It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

108 Year Old Rabbi Predicts Arrival of Messiah

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Prior to Ariel Sharon's stroke, a group of Orthodox rabbis placed a "death curse" on Sharon in retaliation for Sharon's advocacy of withdrawing from certain parts of Israel still deemed to be part of the Promised Land. They placed a similar curse on Yitzhak Rabin for the same allegation -- Rabin was murdered shortly thereafter.

From the Jerusalem Post:

"Rabbi Yosef Dayan from Psagot, known for his recent threats to place a death curse on Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, is said to be a leading candidate to become the "king of Israel."

"Dayan has the best lineage to King David," several members of the Sanhedrin told The Jerusalem Post. They say he has two documented ancient sources which draw a direct line between him and the males in his family to King David some 3,000 years ago.

"Many people can show they are descendants of King David, but they cannot show that the line is only male," one Sanhedrin member explained. "That makes Dayan the leading candidate to become king."

The Monarchists have consulted with non-Jewish experts on lineage. They concurred that, without a doubt, Dayan is a direct descendant of the House of David."

According to Wikipedia:

en.wikipedia.org...

Also, keep in mind, the Orthodox demographic is poised to explode over the next 20 years. Many of the Orthodox couples have 8-10 kids or more. They will soon overtake secular Jewish culture based on birth rate alone.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Is the guy from the movie Legion, with the trench coat, going to show up and try to keep Ariel Sharon alive for as long as possible? Possibly, while a wave of possessed people come and try to kill her?

This guy has simply put a target on Ariel's head... Now people who are "doomsayerS" will be dying to get a shot at this Ariel... =/

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by navione

Originally posted by navione
reply to post by darkelf

I not sure what you and jby ment about Sharon and the head wound...would you mind filling me in..

Is this a biblical prophecy..the messiah...has a whole in his head and a gimp arm..

Not making lite..just never heard about this before..thanks

I could be wrong, but I thought jby was making a reference to the anti-christ who makes a miraculous recovery from a head wound. He is prophesied in the Old Testament as having a damaged eye and arm so that both are useless.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Even if you don't believe another mans' religion, you should respect his beliefs and religion. Mocking religion is not what a man with honor and respect does.

No matter how much you believe in your religion, someone will have a stronger belief than you do, and is willing to demonstrate that to you. Just sayin'.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Yeah this story has all the drama of a Hollywood production. An ancient Rabbi who, after he dies, relays to the world the name of the Messiah on a piece of paper that was in a sealed envelope! It just so happens that what he wrote is contingent upon another nefarious character's, Ariel Sharon's, death. Oh my!

Let me ask a simple question. With the power and authority that God has, do we really believe He would reveal a super secret to a half dead Rabbi at one hundred and eight years old that has something to do with another person's death? Do you mean what you say and say what you mean? What in the world are we to glean from this prophetic message and why? Please...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

My bottle runneth over...
Ps 56:8
Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?

Good post.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
well the envelop was opened, so what did it say?

Are we still waiting?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
There is one major flaw with this, that I noticed right away.

Jesus now goes by the name Sananda, not Jesus the Christ.

Jesus never wanted us to worship HIM. He was just a man. A rabbi (teacher) here to teach all of us how to do all the things he was doing. Unfortunately, people are lazy and chose to admire & envy his abilities instead of learning the ways he was teaching his brothers & sisters through God.

We need to stop seeking out The One who will lead us all to peace and start creating peace in this world because we ARE one.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I am the messiah .... !!!

yes, this is for real folks

since I am the messiah, stop flagging this thread, let me alone!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I wouldn't trust any 108 year olds ideas of who the messiah is..
Cause usually it's a sock.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Blossom Goodchild's July 4th channelling says that aliens are REALLY REALLY coming this time!!!

a group of souls on your planet earth … a large group … may together … make up … one Star Being.

and they are us and we are them!!

the visitors that are to come … them meeting up with the next Higher aspect of themselves, so that many ‘starkind’ who were of a soul group , then became ONE Higher Being …and so on and so on . If you take this into account, perhaps it helps you to understand the concept of BEING ONE.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ApacheChief
I chuckled a little at the video; can you imagine all those who were with the rabbi in his life, waiting the year with bated breath, opening the letter then going 'Well sh-'

Indeed.

Are we the only ones seeing the irony in this? A 108 yr old rabbi on his death bed prophetically announces that the coming Messiah is Jesus. This is so incredibly bizarre.

Best thread I've seen since I've been a member ...wish there was a crapper filter though.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by csimon]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The prescience of thought regarding a Messiah is both right and wrong. The Jews have the tradition of a king-divinity that is to appear to lead Israel to her destiny in world affairs. Even Jesus was looked upon as that Messiah by the apostles. Although Jesus repeatedly told his followers he was not there to be a Messiah, the legend was so strong they anticipated that he was to return in that role if he was not to assume it this time. Not so then or now.

Sananda as one of our learned posters correctly points out is a frequent title used by the Creator Son (Jesus) to speak to many today. However, it is the practice of the spiritual leadership including the Creator Son, to use many titles with audiences to focus the message in cultural terms. Sananda is also the title used by the spiritual indwelling that speaks today. By that, reference the Biblical story of the baptism and the reported appearance of a brilliant light above Jesus’ head as seen by Jesus and John the Baptist. They all heard the words then spoken, “This is my Son in whom I am well pleased.” That indwelling also uses the name Sananda on some occasions to speak to students.

Regarding the prophecy by the aged Rabbi, I would like to point out that the appearance of a divine Son is in the cards very soon and therefore the message is mentally available to the mind of those would pursue the religious life and philosophy. It is below the radar for people who have no interest in such matters.

