It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

108 Year Old Rabbi Predicts Arrival of Messiah

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
What a bunch of ballony. Some old guy with only a few brain cells firing leaves a note for everyone. Then makes them wait a year, to find out a name, which has already come & gone over 2,000 years ago.

It never ceases to amaze me how these fundy religious folks lust after the end of the world. Instead folks should be fixing the world we live in now. Not waiting for aliens to come down in space ships and take them away from the world cause there rightous among the heathen.

People create there own existence, thoughts become ideas, ideas become a reality. We as Humans are the creators and destroyers of our own existence. We don't need to be looking for some moldy babylonian creature, returning after Aeons. To save the world with super technology, and a wave of the hand.

..a bright light in the sky appears over jersalem Dome of the rock, and from it appears a beam of multi-colored light. When the light fades a figure in white robes and a lizard head is standing there. The IDF responds and tries to arrest the alien. The crowds surge forward. The creature in white robes moves a finger and all the IDF forces are frozen in place. The crowd is mesmerized. The alien creature speaks in all launguages and its picked up on CNN world. Then the massive crowd falls down on there knees and praises the MESSIAH come to save them from the evil which infests the world.....

In a secret room somewhere on the planet a group of shadow masters, chuckle evily to themselves for the plan is going along just as they want it to. The SHEEPLE are now under there full control. The worlds population is there slaves forever. The Grand Plan continues unabated...

Like I said what a bunch of ballony....

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sator

Well... at least for me, the key words here are "after the death of Ariel Sharon".

Even if the Messiah doesn't come I'd like to see that part fulfilled.

Peace

So somebody is keeping him alive via a coma to stop the messiah from coming ?

hmmm

I have an open mind so this could work i guess.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
He is wrong if he is predicting the arrival.

I am NOT a believer but for those who do does it not say no man shall shall know the time??

Either you believe or you don't and if you do then you must believe no man can predict the date

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Jesus Christ has always been the Messiah.

God made flesh. The Jews are prophesied to return to Christ in the tribulation.

He is coming soon.

"Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee."

From God to Jesus, Revelation 3:9.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I read the book of revelations last week during my first trip to the US (I was making the most of the motel freebies)

Just wondering how are you supposed to know that that dialogue is between God and Jesus, I found the whole thing quite disorientated and trippy...?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I disagree and I say that the Messiah is Elvis, and will return as mentioned in my previous post. There is no evidence for your character, but LOTS of evidence for MY Messiah!! Besides God would find more to admire on the work of Elvis than Jesus any day.

Case closed, Elvis is the messiah.

Plus my 110 year old pastor told me so.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
He is wrong if he is predicting the arrival.

Purely arbitrary opinion. If he is a prophet of God then it would come to pass. The Lord commanded Jews in ancient times that if a man came and claimed to be a prophet he had to be correct 100% of the time. If in error once the "prophet" was to be taken outside the city gates and stoned to death. Basically, God is still the undisputed champion of flawless prophetic words.

"Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:" ~ Isaiah 46:10

"Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand." ~ Revelation 1:3

I am NOT a believer but for those who do does it not say no man shall shall know the time??

It says no man will know "the day or hour." And it's talking of Christ's return.

Either you believe or you don't and if you do then you must believe no man can predict the date

Sure, the exact day. But the prophecies about the "season" the end will come in are plentiful.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by benjoepen

I read the book of revelations last week during my first trip to the US (I was making the most of the motel freebies)

Just wondering how are you supposed to know that that dialogue is between God and Jesus, I found the whole thing quite disorientated and trippy...?
Get a "Red Letter" Bible, Jesus's words are in red.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baloney

I disagree and I say that the Messiah is Elvis, and will return as mentioned in my previous post. There is no evidence for your character, but LOTS of evidence for MY Messiah!! Besides God would find more to admire on the work of Elvis than Jesus any day.

Case closed, Elvis is the messiah.

Plus my 110 year old pastor told me so.
Should I even dignify your absurdities?

Even Christ's enemies the Jews said he did the miracles, they just attributed to power to "magic".

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I met Christ the other day and he let me take a picture!
Cheesy editing of the image I know, but it's still funny. He came walking through a friends yard after they lit a smoke bomb, preplanned of course, but it was hilarious!!!! All of us adults enjoyed the show, but the kids were yelling for Harry Potter

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aa0c90430f72.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 5-7-2010 by ForestForager]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Well He better get here before every living soul in the Sea is dead.

And to be honest not one site i visited on the entire W>E>B, could i get a confirmation that Ariel Sharon is officially dead.

Thats 3 whole years as a vegetable,, common, make a decision already!
Alive/Dead ????Yes/No????

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
the old fella hasn't had a solid bowel movement since he Nixon administration.

likely thinks his bedside lamp is the messiah.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Riiiight

Ok, so after his death?. So that could be anywhere from an hour to a
Infinity and beyond then.

But it that really a prediction?

And like WOW, only 108 and he knew he knew he was going to Die!!
A true Visionary.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Just one question for the thread. It says that Elijah the prophet comes first to restore all things.

Malachi 4.
5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

Malachi 3
1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the LORD, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.

They are so worried about the Messiah they seem to forget that Elijah comes first.

So do you think that this time when he appears will he be a supernatural being of some type? Or just a normal person?

And BTW the job of messiah in the end time is a two man job.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by ntech]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Bonus Explainer: What was Jesus' last name? It wasn't Christ. Contemporaries would have called him Yeshua Bar Yehosef or Yeshua Nasraya. (That's "Jesus, son of Joseph" or "Jesus of Nazareth.") Galileans distinguished themselves from others with the same first name by adding either "son of" and their father's name, or their birthplace. People who knew Jesus would not have called him Christ, which is the translation of a Greek word meaning "anointed one"
[edit on 5-7-2010 by lapi7]

Yes, but in Hebrew he would have been called to the Torah as "Yehoshua Ben Yehosef". Unless that's just an Ashkenazi Jewish form?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by darkelf

Jesus Christ has always been the Messiah.

God made flesh. The Jews are prophesied to return to Christ in the tribulation.

He is coming soon.
[edit on 5-7-2010 by NOTurTypical]

Since Jesus was Jewish, that means everyone who is not Jewish (aka: Gentile) will need to convert mighty quickly.

Oh yeah! And he was a Sephardic Jew, which means his lineage is from Africa. Are you ready for a black, Jewish man as your spiritual leader and Messiah?

[edit on 7/6/2010 by Nivcharah]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ApacheChief

thats funny- sounds like somethin my peepaw would have said

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Nivcharah

If then David calls him 'Lord,' how can he be his son?-Matt22.45

No, a man is a Jew if he is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a man's praise is not from men, but from God.-Rom2.29

As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies on your account;as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs-Rom11.28

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty
reply to post by darkelf

But the real question is "How long after his death?" could be 1,000 years and he would still be right as long as it happens after his death and not before it.

Naw, the video said "Shortly after his death" so I don't think it will be 1000 years. I don't believe in a man called jesus anyway. Constantine made up the name jesus out of 2 other gods of that time in history and forced it on the world. There was/is a God called Yahweh but I don't know if he is the #1 God or not. I don't believe you can put a name on our Creator.....

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM

Originally posted by DOADOA
so what was the messiahs name?

second

Apparently it's Jesus (Or Yeshua) - the video was better than I was expecting, worth a watch.

Wouldn't it be funny if it was Jesus Rodriquez or something? Even funnier if he complained about being detained at the border. Boy, would our faces be red!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join