Can they become or look like a human for a set time? Can they verbally talk? If there are different types of aliens, describe them and how they look individually.

These are the perfect questions. Visual is a very important sense and I think many people have been wondering how they look for a long time.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, and you say Ft. Sill in 06?
I was passing through there that year. They had us up in the old MP barracks, build where the hospital was that Geronimo was at.

Liked that place, the upper most level was chained up and padlocked. We were told the hospital beds and other stuff was up there. Pretty cool story, and it made a few people uneasy, lol.

Called that place, Fort "Still"....wasn't too bad. Have some pictures (of Atomic Annie etc) around here some where, of my short stay there as I was passing through, from White Sands then on to Hood, for Iraq deployment.

reply to post by SFwife

Originally posted by SFwife
Everyone in the Military has a Secret Clearance

Not true, there are tons of people in the military who have no clearance what so ever, because their MOS doesn't require it.

In my unit we had a NBC guy who had no clearance at all, yet he was allowed in our toc where we had to have a secret just to use certain commo. "Need to know" is more important than clearances, and those of us who are combat arms are more valuable in the field, than as a toc beotch.

Maybe every one a "sfwife" meets in the military may seem to have a secret or better clearance, but that is because they have to. Reasons being should be obvious, hopefully the difference is too.

Just wanted to clarify for preventive measures. Some people might actually be lead to believe every military person has a secret clearance, and trained death dealing super soldiers. when in reality, 99% of the military are personnel other than grunts, like kitchen staff, laundry services or supply clerks. Not combat arms, sorry, and not all combat troops get clearances.

Hollywood is not reality, reality is not Hollywood.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS 8yrARMYvet, though I take it from reading the thread you're not on right now. I too thank you for your service and for being willing to bring what you can to the boards. I haven't been on a lot of UFO threads yet, but I'll be watching for you when you get going. Sounds like you have a lot to add.

Take care and realize you're in the company of a lot of sketchy people, though we don't like to admit it a lot of the time!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Glad to have you! I'd like to know, did you ever come in contact with something "out of this world" so to say, and made you go "wow, I wish more people knew about this." If so, what was it?
Are there any technologies that you think are contributing to the whole UFO phenomenon, or do you truly think these are extraterrestrials?
What is your take on the current government coverups? Any new information on MJ-12? What would you say is the percentage of things withheld from the populace?

Thanks in advance!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dwiggen

Since he's no longer on, I'll try to answer that question for him.

From the sounds of it, he's out of the Army, but is working as a gate guard, so to speak, on an Air Force base. Those guys and gals are more or less law enforcement. They carry a sidearm, inspect vehicles as they come on a post or base, and generally keep any suspicious persons from getting on to a military installation.

I have never heard of or seen a civvy guarding a MOD base /military installation before, you still have to be within the MOD to do that over here, IE carrying a weapons systems with a shoot to kill clearance, i'm guessing things are slightly different over there then. wot would this type of agency be?

Sorry just curious as to how differently things run over the pond

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Very nice to have you here!!

I am so glad that service men and women can think for themselves.
And so glad to get some of your perspectives, etc. See you around.

Ignore the immature members. Lol

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Hey always good to have more grunt's am one also did 22 years as a grunt good times lol. Anyway welcome and keep posting.

Over

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Hey thanks for the responses those that are welcoming. Just to Clarify again since I see some people are skeptic too lol. I am just simply a guy, who was in the army, as a Grunt...and a Drill SGT. Which you just get assigned too its nothing classified, it just takes a Certain type of person to be good at. But Now im out, I Work as a civilian now on a Base, its nothing secret at all simply Military Police, and yes its ran by the air force, but most are not military. Like the one guy said, you have civilian guards, and LEO's that process the base. So as I stated you do need a SECRET, which is not hard to get really. My grandpa mentioned to me the COSMIC clearance, and a bit about this way back in 2003 when I had a Sighting at my old Base, which i believe not to be of normal conventional Military. However he would only give me Vague information. Only Recently with all the information on the Web that he's reading did he talk to me about it again, which has sparked a serious interest in this subject for me. And I can provide knowledge only on what I Know which is conventional military. He is saying that he will do a video interview but he is very discreet at this point but weve been talking alot about this, so I wanna get that done.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Depends on how you look at it.
Are prior MOD personnel still considered part of that agency, or are they still technically "civvies" despite their background.

Some and a good portion of the gate gaurds or entrance security are not active duty military. They may have been, but the gaurds at Ft Hood for example are considered private security.

There are Fort Hood police, but they are the MPs.

Not sure if that helps, but that is my answer based upon how I understand your question.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
COSMIC is a NATO keyword. It's usually a modifier for Top Secret. Not space related.

Enlisted get confidential level, a secret is required for many jobs, a top secret is required for most communication, intel, nuclear, crypto, presidential support, aircraft, research (DARPA), stuff. Top secret requires a background investigation. High level sensitive projects are compartmented into sections and special background investigations are required. Other keywords are added to indicate the information cleared for like TK (Satellite imagery), SI (Sensitive Information), Q (Nuclear), etc.

I was a crypto/comsec tech, US Army. Long time ago.

Ref: Top Secret clearances
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join