It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Sign Of NIBIRU

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valeri
reply to post by Xcalibur254

So yothink nancy started it, and NOT SUmerians ,and other cultures who obviously had this info thousands of years ago and carved in stone. yeah, nice one man. She just took the info and put her own frantic spin on it. Go educate yourself,if you think SHE is the ORIGIN lol

"Go educate yourself"? Nice one there, then perhaps YOU could show any kind of cuneiform that indicates the existence of Nibiru? It would also be nice if you could point me in the direction of other cultures that mention a planet with a 3600 highly eccentric orbit that causes doom on a regular basis? I'll settle for just two separate sources that talk about Nibiru. So what do you say, care to educate me?

Edit: As a matter of fact, I can educate you a little. Nibiru is in fact mentioned by the Babylonians (Akkadian language), but perhaps you could point out where in this article it says that it will come close in 2012 (or mention anything of it's orbit)?: en.wikipedia.org...(Babylonian_astronomy) Or for that matter, state that it is an actual planet?

"Nibiru (also transliterated Neberu, Nebiru) is a term in the Akkadian language, translating to "crossing" or "point of transition", especially of rivers[1], i.e. river crossings or ferry-boats. In Babylonian astronomy, nibiru (in cuneiform spelled dné-bé-ru or MULni-bi-rum) is a term of the highest point of the ecliptic, i.e. the point of summer solstice, and its associated constellation". It sure does sound omnious doesn't it?

[edit on 25-7-2010 by rasalhague]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rasalhague

of course a typical person like you would believe that this quack invented the word 'Nibiru' just to make your view of people who believe in Nibiru right. Yet there are many cultures that right about it. Humanity is strange.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

of course a typical person like you would believe that this quack invented the word 'Nibiru' just to make your view of people who believe in Nibiru right. Yet there are many cultures that right about it. Humanity is strange.

And yet an educated post. Nibiru isn't even Lieders planet, she calls it Planet X. And yes Nibiru is an actual word, but it does not refer to a planet. Or perhaps you care to accept the challenge I gave valeri? Show me the cuneiforms that talk of this planet and then show me two other, non-sumeric, sources of ancients talking about this planet.

This should be oh so simple, yet hasn't been done in this thread. Care to contemplate on why that is?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Valeri

I have educated myself. First off the only Sumerian "scholar" who believes Nibiru is a planet is Sitchin. His translations place the return of Nibiru in 2900. Nancy simply took the name Nibiru because of its popularity. She has absolutely no historical evidence backing her prediction, only "channellings" from Greys. Nowhere on any tablet or cylinder seal is the year 2012 mentioned as the return of Nibiru, which once again is only supported as being a planet by Sitchin's faulty translations. Outside of that no one has ever been able to point me towards any legitimate, historical prediction that specifically mentions the year 2012. Even the Mayan calendar has many different versions, only one of which may end in 2012, this date is still up for debate.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Where would you look to find Nibiru if its a couple of years away to see it?
some say that its coming from the direction towards the south pole,so maybe you wouldn,t see it if you looked up at the night sky unless you was on the southern part of our earth.
There are supposidly telescopes on the south pole,if its not true about Nibiru,what is the point of south pole telescopes when they have the satelites?
If its true about Nibiru, they say it will create many many disasters on earth, WELL we are getting them now and increasing in occurencies and power,earthquakes, floodings, hurricanes,forest fires ,etc.etc. lets see if they get even worse and more frequent,i hope not.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by stmichael]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by stmichael
Where would you look to find Nibiru if its a couple of years away to see it?
some say that its coming from the direction towards the south pole,so maybe you wouldn,t see it if you looked up at the night sky unless you was on the southern part of our earth.
There are supposidly telescopes on the south pole,if its not true about Nibiru,what is the point of south pole telescopes when they have the satelites?

Well it wouldn't be hard to find it if it were in fact only two years away. In fact, it would be among the brightest object in the night sky. And lets say that it was only visible from the southern hemisphere, do you know how many amateur astronomers could see it from there? Me neither, but there would be a lot of sightings and now there are none.

The point of the South pole telescope is as far away from tracking Nibiru that you could possibly come. It is, however, there but it is a radiotelescope: en.wikipedia.org...

I can assure you that we would feel/see the effects of Nibiru a long long time before we actually see the planet (which we don't). It's a hoax. Either that or it is invisible and able to turn on and off gravity so that we don't see significant gravitational pertrubations in our solar system

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

And lets say that it was only visible from the southern hemisphere, do you know how many amateur astronomers could see it from there?

