It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking betrayal of trust

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Before the 4th of July weekend, there was unreported
maneuver in the Senate designed to protect BP and
the federal government from liability in the Gulf disaster.

If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed
it.

Check this out www.brasschecktv.com...

(Sorry, I don't know how to up load vidsand I apologise if this is not in the right forum - still in nappies here)

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

Ah, but the government has given BP 48 hours to get their act together, really.

Now we'll see some action, huh? (NOT!) I wonder what is being implied in this 48 hour notice given by the coast guard. If BP does not comply, then what?

I wonder how many days have now passed since BP has failed to get anything together yet. I think both BP and the government are trying to cover up their liability in all of this. I think they both knew the risks from the start and marched forward despite knowing better.

BP, feds too cozy for some in assessing damage

They are probably trying to cover each others butts.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Divinorumus]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Here you go:

I think that there may be those in the Republican party that fear what disclosure by BP will bring for them. Will it show funds being transferred from BP to Republican members? Or is this more of the "Obama must fail at all cost" rhetoric? I smell a rat!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I'm thoroughly disgusted with the entire federal response, both Republican and Democratic! The small independant reporters are doing more to inform us, and the parishes are doing more to help themselves than anything being done by our federal government or MSM.

May the "small people" prevail !! An old saying comes to mind. "The BIGGER they are, the harder they fall."

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
What makes me annoyed is that BP keep givng press releases every time their cleanup costs increase.

This morning, it reportedly was up to 3 billion.

Really, WHO CARES? Until the oil gushing into the gul is capped, and until every last drop of oil is cleaned from the shoreline and water, I don't give a damn how much it costs them.

And I don't give a damn about their shareholders either. They're ridden the BP gravy train of excessive oil industry profits and dividends for years, and you never heard them comnplaining when the stock was going up and their dividends were being paid out every year. Now it's going down, they're all whining. However, money invested in the stock market or in any company is always "at your own risk" so you have no sympathy from me.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare

I'm thoroughly disgusted with the entire federal response, both Republican and Democratic! The small independant reporters are doing more to inform us, and the parishes are doing more to help themselves than anything being done by our federal government or MSM.

May the "small people" prevail !! An old saying comes to mind. "The BIGGER they are, the harder they fall."

Yep, shows how much we need "big government", eh? We don't.

We need big government like we need a hole in the head...or a hole in the ocean floor.

This is how I think we should show Washington how displeased we are with their handling of the situation: I think that every state should simulatneously stop collecting federal taxes, stop sending their taxes to Washington, and just leave the US. No official declaration of war or secession (just like the US does not officially declare war on any country anymore)....just quietly tip-toe out of the USA, and ignore Washington. If every state did it at the same time, the federal government couldn't mount a response.

Just my idea.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Really, WHO CARES? Until the oil gushing into the gul is capped, and until every last drop of oil is cleaned from the shoreline and water, I don't give a damn how much it costs them.

Well, there is a slight problem with that...

If they go bankrupt cleaning the oil spill...

Who is going to take over for them?

Who is going to PAY for it?

The logistics of this situation are VERY TRICKY.

Tread softly.

-Edrick

new topics

top topics

join