I do not wish to be about prophecy concerning events of this nature. Rather it is not prophecy when the event has been announced. I will repeat only what has been told lately. A Paradise Son will incarnate very soon. His work is to coordinate the affairs of this planet for correction and place our cultures onto a course which will eliminate many of the social ills this world suffers. This will be done, according to the announcement, by establishing schools calling on the best and the brightest to attend. It will probably take a couple of centuries to accomplish that, but he has already said that many will call him the Messiah although he wishes not to be taken as such - at least in the Elamite traditions.

I take quite seriously what the Rabbi said. Joshua and other Hebraic/Aramaic variations of the name of Jesus would naturally be considered, but that is not the choice. One can not rule out some amazing events to be associated with the coming of the Paradise Son very soon, and above all, one can not tell just what the Creator Son will do to provide the people on this planet assurances that the coming incarnation is in his interest and has his complete support.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

You higher self maybe just the constellation that you are part of.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

you should probably re watch

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Not many people know that, while alive, Jesus was not actually called
"Jesus"

The Hebrew and Aramaic names Yehoshua. Yehoshua and Yeshua are actually translated into English as "Joshua" not "Jesus"
Even the Romanized translation didn't use the letter "J" until around 1769. So even in the 1611 King James Bible Jesus is refered to as "Iesus".

Reference this article: www.slate.com...

Many people shared the name. Christ's given name, commonly Romanized as Yeshua, was really very common in first-century Galilee. The name Jesus as we use it comes from the transliteration of Yeshua into Greek and then into English.

Archaeologists have unearthed the tombs of 71 Yeshuas from the period of Jesus' death. The name also appears 30 times in the Old Testament in reference to four separate characters—including a descendent of Aaron who helped to distribute offerings of grain (2 Chronicles 31:15) and a man who accompanied former captives of Nebuchadnezzar back to Jerusalem (Ezra 2:2).

The long version of the name, Yehoshua, appears another few hundred times, referring most notably to the legendary conqueror of Jericho (and the second most famous bearer of the name). So why do we call the Hebrew hero of Jericho Joshua and the Christian Messiah Jesus? Because the New Testament was originally written in Greek, not Hebrew or Aramaic. Greeks did not use the sound sh, so the evangelists substituted an S sound. Then, to make it a masculine name, they added another S sound at the end. The earliest written version of the name Jesus is Romanized today as Iesous. (Thus the crucifix inscription INRI: "Iesus Nazarenus Rex Iudaeorum," or "Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews.")

The initial J didn't come until much later. That sound was foreign to Aramaic, Hebrew, Greek, and Latin. Not even English distinguished J from I until the mid-17th century. Thus, the 1611 King James Bible refers to Jesus as "Iesus" and his father as "Ioseph." The current spelling likely came from Switzerland, where J sounds more like the English Y. When English Protestants fled to Switzerland during the reign of the Catholic Queen Mary I, they drafted the Geneva Bible and used the Swiss spelling. Translators in England adopted the Geneva spelling by 1769.

In contrast, the Old Testament was translated directly from the original Hebrew into English, rather than via Greek. So anyone named Yehoshua or Yeshua in the Old Testament became Joshua in English. Meanwhile, the holy book of the Syrian Orthodox church, known as the Syriac Bible, is written in Aramaic. While its Gospels were translated from the original Greek, the early scribes recognized that Iesous was a corruption of the original Aramaic. Thus, the Syriac text refers to Yeshua.

Bonus Explainer: What was Jesus' last name? It wasn't Christ. Contemporaries would have called him Yeshua Bar Yehosef or Yeshua Nasraya. (That's "Jesus, son of Joseph" or "Jesus of Nazareth.") Galileans distinguished themselves from others with the same first name by adding either "son of" and their father's name, or their birthplace. People who knew Jesus would not have called him Christ, which is the translation of a Greek word meaning "anointed one"

So next time you hear someone reffering to the return of Messiah Yeshua we can all join in by shouting "Welcome back Joshua !!!"

[edit on 5-7-2010 by lapi7]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dbriefed
Even if you don't believe another mans' religion, you should respect his beliefs and religion. Mocking religion is not what a man with honor and respect does.

No matter how much you believe in your religion, someone will have a stronger belief than you do, and is willing to demonstrate that to you. Just sayin'.

Amen. For instance I have a youtube page partly dedicated to conspiracy stuff party to Christ and evidence that he existed, I had some guy send me a really insulting video bashing Mel Gibson making some insults against Christianity in the process. Quite frankly Im sick of it. I cannot bring up my beliefs without being bashed, and Im tired of it, because I DO NOT attack atheists or Agnostics or any other religion, nor to I try to enforce my beliefs on other but I do profess my beliefs, and I want to be respected like any other person, if you disagree, do it in an adult way, its really a test for me to keep my cool.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
No, no, no.
The first ninety
nine times that name
is translated it means Joshua.
Only one out of ninety nine would
you get Jesus, and that one is
a long walk in the park.
I woulda kept it
quiet too.

David Grouchy

[edit on 5-7-2010 by davidgrouchy]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I'm fascinated by stuff like this but I always take it with a grain of salt.

The fact that he said "the messiah will reveal itself to israel", is a dead giveaway that he believes the jews are god's chosen people and shouldn't be taken seriously at all. I don't like to generalize but zionist are the worst group of people and shouldn't be trusted.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
In the letter that the rabbi wrote he said that the name was "Jesus". The narrator shortly after says assumingly that it is Jesus Christ. The note never said anything about "jesus christ" it could be Jesus Jones or Jesus escobar ffrom Tijuana. i just thought it was strange that the assumption is that when you hear the name Jesus it's automatically linked with the Jesus of Christianity lore. just goes to show you how well the churches of the world brainwash its followers.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join