It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Spill has made it's way to Texas coast

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
This is EXACTLY what I was thinking as I watched Harry Reid and Barack Obama televised from UNLV this morning. They talked about going green with renewable energy, but I think that's just lip-service to get Reid to win in November. Unfortunately, the Republican candidate is WORSE than Reid! So there had better be a BETTER third-party candidate to choose from or I'm writing in a name.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Nivcharah

And that's the beautiful contradiction the Registered Dems will have to make this fall: vote to keep in the corrupt Dems in order to keep out the 'worse/ Reps, or vote for a third party and watch the neo-cons hop, skip and jump into office.

sorry to get too off topic.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by justadood

The thing is, this is ALL interconnected. Who we do and don't vote for. If we vote or don't vote. Do we pay attention to who works for the oil industry and who is monitoring the oil industry and WHO is playing hop-scotch to play both sides of the board with the motivation: BIG OIL WINS and Middle-class/Lower-class are kept distracted by fighting over illusions so we don't notice what the ultra-elite are doing . . . running to the bank with all the money while they destroy the planet and all that it contains.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
I ... just hate humans...

I hate humans who hate humans

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
Some people are playing down this oil spill, even on ATS.

Well if ATSers are really any different than MSMers then they should step back and look at the big picture.... What do we know? Have you been down to the well lately? Do you trust Anderson Cooper?

I've often discovered that if I listen to what the corporate media says about a big news story, and then I consider the direct opposite to what they are claiming... 99% of the time I'll be spot on with no research required. That's how much they lie.

So if they're telling me that this thing is a major disaster while at the same time all they show me is footage of the well provided by BP while claiming that BP won't let them anywhere near the disaster, there's no way I can believe them when they say that there IS a disaster.

So I'm starting to think that maybe there is no disaster, at least not as bad as they are saying, and that they want to scare people to achieve the same results.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Well we ventured off to Galveston on Sunday(11th) and didn't notice any oil or weird smells. I even got in the water and still didn't see any noticeable oil or anything....but when I got out, I had little streaks of oil all over my bathing suit! It wasn't a lot but there were streaks of it all around my bathing suit. I've never encountered any oil before when going to Galveston so of course I noticed it right away. It was extremely sticky and seemed glued onto my suit. I have a picture but I'm not sure how to add it on here.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe

Originally posted by badw0lf
I ... just hate humans...

I hate humans who hate humans

I would go so far as to say that I have NO empathy for Humans who have phenotypes that score less than 70% or better on Human empathy tests.

They can all go to Mars as far as I am concerned!

(you think I am kidding)

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthMagnet

So Immanuel Kant was crooked too. How does that fit in with oil on Galveston beaches?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
It was bound to be only a matter of time before the oil spread to the Texas shoreline. Today tar balls from the BP oil spill have reached the shores of Galveston Island. So, there you have it folks. This thing has now stretched from Texas to Florida.

news source

I jus got back from my sailboat that is in Galveston bay and oil is all over the bottom.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sliadon

Ok- Let's adopt Mexican laws on illegal immigration and throw them in jail for two years. My way at least allows them to make a contribution.

And, yes, it does bother me when an illegal can come here and get free housing subsidies, food stamps, free medical care without paying into the tax system. Put the 1/3 of our federal prisoners who are illegals to work on public projects to pay for their tax burden.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by seabisquit

yeah!

state-enforced slavery is an AWESOME idea!

i bet you miss the good ol days, eh?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join