It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian passenger jets 'refused fuel'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Iranian passenger jets 'refused fuel'

news.bbc.co.uk

Iran says that Britain, Germany and the United Arab Emirates are refusing to provide fuel to Iranian passenger planes.

The move, which has not been confirmed, follows unilateral sanctions imposed by the US, the Isna news agency reported.

Iran is facing tougher sanctions designed to impede the development of its nuclear programme.

Tehran says its nuclear industry is for peaceful purposes but Western powers fear it is trying to develop a bomb.

"Since last week, our planes have been refused fuel at airports in Britain, Germany and UAE because of the sanctions imposed by America," Me
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This is now getting serious, I have never heard of anything like this ever.

I really don't know what to say, this sort of action is harmful to the supply companies in the host countries as well as the Iranian economy. A case of cut off nose to spite face??

Is this a way of unofficially closing airspace to Iranian commercial flights?? Why do it this way? why not just say our airspace is closed to Iran??

Can anyone else shed any light on this strategy cause I can't see the light here!!??

Korg.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

This tactic has been used ever since war was invented for thousands of years... cut off supply lines. Except in this case, it is a punishment with the intention of getting Iran to comply with U.S. wishes. It is not just airline fuel they are sanctioning but it is a unilateral sanction. Yes, there are ramifications on both sides, but this tactic is used in hopes that the negatives on Iran's side outweigh the negatives on the other countries' side.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This is going to cut international flights by like 90%....

Ouch.

Airline stock holders in Iran will be some pissed at their Gov't.. or UN.

Hmm...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

This would be called peaceful war.

This is how real war happens in the world. Not like Iraq.

I actually like Obama if this is his way at war. It's not just hit something with a stick. it's "this is what happens bub. Stop what you're doing or it will get worst"

FYI, this shows that we do not want war, despite the paranoia here that the US actually wants a war with Iran.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Iran may not be trying to make a nuke but if they keep getting pushed like this they may do just that. Things are getting way out of hand. This could end up starting a war. Wars have been starrted for a lot less.

link   
SORRY. Double post

[edit on 7/5/2010 by fixer1967]

link   
This is ridiculous, let the planes gas up and take the passengers whereever they need to be, freaking idiocy...imagine something like that happening in the states or if a US plane landed over their and we didnt gas them up....they are being held as hostages....give them gas otherwise they are hostages..

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

One nuke in war ain't worth crap. And Iran has no means to start a war and survive one.

They have to stop being dumb and start accepting the fact that it is not the 7th century. Their people have, why can't their government?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

One nuke may be all you need if you use it right. And remember Japan went into WW2 knowing they could not win but did that stop them?
Remember these people don't worry much about the survival part. As for reactor fuel they could buy it cheaper than they could make it if someone would sell it to them. Reactor fuel is useless for a bomb. I am just saying this is by no means the end of it. Being a bully and pushing people around works fine on the school play ground but not so well in the real world.
Every one on all sides needs to take a step back and try something different or we all will be sorry.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Excuse me, but a war on Iran by Israel, US, Germany, Brittain, France and whatever cultureless society will be a suicidal move at best. An attack on Iran means revolution in many countries.

Besides, do you have any idea how this world turns? There are more powers at work here than just the governments and secret agencies.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

No. One nuke is not all you need. You need ICBM technology, sub stealth technology (don't even think about using a missile, that's auto-fail), you also need the necessary intel as to where to attack, when too. And a host of other resources.

All of which Iran lacks. If Iran tried anything else, they would be destroyed.

Excuse me what? The world turns pretty simply. America and China are the world super powers, with Russia tagging along for the ride. The three have no interest in war with each other because all three would not survive a war with each other.

Iran specifically insulted the P5+1 nations. That would be every nation with the capacity to start a WW3.

In addition to that, war in Iran would not do anything. A war with Iran would last a week, maybe two if we're lucky. It would be over before it began.

Occupation maybe is what you are thinking about. And seeing as there is no benefit in occupation, they would not occupy.

Any war with Iran would be like the first gulf war. We would enter, shoot a bunch of guys, force a surrender, and leave. And the government would be reminded why it should stop being retarded.

In addition to that the Sunni Shiite disagreement would make it highly unlikely for any revolts. Not to mention any revolts would have no purpose, seeing as most of the middle east wont do anything because the US is currently upgrading in army and would be more than happy to by some of our outdated technology which, for them, is more advanced than their current ones.

