It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the US drop tactical nuclear weapons on Iraq/Afghanistan – You bet!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I am not sure how true any of this is but it is a facinating read. If proven to be true then it makes a joke of the worlds efforts to limit nuclear weapons.

www.paltelegraph.com...:did-the-us-drop-tactical-nuclear-weapons-on-iraqafghanistan-you-bet&cati d=103:peter-eyre&Itemid=123

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man
I am not sure how true any of this is but it is a facinating read. If proven to be true then it makes a joke of the worlds efforts to limit nuclear weapons.

www.paltelegraph.com...:did-the-us-drop-tactical-nuclear-weapons-on-iraqafghanistan-you-bet&cati d=103:peter-eyre&Itemid=123

I`m getting an Internal Server Error notice on your link.

"If proven to be true" ......... why have you put "you bet ! " at the end of your question, if the claim has not been substantiated ?

A little effort here gem_man please .....

[edit on 5-7-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

Originally posted by gem_man

I`m getting an Internal Server Error notice on your link.

"If proven to be true" ......... why have you put "you bet ! " at the end of your question, if the claim has not been substantiated ?

At little effort here gem_man please .....

"You Bet!" isn't a question, it's just like saying "Yep!!" It's a phrase, not to be confused with an actual question......

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

His/her sentence begun with the word "Did"

A question .

"Did the US drop tactical nuclear weapons on Iraq/Afghanistan - You bet !"

With the affirmation "You Bet !" ..... tacked on to the end.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Depelted uranium is a stretch but if he wants to call it a WMD then so be it. I wouldnt call it a tactical nuke but thats just me and im not trying to get folks to read my article.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I didn't go to link, because I already know.....depleted uranium. That is not a NUKE!!! Not even related, not even close, not even in the same scientific field.

Depleted Uranium is an extremely dense metal. It is a good armor piercing anti-tank round. It has no explosive potential except for that conventionaly explosiveness contained within the shell.

Sure, it does harbor some radioactiity, but anybody on the receiving end of one of those shells will not be around to enjoy it.

As for the OP's title and subsequent back pedalling I say

You don't aske a question, then answer it affirmatively with "you bet." And then state "I'm not sure." If you're not sure, then why put "you bet." ????

Poor article, poor science, poor title choice, poor thread.

new topics

top topics

join