It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kurt Cobain is still alive conspiracy theory..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by fanthorpe
reply to post by thewheelturns

I was replying to the gentleman who said they were all pics of Rivers.

Oh, Ooops.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Well, as impossible as it may seem. This thread is more likely to be reality than the one about TuPac.

Take a look and enjoy this ATS thread.
TuPac and the "Special Police of the Lord"

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

No problem, I thought it was ironic how he was thought they were the same guy.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Weezer started in 1992. Cobain was still alive. Was he in 2 bands at the same time?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I really had no idea what these two people looked like, though I was aware of their music. I looked up some pictures of them and I'm not seeing a huge resemblance.

The guy from Nirvana has a rather prominent cleft in his chin.

I suppose you could say that he had it altered surgically, but you could say that about anyone. Heck, I could say that Kurt Kobain was Elvis after extensive plastic surgery.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
Weezer started in 1992. Cobain was still alive. Was he in 2 bands at the same time?

I am thinking hard about your question, and the conclusion I come to is no, he was not in 2 bands at the same time. Unless theoretically you say that one of them is a clone,(which I am not myself saying, I don't think either of them are clones). If I cloned myself and altered one of the clones to be really cool, it would still be me with altercations, yes they could exist in the same time and you could call it being in 2 bands at once, but I think that is taking your question too far and a simple no, may have sufficed instead.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by fanthorpe

Originally posted by solomons path

Originally posted by thewheelturns
Anyone interested please look at these couple of pictures.

img4.ifilmpro.com...

www.topdownloads.net...

thebosh.com...

img.youtube.com...

www.mtv.com...

The problem is that your images are not comparing anything, they're just pics of Cuomo.

Photo comparison doesn't even have to be done . . . it's obvious when looking at pics of them side-by-side that their nose, eyes, and chin areas are shaped completely different. I don't have photoshop on this computer, but if this thread is still kicking when I decide to stop loungin' by the pool . . . I will put the photos side by side to show (unless someone else beats me to it . . . ) IMO, there isn't enough "evidence" to even take away from swim time with the kids to do it though. Poppycock!

Err correct me if I'm am wrong but aren't there pictures of Kurt from the In Bloom video?

Funny how you thought they were the same man.

I'll agree, I don't believe Rivers is Kurt, but just denying ignorance all the same!

I'll admit . . . I only opened a couple and they were both Rivers Cuomo. I was expecting to see side by side comparisons or one of those morph jobs . . . My bad for not opening all . . . thanks for illuminating my ignorance.

EDIT - I didn't open the three images from the in-bloom video, so I wasn't confused . . . just typing before vetting all info. ignorant? sure.

[edit on 7/5/10 by solomons path]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

BlueStar
Happy Holly Days

Icon 01 posted 11 November, 2003 06:06 AM Profile for BlueStar Send new private message Edit/Delete post Reply with quote

quote:Sometime in October 1998 the band Weezer played an underground show under the name Goat Punishment.This show consisted of mostly Nirvana "covers" the similarities in The vocals are shocking.The guitar riffs and tone are not so close however.But this is obviously due to the fact that "Kurt" wrote these songs left handed and when performing as Rivers had to make the adjustments to a standard right handed guitar. Below are Mp3s of this very show so you can listen and judge for yourself.

And so the fact that kurt was left handed, and rivers is right handed goes from discounting the theory, to backing it because it explains why when the band did covers the guitars are different. Posts: 1710 | From: Newcastle, UK | Registered: Aug 2002 | IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MisterGrey
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 01 posted 11 November, 2003 10:24 AM Profile for MisterGrey Send new private message Edit/Delete post Reply with quote *SIGH* How many times must I tell people?

Kurt Cobain is DEAD. He was murdered at the bequest of Tupac Shakur and Eminem (then Marshall Mathers) in an attempt to draw people away from the grunge movement, thereby opening the doors for white rap and getting people back into gangsta rap. The triggerman, it has been proven, was P-Diddy, then going by the name of "Smack Daddy Combs," hired by Shakur at the behest of Jennifer Lopez.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thewheelturns

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

I am thinking hard about your question, and the conclusion I come to is no, he was not in 2 bands at the same time. Unless theoretically you say that one of them is a clone,(which I am not myself saying, I don't think either of them are clones). If I cloned myself and altered one of the clones to be really cool, it would still be me with altercations, yes they could exist in the same time and you could call it being in 2 bands at once, but I think that is taking your question too far and a simple no, may have sufficed instead.

Could you kindly explain how your theory still holds any water if Weezer started a full 2 years prior to Cobains death thereby negating the possibility of this scenario bearing any semblance of reality, because you glossed right over that. Cuomo was also in bands prior to Weezer going back to before Nirvana released Bleach. How was Rivers Cuomo playing shows in Connecticut while Cobain was wandering around in a depressed stupor thru the logging towns of Washington state? For any of this to be remotely true then Cobain or Cuomo would have had to come up with this insane plan while they were still teenagers living on opposite sides of the country and before either had any sort of pseudo celebrity about them.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Could you kindly explain how your theory still holds any water if Weezer started a full 2 years prior to Cobains death thereby negating the possibility of this scenario bearing any semblance of reality, because you glossed right over that. Cuomo was also in bands prior to Weezer going back to before Nirvana released Bleach. How was Rivers Cuomo playing shows in Connecticut while Cobain was wandering around in a depressed stupor thru the logging towns of Washington state? For any of this to be remotely true then Cobain or Cuomo would have had to come up with this insane plan while they were still teenagers living on opposite sides of the country and before either had any sort of pseudo celebrity about them.