This is nothing more than a replay of the early 90s. That's what happened then, it's what might happen again. Take a look at most of the military hardware of our middle east allies. It's either 1970s soviet technology, or 1989 American technology.

So yea, learn how the world turns.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
When I read the post, I found it disturbing, the idea that Iranian passenger jets were being denied fuel in foreign nations allied with the USA.

After reading the news article though, I am not sure its on the up-and-up.

The only person making the claim is Iran. They claim they have been denied fuel for a week. The host nation airports and nations deny the claim. If the accusation were true, wouldn't there be dozens or at the absolute least 3 passenger jets stuck in those nations and its passengers and crew stuck in the airports or forced to get other flights (At least eventually?)

Both of those should be verifiable and visual evidence to support the Iranian claim. Most airports wouldn't want to house a plane or leave it in a terminal taking up space for free.

If this were verifiable, I would say shame on the nations involved, but as I am a firm believer in the nefarious nature of the government and religious leadership of Iran, I think they are trying to create a situation or gain sympathy falsely.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I think you are overthinking this. I think that if a nuke is ever used on the US it will not need ICBM technology, sub stealth technology or a missle. I think it will be driven right up to the front door of the target. The mother of all car bombs. And like I said before these people are suicidal so win or lose it is all the same to them.

Like I once heard a long time ago
"The man who underestimates his enemy has already lost"

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Sure they can use a car bomb with a nuke, assuming the weight of the thing doesn't break the car, sure.

If you are going to use a car bomb nuke, there is only 2 types out there. Either suitcase nukes, or recycled soviet missile head nukes. Suit case nukes are already in the country. This is a known fact. Dropped off in the cold war, their location shave long since been lost, but they are there. No one knows where though.

That, however, is not a big bomb. It can blow up maybe a block. That's about it.

The recycled missile head variety is one which is quite difficult, considering you'd first have to get it to America. Good luck using a truck, the only thing that can get it up. That's near impossible not being caught. You can try sea porting it, but that also is pretty difficult. Assuming you find a way into the country, you run into the next problem. it's virtually impossible to do this without the US knowing. The amount of black market you have to go through, and US tip off men too, is a pretty damn near impossible. So you are going to get tracked once you have this missile. So really, the only thing stopping you is time.

Considering that every terrorist plot was planned over a decade or half before it is done, it's pretty inconceivable.

Basically, the fact that it has not happened yet it proof enough. That's the short end of the stick.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Some people are complaining that Iranian Aircraft cannot / won't be refuelled in certain countries when they land etc.

But taking a step backwards and looking at the situation sensibly, Iran has ignored, what, four sets of UN Sanctions now! They have basically told Obama to sod off with the latest round of what I call "silly paperwork".

This can only get worse over time and if the UN keeps putting more sanctions on them, something will spark off some kind of war over there, it's human nature.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

The recycled missile head variety is one which is quite difficult, considering you'd first have to get it to America. Good luck using a truck, the only thing that can get it up. That's near impossible not being caught.

I must respectfully disagree with your assertion that its 'near impossible' to get a truck up here from Mexico big enough to hold a bomb.

This happens on a daily basis. Semi-trucks full of weed and coke come through there and up to San Antonio and Houston. They don't stop for scales, and I am not sure but I am convinced, there is at least one checkpoint that is on the take.

It cannot be disputed. I could even give you the routes they take, what kind of trucks they drive.

Anything could be on those trucks. The only thing that I am CERTAIN of, is those trucks carry thousands of pounds of weed, and it is done quite regularly.

Bringing a Nuke wouldn't be too much trouble.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

Thank up very much for the help. I just gave up trying to make my point.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

No problem, just happened to read something I actually know something about!

Not to often I can say that, but it's not uncommon for semi's to come up hauling god knows what.

The drivers only know what they are told.

edit for clarification;

Just wanted to clarify, the trucks are not driven over the border. The 'Product' is dumped in to the river, then pulled out the other side.

If you go down to certain little towns by the border, you will notice a proliferation of a certain Chevy model (Z-71's).

They get 5 or 6 of them, attach chains from the river, and literally HAUL it up the river bank.

Then its loaded on to a flat bed(yeah, flat bed - no walls) inside of pallets of landscape bricks.

Only one checkpoint, a small one. And your in America free and clear.

Driver has 2 invoices for the brick, one for a San Antonio company, the other for Houston.

Anything can be carried over. Down there, money talks.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by ErEhWoN]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
here we go, the war is right around the corner. Is everyone ready for the draft.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join