It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activist: Iranian mother of two to be stoned to death

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Doesn't seem like such a bad way to go, after all, first you start giggling, then you get the munchies, and then you listen to some really cool tunes, and...... oh wait!!! you mean like throwing stones, oh crap, that would suck... oops

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
Yes it is sickening, indeed, but what you gonna do? This is how they want it, this is how they live. The only thing to save these people is some aliens landing or something so they can stop following their religion.....

This may be how some Iranians want to go about business in their country. At the same time, they are trying to develop technology which may give them access to highly destructive weapons. If Iran insists on being allowed to develop nuclear power, which is common throughout developed nations; then they should attempt to show the world that they are ready to have that technology.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Styki

Nuclear power is a right that Iran has.

And once they get a few nuclear weapons, we are going to have to start behaving like adults when we talk with them.

The possibility of mutual annihilation helps support the diplomatic process, it saves lives and prevents wars.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by disfugured
Thats their affairs. Allow their people to settle their problems. MSM is just doing whatever it can to dig-up dirt on Iran to make it excusable for military action. They need public support to justify bombing the *snip* out of Iran.

OT:

Isn't horse theft in Texas still a death penalty?

Funny you should mention that. I just read that a few minutes ago on the internet. I am from texas and evidently it is still legal to be hanged for cattle theft.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
A caring world would stop this.

This is not a caring world.

People care about themselves.

I am horrified by this outrage - what can I do?

This government is murderous and barbaric and should be overthrown.

People like this should not be allowed to perform these barbarous acts.

Who in this world has hands clean of murder?

I do, and I must take heart from that fact.

And they will pay.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Why do we call these places Third World Countries?

Its because they are way behind the Western World...

What did the USA do not that many years ago?

Shoot Indians and Blacks just for fun..

There was also the scalping and rapes and a whole bunch of other disgusting things...

Are these Countries really that far behind??

Just my thoughts

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

No, the rulers of this world are disgusting and always have been.

Most people are benevolent but have no choice.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
A caring world would stop this.

I don't think bombing them is going to help prevent deaths.

*Are you one of those people who thinks Auschwitz should have been bombed during the war?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45

Even though this is 2010 Iran is still prosecuting people based on stone-aged laws and rules. Iran may be a beautiful country, but the people in charge are completely backwards. How horrible it must be to be buried up to your neck and have rocks thrown at your head until you die. I understand that this is part of the Iranian culture, but join civilization already. It is bad enough that the U.S. still uses capital punishment but at least people aren't being stoned to death and hung in the streets.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I bet it is not as horrible as getting raped in American jails in daily bases up the you know where.

I rather die in painful death, than painful and humiliating.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Yes it is sickening, indeed, but what you gonna do?

I'll tell you what most people will do.

They will get angry. They will hate those in power in Iran.

Sure this is harsh, but there have always been these executions in Iran. Over 120 this year already. So why the CNN coverage of this particular one?

Because the timing is right.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

The Iranian judiciary officially placed a moratorium on stoning in 2002, although the punishment remained on the books, and there were a few cases of Judges handing down stoning sentences in 2006 and 2007 [5], until Iran's judiciary decided in 2008 to fully scrap the punishment from the books in a legislation submitted to parliament for approval.[6] As of June 2009, Iran's parliament has been reviewing and revising the Islamic penal code to omit stoning as a form of punishment.

Wikipedia

Stoning is not an Islamic law, Iranians are finally realizing that and changing it, get over it, the Western empire just trying to find an excuse to kill millions of people again.

This is an internal matter of Iran. Keep your tentacles away.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Sick joke time.

To everyone who takes this lightly...

Ugh, end of the world.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The 17 year old son of this woman has been traveling to see her for 15min once a week. Here is the story

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Yes it is sickening, indeed, but what you gonna do?

I'll tell you what most people will do.

They will get angry. They will hate those in power in Iran.

Sure this is harsh, but there have always been these executions in Iran. Over 120 this year already. So why the CNN coverage of this particular one?

Because the timing is right.