Forget about amateur astronomers!!! An object that bright, yet that unusual??

Thousands of airline pilots would have seen it, by now!! In addition to everyone else!!!

( Everyone alsways forgets about the pilots...boo, hoo.
)

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

And lets say that it was only visible from the southern hemisphere, do you know how many amateur astronomers could see it from there?

Forget about amateur astronomers!!! An object that bright, yet that unusual??

Thousands of airline pilots would have seen it, by now!! In addition to everyone else!!!

( Everyone alsways forgets about the pilots...boo, hoo.
)

Haha, yeah sorry for that blooper. It would be a spectacular sight, to say the least. Not quite as spectacular as all those second sun videos though

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I can't believe the idea of nibiru in 2012 is still going strong.
Two years and we can't see it still.
Oh, nevermind, it's extradimensional, and covered in dust, and infrared.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Valeri

If you think that the Sumerians knew about more planets than the ones visible to the human eye, then you need to do a little research. The idea of the Sumerians writing about ETs or contact with ETs is poppycock made up by Nancy and others.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stmichael

Do you know what kind of telescope is at the South Pole? Do you know that these types of telescopes work better in cold temperatures? Did you know that some of these telescopes are over 100m across on Earth? Check it out.

No, earthly disasters are no more frequent now than before. The gales of 1926, the year without a summer, the eruption of Tambora, the famines of Ethiopia, the blizzard of 1888, ... Bad things happen and bad things continue to happen.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

Don't forget it's coming at such an angle that makes it impossible to see unless you're standing on the physical South Pole.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Whenever I get the time I'm tempted to do a statistical analysis on the number of earthquakes this year compared to previous years to show that it's not statistically different. Of course it won't matter since we all know that math was created by TPTB and they designed statistics in such a way that it would lie to us about earthquake frequency.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

No no no, you are both wrong. Nibiru isn't getting closer, it's already here. You see, Mrs Lieder were in fact right when she claimed that it would be here in 2003. The catch is that it is only visible to those crafty astro-lemurs inhabbiting the moon...

Nah, but it seems about as plausible as all the other theories, right?=)

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by stereologist

Whenever I get the time I'm tempted to do a statistical analysis on the number of earthquakes this year compared to previous years to show that it's not statistically different. Of course it won't matter since we all know that math was created by TPTB and they designed statistics in such a way that it would lie to us about earthquake frequency.

I'm actually at a point were I'm contemplating the same thing, i.e. do a statistically valid analysis just to shut the Nibiru believers up. Sadly any outcome would be favorable for them, since they are close to experts on twisting facts to fit their beliefs...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I get such a laugh when people pour through the data, which is small due to the small numbers of earthquakes considered, and then find that some small range of quakes plots out with a rise. Then there is the look at what I did claim.

I think that Disraeli said it well with, "There are lies, damn lies, and then there are statistics."

But in this case it is fudge, fudge, and then proclaim victory.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

At a professional level we have no plans neither time to satisfy your beliefs sir, what you believe,whatever that might be will never ever change actual events or facts. But you might share your beliefs no matter how stupid they are, as you already have shown the public.

More information will come in time, in the meanwhile you will have to stick to actually believe what we say or follow your own path no matter how healthy\unhealthy that might be.

Minneapolis Science Facility.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

what are you smoking? Of course this year is different compared to any years. Look at the statistics and it shows more earthquakes at 5.o+ more than usual and the low end 4.0> have been on a decline. Even mainstream media even realizes this. GOD people are naive.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Show us the statistics. I don't believe you can. There are 1.3 million KNOWN earthquakes each year. Show us the data and your statistical analysis. Tell us why looking at a selective group of data is statistically valid.

Please, we'd all like to see it.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Are natural disasters more frequent today than they were in the past, or has television (the dread "MSM") simply made us more aware of them? When Lisbon was destroyed by an earthquake in the 18th century, what was the reaction in China? There was none. No-one knew it happened. When Krakatoa annihilated itself, it took weeks before Europeans knew about it. Communication was slow to non-existent until relatively recently. Only the most dramatic of disasters made their way into the global consciousness. Now, thanks to improved connectivity, every tremor, flood and forest fire is beamed instantly all over the globe. CNN airs live footage of tsunamis broadcast from cell phones over the internet. Are natural disasters increasing, or are you seeing more of them on TV?

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join