It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 1995 Salida, Colorado UFO Footage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

In this presentation, we will be taking a closer look at a very interesting bit of amateur video footage shot in Salida, Colorado back in 1995 by a man named Tim Edwards, showing an Unidentified Object in the sky.

Since Mr. Edwards shot this footage, it has been shown in several different television and film documentaries that deal with the UFO phenomenon - and with good reason in my opinion. This was a clear sky, broad daylight sighting (approx 9:30am local time), providing Mr. Edwards with excellent seeing/filming conditions. The footage shot by Mr. Edwards provides us a decent look at this unidentified object(s), and in addition, it is worth noting that there were also multiple confirmed eyewitnesses to this incident as well, including Mr. Edwards young daughter (who was the first to sight the UFO in the sky and draw her father's attention to it). These other eyewitnesses provide powerful supporting testimony and confirmation that should effectively nullify any concerns anyone may have regarding the possibility of this footage being a hoax. It is indeed authentic footage of a confirmed unidentified flying object caught on tape.

As you will see in this presentation, the raw footage of this incident suffers from significant camera shake due to the unavoidable fact that Mr. Edwards did not have access to a tripod at the time and the camera lens was zoomed in @ 8x to allow for high magnification filming of the UFO. The application of image stabilizing techniques to compensate for the camera shake can therefore afford us an improved, cleaner look at what I feel should be already considered as some impressive footage.

CX

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Thanks for this video, i've not seen this one before, or heard of the sighting either.

It's certainly good footage, although a little shaky which i guess couldn't be helped. It's almost like he was above a falling cylinder or something.

Thanks again.

CX.

[edit on 5/7/10 by CX]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
here's a video with Tim Edwards describing what he witnessed

and some relevant links
easynowsufoblog.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

LiveForever8.....

Thanks for posting that interesting video.....I haven't considered this one for a while.

I look forward to an interesting discussion.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

LiveForever8.....

I believe there have been several previous older threads about this case wherein interesting information was presented & interesting discussion ensued.

If I get a few minutes free, I will see if I can find those older threads & link to those for you in case the content therein can add to your current discussion.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I did a little research on this, and my problem is that many of the reports claim that Tim Edwards recorded anywhere from 6 to 10 minutes of footage of this craft. The reports also state that the craft hovered around for a bit, then zoomed off.

Now, it seems to me that the most important part of this video - the part that nobody could argue with if they saw it - is of course missing. If Tim has video of this thing for 6 minutes, and it just zooms off at the end, where's the video of this thing zooming off?

If this were a real UFO, then he would have that footage, and that footage would be undeniable proof. As I see it, I call Hoax on Tim Edwards.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I agree that is some strange footage ... it reminds me of sunlight reflecting off a cable or wire .(while moving sideways)

could be a transparent wire... the bugs flying around are the same luminance as the ufo

[edit on 6-7-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSensible

did you read this report ?

He began to film it and then the battery light came on so he went inside and got another battery.

Between phone calls he filmed the object, managing to obtain only about 6 minutes of video during the roughly 1 hour sighting.

According to Edwards, he and his father, using binoculars, could clearly see a double row of square or rectangular red and then to light green lights moving left to right and then back again. The structure width in between was probably equal to 1/2 - 1 row of the lights. .... We were looking at a disc, circular in shape.. We lost sight of it more than once when it flew into the rays of the sun... it was approximately the width of the full moon....With binoculars the craft looked like a very large circular disc, cigar shaped and outside structure appeared to gyroscope around inner structure.

www.qtm.net...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
yep, i was up there ... and i found where in 1895, the same sighting was reported in the salida newspaper....how cool is that!!: or 1896, in salida
also a sheriff had the same sighting from his patrol car down 50 miles south from there

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

did you read this report ?

He began to film it and then the battery light came on so he went inside and got another battery.

Between phone calls he filmed the object, managing to obtain only about 6 minutes of video during the roughly 1 hour sighting.

According to Edwards, he and his father, using binoculars, could clearly see a double row of square or rectangular red and then to light green lights moving left to right and then back again. The structure width in between was probably equal to 1/2 - 1 row of the lights. .... We were looking at a disc, circular in shape.. We lost sight of it more than once when it flew into the rays of the sun... it was approximately the width of the full moon....With binoculars the craft looked like a very large circular disc, cigar shaped and outside structure appeared to gyroscope around inner structure.

www.qtm.net...

I would say that that's 10x more suspicious than my original idea of events. One hour is a long time for a UFO to be lounging around in the sky. So to summarize, this UFO is in the sky for 60 minutes, he has footage of six minutes, and on the internet I can only seem to find about 1 minute of actual footage. That means that 98% of the time that this thing is in the air, we have no record of it. And 90% of it was unrecorded period.

So, in all this time, Tim is just leisurely calling up friends and family "Oh you know... just drinking some coffee... UFO outside... how are the kids?"

And, of all these numerous other witnesses, no one else owned a video camera? '95 was like the age of CamCorders. Okay, maybe not, but still. You'd think someone else would've atleast snapped up some polaroids.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Oh and one more thing, regarding the article link:

According to Mr. Edwards the last 5 seconds of his video was missing from my copy because he had actually sent me a copy of a copy that lacked the last 5 seconds. As I understand it, he sent the original elsewhere and was given a copy to use for making further copies (a copy master). He was surprised to find that the last 5 seconds, which he says were the clearest, are missing from his copy.

Again, how wonderfully (in)convenient.

And, why did he wait til AFTER it was gone to call the media? I can promise you that if a UFO was hovering around in the sky for like an hour, I would call the News at least once during that time.

This just reeks of hoax

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

And, why did he wait til AFTER it was gone to call the media? I can promise you that if a UFO was hovering around in the sky for like an hour, I would call the News at least once during that time.

what media ? there are no Tv stations there and only one small newspaper

en.wikipedia.org...
www.mondotimes.com...

he called his friends and family and that seems sensible to me

[edit on 6-7-2010 by easynow]

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSensible

Tim was a UFO nut,always taking pictures into the sun.The story just doesn't add up,too many holes in the story.Why didn't he call the media,get some high powered optics on it,the guys working on the roof seem uninterested,what about the plane? It just doesn't add up.one camera and 6 minutes,again where are the video's of it leaving,it is not moving around the sky as tim suggest's.Lastly,the object is zoomed,it does not or could not look like it does.I'm not convinced,too many questions have not been answered.His grandfather never came forward with any followup and the daughter was 6,how could she have noticed a tiny dot in the sky?she most likely was repeating what she heard her dad say.Sadly Tim is no longer with us,so we may never know what really happened that day..If it was a unusual craft in the sky that day,then again as always,another missed opportunity to finally answer that question,are some people really seeing objects in the sky that we can't explain?

new topics

top topics

join