I see where you are going with this, and my sentiments exactly. I also like your sig. Makes perfect sense to me!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Another article: Iran: woman 'adulterer' will not face stoning

Her lucky day? Not! She still faces death.

There's a bunch of bonehead nations over there. Sell them a bunch of nukes and lets get the heck out of there.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

Really? Have all countries with nuclear technology had to do this? Did the rules just recently change just for Iran?

Other countries are "head-chopping, hand-severing, anti-feminist, misogynist, feudal [and] anti-democratic" and can participate in the imperialist economy, have the technology, and play with the big boys, but being that it's Iran it's different?

[edit on 7/8/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

No but..

The west will not allow a single country the possibility to bottle neck or hold hostage the strait with the threat of nukes. Yes, that includes support from our Eastern business partners.

Something to think about.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yeah, I know how important the strait and the other chokepoints Iran has control over are.

So they're cursed because if their geography. Heaven forbid they be allowed to profit from it themselves.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

could be stoned to death at any moment

I read this 4 days ago. Chalk it up to more hysterics at best... 'At any moment!
No, I don't doubt the story might be based on truth, but, the tabloid wording I find repulsive and propagandic.

Anyway, here we go again... If I've said it once on these boards I've said it a hundred times.
Folks, it's THEIR culture.
Do I agree with it? Who the hell am I to agree with it or not? I'm NO ONE (to them) is who I am and my opinion doesn't mean a fart in their tent flaps.
Newsflash. Neither does yours. They've been at this longer than most of the Western World's been civilized.

Recap... This woman knew the risks she as taking. Now? The only people that can do anything to save her and stop those kind of atrocities from continuing are HER OWN PEOPLE.

I suggest bleeding heart Westerner's turn their focus on the atrocities happening to their OWN PEOPLE - and leave other cultures alone.

It's like you can't even see the 'whaa whaa' trap you're getting sucked into.

Spend your energy whining about how bad 'they' have it and you conveniently blind yourself to all the rights you're letting slip away and atrocities you're allowing to continue each and every day in your OWN Nation against your OWN PEOPLE.

Or what? Would you rather the USA, UK and the Western World get into yet ANOTHER WAR? Is that it? Oh wait, or are we at war with them already?

UGH!

peace

Edit: Bold

[edit on 8-7-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Its business as usual in the world of mass media hypnosis to further indulge the configured minds of the public. How can this be proven, well, i guess this about covers it all.

NEWS CORPORATION REPORTS SECOND QUARTER
REVENUE GROWTH OF 10% TO $8.7 BILLION

NEW YORK, NY, February 2, 2010 – News Corporation (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX:
NWS, NWSLV) today reported financial results for the second quarter ended December
31, 2009. These results include a one-time $500 million pre-tax charge ($315 million or $0.12 per share, net of tax) related to the settlement of litigation filed against the Company's Integrated Marketing Services business. The Company reported second quarter net income of $254 million ($0.10 per share) as compared to a net loss of $6.4 billion ($2.45 per share) in the second quarter a year ago. Excluding the net income effects in both years of one-time items, principally consisting of the litigation charge this year and the impairment charge we took last year, second quarter adjusted earnings per share1 this year are $0.25 as compared to the year ago result of $0.15.
In the quarter, total revenue increased by 10% to $8.7 billion as a result of double-digit percentage growth at the majority of business segments as compared to the sameperiod a year ago. Excluding the litigation settlement charge, the Company reported
total segment operating income of $1.2 billion, an increase of 44% compared with segment operating income of $839 million reported a year ago2. These results reflect growth at the Filmed Entertainment, Television, Cable Network Programming, Newspapers and Information Services and Book Publishing segments, partially offset by decreases at the Direct Broadcast Satellite Television and Other segments.

Commenting on the results, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Rupert Murdoch said:

Our strong top-line revenue growth demonstrates that News Corporation is emerging from this recession with renewed vigor and strength. Moreover, our underlying operating trends this quarter far outpace those of the same quarter last year. We continue to reap the benefits from the restructuring and cost containment measures we instituted before the downturn began and I am pleased that our unrelenting focus has translated to growth across our businesses that will reward stockholders for years to come.

www.newscorp.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join