It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wyoming threatens to sell prime Grand Teton land

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Wyoming threatens to sell prime Grand Teton land

hosted.ap.org

MOOSE, Wyo. (AP) -- For Sale: Two square miles of Grand Teton National Park.

Majestic views of the Teton Range. Prime location for luxury resort, home development. Pristine habitat for moose, elk, wolves, grizzlies.

Price: $125 million. Call: Gov. Dave Freudenthal.

Wyoming is trying to force the Interior Department to trade land, minerals or mineral royalties for 1,366 acres it owns within the majestic park. If the foot-dragging feds don't agree to a deal - soon - Freudenthal threatens
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

This would be devastating, though I hope it's just empty threats. The last thing that we need, is to suburbanize the last few beautiful places left in America. I don't want to trade nature for the greedy profit of commercial real estate companies.

With that being said, I fully support Wyoming's right to do whatever it chooses within its own borders (with the consent of the people, of course). I'm 100 percent for state rights and I actually agree with the argument made by Dick Cheney's home state, however I don't agree with what they are proposing here or what they are threatening to propose. The last thing we need, is to be building strip malls and "Burger King's" on some of the last few wild acres that we have left in this country.

--airspoon

Edited to add: Photo

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-7-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
You know it's actually a catch-22 in my eyes. The feds shouldn't own any land at all. That being said I certainly wouldn't want some nasty corp to come along and turn it into a strip mall and housing tract either. I suppose ideally it would stay in the state's hands and be managed for the good of all the state's people but that will never stick these days.

As you mentioned in your OP, the state is trying to force the fed to buy the land. I'm sure it's because they can't afford to care for it/could use the funds from the sale, well see that's on the fed too.

Originally state's were to give a little money to keep the fed afloat but the fed has managed to turn that completely around and make the state's subserviant. They depend on the fed now for money. It again boils down to the same problem that is at the root of 85% of ALL our problems: an out of control federal government.

You wanna save this land and do a whole bunch more to bring our country back to it's former greatness? Break up the huge criminal mob of fascist politician/banker/corpratists that have seized our country through the fed.

Nice thread though. Rant over and I hope whatever the case, it stays pristine..

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Redwookieaz]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
What kills me here, is why any state would sell their land? Period?

How are these states that broke?
Where do we NOT see the corruption?

I see more and more state parks closing down, and losing funds now-a-days.
It's extremely depressing to say the least.
These are lands that should never need 'upkeep' more than the public picking up after themselves...(a rarity).

Let's face it, if the public would be more tidy, and less destructive, you wouldn't need much maintenance in any state park/land.
Besides maybe cutting grass.
Or beachcombing.
And even those things can be done relatively cheap.

But everytime I leave my house I see trash alongside the roads, litter at every stop sign, and garbage on the sides of every highway.

Unbelievably disgusting...and I'm NO hippie.

Bad thing is, if you tell someone to pick up their trash, it's like you ordered them to dig a hole to China. All you get are smart remarks, dirty looks or just plain vulgarity.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
ALL THINGS BELONG TO GOD. Men are claiming to hold ownership over land and buildings and utilities and produce and production and resources, which are actually the property of God the Creator. Buying and selling of asaid items is a sin according to the Judgement of God. Men are not in harmony with the Holy Spirit. According to the Book of Genesis in the Old Testament of the Bible, it is for this reason that Almighty God decided that She would send the Flood of Noah, for so as to get rid of the sins of man. I am in no doubt that the Wrath of God is still very much against the works of man. Nature will eventually destroy all the works of man. As Jesus said "Not one stone will be left standing on another".

