It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This gave me a jolt when I first saw it last night on T.V.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I was watching T.V. last night and this ad for React gum came on. At first I didn't know what the ad was for. I thought it was going to be a protest ad against B.P. It seems to show the b.p. emblem ( sort of ) and then oil coated animals. It really freaked me out when I found out it was a gum ad. What are your thoughts on this. Apparently it was made before the oil spill.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I saw it.
It didn't really make any connections with me, but I see what you mean.

I thought the commercial was cool actually.
That gum isn't anything special though haha

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Looks like someone paid an extensive amount of money for an advertisement for gum who the actors didn't even taste in the commercial. What ever happened to the little kid from a bubble gum commercial; who would chew bubble gum and really enjoy it?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I am really surprised with the amount of production involved with these commercials. Does anyone have any dirt on this gum?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Looks like a commercial for '___' to me, as do all their commercials.

I think their gum sucks.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander the Great

Maybe it was partly the fact of these people in chairs with electrodes on their heads. Just a lot of disturbing imagery, I guess.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It's a play off the Rorschach test in which examines a person's perception of various inkblots. Basically, the floating "oil" was supposed to be "ink" and each of the three test subjects saw something different.

If it hadn't been for the BP disaster, I wonder if anyone would have thought it was oil.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust
[mor

I think if not for the BP diaster I still would have thought it to be oil due to the thickness. Does anyone know when this ad was made? I can't imagine what this ad must have costs - bet the kids are chewin it like its goin out of style.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Good post ..

I saw this ad recently and I just thought, OMG oil covered animals and plants," they're" seriously extracting the urine big style, but then us "sheeple" are just dumb .... it's just a gum commercial after all !!

Satellite1

[edit on 5-7-2010 by satellite1]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This may be a tad bit off topic but what really REALLY pisses me off is how there are people/families here in the USA who are; unemployed, homeless and starving and yet Hollywood and corporate America can make mega-buck commercials for....................GUM!
Do they at ALL donate to a soup kitchen or a local YMCA?
What is wrong with this country/world???

TV (along with money) is truly the root of all evil!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
just an anecdote:

who names a gum five?

[edit on 7/5/10 by CSquared288]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
this is like the 23 syndrom..If you look long enough you will find it.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I can vouch this came out before the oil spill - it was launched months ago on facebook as far as I know - I got something, watch the ad, get the gum free. I saw it then, and they did send the free gum, which I liked but can't tell you what the flavor really IS, but it's ok.

I thought it was oil back then. The whole ad campaign was along the lines of 'the mystery flavor' of the gum. I think that's why it had the UFO feel (the flash advertisement had even more of a sci-fi/ufo feel than this ad did as it was a bit longer with the intro and all....

I think the idea was to associate the gum with the popularity of 'unknown mysteries", mind expansion, and all that sci-fi stuff.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I am pretty sure when I say that I FIRST saw this commercial several months ago - before the Gulf Oil Leak started.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Champagne

Yeah, if you read the op you will see, I believe I alluded to that fact. "Apparently it was made before the oil spill."

join