They were both playing shows because they were both just musicians playing their music.. Cuomo did not become Kurt, until Kurt died. But Cuomo always existed as a musician prior to this, once again knowing or not knowing his future. When you are in the music bus you have probably been chosen to be there. The music will make a lot of money. I do not think Rivers and Cobain had to be in cahoots from the beginning, but it is possible. I don't have much information on this particular matter, but if I did I would provide it. I dont want to say too much because, All I know for sure 100% is the idea of soul transplanting is not science fiction and has been done in hollywood many times. And that all the facts that I see lead to me and the others being right that Rivers is Kurt.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster

Don't let your lack of knowledge be a detriment to others who don't suffer the same affliction.

From "Rivers Edge: The Weezer Story"

"It's such a complicated story, way too complex to write a song about. I should never have done it. I was really afraid of alcohol at the time. I didn't drink till I was 21, not even a sip. I was petrified of alcohol. "Say it ain't So" was about when I was 16. I opened up the refrigerator and I saw a can of beer. All of a sudden I made the connection that my step-father was leaving...because my father started drinking when he left my mother."

I don't believe Kurt Cobain wanted to die, and I think for anyone to say he did, or even didn't is kind of baseless considering noone can know what went on inside his head but himself.

That being said, I think if you look at the facts of the case, and ignore the "suicidal junkie" propaganda you can see the inconsistencies. I'm not denying he had a drug problem. But he was no more of a "suicidal junkie" than many of us are "loony conspiracy theorists".

Except for the fact that he was a junkie that committed suicide. He was a heroin user, I promise he thought of himself as a Junkie, it won't hurt his feelings.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
If he loved Courtney he would not let her leave the house when she is high and makes herself look ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Unless I personally killed the man, Kurt could *technically* still be alive. However, I just don't see it as very plausible or likely.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by solomons path

Bullocks to this theory.

"Bullocks"? Bullocks!!??!

You need to practice your British slang, my good man! (pst... replace a O instead of the U but beware, it is a swear word, not a very bad one, about the same level as s*it).

To be on topic though, I agree with you, this is a ridiculous theory (although most conspiracy theories are, to be fair)!
Suggesting that he survived not by faking his death but by his soul entering another man just makes it that more silly! I mean, if it was true, Cobain must be one of the most horrible souls in the World for him to kick out someone else's soul, so he can have the body. What happens to the guy's soul? Poor sod!

Unfortunately, all the people who "joined that stupid club", as Cobain's auntie called the group of musicians who died at 27, are really dead.

Finally, the person who said it was "unfortunate" that McCartney isn't really dead hasn't got a clue! Macca is one of the best composer of all time! He has made some of the best pop and rock songs ever, is a fantastic bassist, great singer and is the reason for all your favourite post 70's bands! On top of that, he's just a really nice, down to Earth and genuine guy!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
"Yes the song say it aint so may very well mean that. But songs mean different things to different people, even though they may have one true meaning. I would not believe that is what the song is about unless I heard it from his mouth, even then I would suspect he is lying to cover up the whole scenario."

-no matter what the facts are you will choose to believe what makes sense to you..
------------------------------------------------------------
"So the song is about alcohol, I was wrong about that but it doesn't change what it means to me. "

- proof of my above comment
"Oh and in regards to their playing style being different etc, that is normal"

- you dont even know the process how could you possibly know what is normal
"I cannot control what I wish to speak about, but there are some things that I will never say or never could say or speak about. This is not one of them. I love Kurt and Love Nirvana"

- spoken like a true fan who is going through a hard time dealing with the fact one of thier idols is gone.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

im sorry i do not mean to offend you or be percieved as malicious but this really does remind me of when i was 18 and lost a close friend in a tragic car accident and for years afterword still had it stuck in the back of my head he was whisked away in some sort of "witness protection program". even after being a pall bearer.the mind is a very powerful thing and sometimes it will do things like this to protect you from emotions you are not ready to deal with. much love and respect,

~meathead

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I really loved Nirvana. Anything but "smells like teen spirit". Kurt Cobain was lefthanded, like me. He died on my birthday, April 5th. Sorry he's as good as dead, no conspiracy here.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
this thread is beyond stupid.

how is it that this isn't even skunkworks yet?

this just proves that ATS is going downhill and the mods arent worth a damn.

off to start a River Phoenix isnt dead thread....

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by Carseller4

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by Carseller4

It's 2pac or Tupac. That was a good try though.

Quite intentional, and I got the exact response I was hoping for.

Riiiight...the famous, "I meant to do that". Why didn't you say Alvis or Jaxson than???

It's ok....you don't have to know who Tupac was...you can still be cool.

I don't think Cobain is Rivers Cuomo...mostly because Rivers has history before 1994 and they sound nothing alike.

Who are these Alvis and Jaxson characters? Are they British comedians?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It was reported that he rolled up in a Winnebago and performed LIVE under the assumed name of RumbleNut at the Faternal Order of Groundhogs in Daleville, Alabama!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Yeah, has anyone read Cobain's suicide note? Literally the entire second half of the letter was found to be in Courtney Love's handwriting.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join