I once read an article which stated that if as of today, suddenly all human beings were to simply be non-existant, it would take no more than a mere century for basically all trace of humans, ever having had existance, to be rusted or fallen down or over grown, all to such an extent that after a mere thousand years not one little trace would be visible anywhere. Nature is full of surprises. Our ultimate final nemesis could be just a few days away. Like as it says in the Bible "No one knows the day when the end will come". However, the message of the Bible scriptures is that The End will come. "Trust not in things that go rusty or get eaten my the moth. Instead put your trust in that which is eternal". Death comes to all of us sooner or later, therefore realise that we are all simply the eternal spirit. Material possessions cannot be taken with you when that day of death comes. As Jesus said to a young rabbi in Jerusalem who asked for guidance, "Leave your father and your mother, give your riches away to the poor, and then take up your cross to follow me".

The world was not always ruled over by men. There was a time when men were completely subordinate to the absolute dictatorship of the Temple Virgins. The Daughters of Isis reproductive by PARTHENOGENESIS ruled Ancient Egypt and all that once existed before that time. The tradition of a Pharaoh was established by the Temple Virgins so that they would not have to deal with the affairs of the men personally. Thus they would select a masculine child and then raise him to be a celibate priest. Apon reaching mature age he would be given the position of Pharaoh so as thus the men would not have to communicate directly with the Temple Virgins. This authority of the Pharaoh later became the Messiah Tradition for the Jewish. Moses was selected by the Temple Virgins and raised to be a Pharaoh for the Hebrews. Because of there being a total and complete lack of Temple Virgins to choose the Pharaoh thus Hereditary Monarchy are that same pharaoh tradition. Democracy is the work of man. Literally translated from its Greek origin the word democracy means Demonic Possession. Men are not angels. Men are demons. It would be better if the masculine were to be non-existant, since if a man lives, he lives to commit sins, sins for which he will earn destruction in the nightmare of hell. According to the Book of Revelation of the Bible only the 144,000 of men who are Celibate Men, and the Temple Virgins, will escape such a certain destruction in the nightmare of hell. Woman are not the femininity that they make themselves out to be, since they have acquired the MALE GAMETE [mark of the beast] by sexual communication with the men. Thus do not get me wrongly by interpreting that I would want the world to be ruled by women. In the sight of God the woman are actually something even lower than are the men. According to my comprehension only the girls who are true Temple Virgins thus have the Divine Right to be the Government. OUR LADY the True God be the one monarch there be no other monarch.

One very interesting possibility is that there is such a thing as the HUMAN CORDYCEPS FUNGUS. Watch the following video and realise that nature is in possession of a means by which to eliminate all human beings very quickly. HUMAN CORDYCEPS FUNGUS is always around us and might be about to leap out on us ?

The parasitic fungus, cordyceps unilateralis, knows how to get what it wants when it latches onto an ant. By attaching itself to the bodies of its victims, the mushroom begins to grow through the ant's body, eating away at soft tissue, while leaving important organs in tact. Eventually the fungus forms growths in the host's brain, emitting chemicals which will alter the ant's perceptions and their responses to pheromones. This process of mind control, which takes 4-10 days to complete, is essential for the fungus to manipulate the ant to help it with its life mission.The mushroom ultimately desires its host to reach an open location to die – preferably at the top of a plant, where the humidity and environmental temperatures are ideal for fungal reproduction. When the fungus is satisfied with the ant’s location, it eats the ant’s brain, effectively killing the insect.To complete its mission and maximize its use of the ant, the fungus sprouts through the ant’s head, yielding airborne spores, or fungal babies, which find their own ants to attack. Other insects vulnerable to infection by fungi of the genus cordyceps include dragonflies, beetles, cockroaches, butterflies, and bees. While most insects fear cordyceps fungi, scientists have studied their positive effects. Cordyceps fungi are used in pesticides and as agents against malaria-carrying mosquitoes.

[edit on 5/7/2010 by CAELENIUM]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Well, I guess if it's state land, they can sell it. It would be very interesting to see who bought it. The Chinese or Saudis would make interesting neighbors. In fact, I guess technically one day the Chinese might even lay claim to it without paying for it?

new topics

top topics

join