It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constantly Waking up around 3:30

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
How is the alcohol or coffee consumption?
or the diet for that manor, many food additives will do strange things to your habits.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
[edit on 5-7-2010 by shayanmh]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saul of Tarsus
reply to post by shayanmh

It may have something to do with the fact that in an Islamic country such as Kuwait, most people rise very early for their obligatory prayers. This mass communication with the intelligent field that permeates all of creation has an instantaneous effect on the quantum level with a corresponding effect on our DNA. Once you go back to CA, you'll sleep OK again:-)

reply to post by Saul of Tarsus

great answer Saul! this is exactly what i was thinking...maybe it could be the integration of my thinking patterns into the collective unconscious of the Islamic region here where people wake up and pray for the morning prayers...its weird b/c i'm a really heavy sleeper (you could play a marching band beside my bed and i'd sleep like a baby lol) and i noticed that i'll wake up when it is time to pray...even before the announcer will call for prayer...love it if you could elaborate on the answer more

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

Sounds like you circadian rhythm is out of whack.
Your circadian rhythm type : Questionnaire
What time do you go to bed ?
i usually go to bed at 12 (nocturnal person)

Is the room you sleep in , in complete darkness when you sleep ?
How much noise is there while you attempt to sleep ?

its a possibility that my circ.rhythm is out of normality but im trying to figure out the reason whats disrupting it..back home it wouldnt matter when i'd sleep i would just make my full 8 hours on weekdays and 12 hours on weekends of sleep if i had nothing to do in the morning
i've slept in different rooms and i've gotten the same results! and yes its complete darkness the way i like it with zero noise

reply to post by UmbraSumus

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

thanks Ayana, i know how annoying it is to not fall back asleep no matter how hard you try...and i do the same thing, just read a book or watch a movie but then a few minutes turn into hours and voila its daylight...there goes my night but i havent been under any stress whatsoever....infact i would say its the opposite, i had alot of work to do in canada before i got here and now im trying to reap my reward in vacationing for my work but we can see how thats working out _javascript:icon('
')

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Simple problem with a simple solution. You're dehydrated. The body has woken you up to get a drink. If you snore, you lose moisture. If you're in a desert, you lose mositure faster. If you run a fan to breathe easier, you're losing moisture. It isn't much to be noticeable when awake, but it will reduce sleep time until you get some water.

Keep a bottle of water by your bed.

You wake up, take a drink.

You'll pass out again.

Promise.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDebunkMachine
I couldn't have a clue as to what's causing it, but maybe if you want it to stop try taking .5 mg of melatonin 4 hours before you go to sleep, by the time you wanna go to sleep you'll be out like a light, and will sleep through the whole night hopefully.

reply to post by TheDebunkMachine

thanks for the suggestion Debunk but i'll give it a few more days and see if my body can work it out

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Interesting because I live in Iowa and this has been happening to me for about a month and a half. It also happens to my friend who lives two hours away and frequently deals with sleep paralysis ordeals. What makes it even more interesting is I wake up either at 3 am, 3:30 or 4. Anytime after that, nothing happens I sleep peacefuly. The thing that makes me wonder is 3 am is dead time(when there is the most spiritual activity going on) Also when I have this video on ufo's and most of the time when they were caught on film, it was around these times. Very early in the morning but they seemed to all be gone by 5.
Definately worth investigating

edit: Also for the melatonin suggestion. Ive been taking 5mg pill for a couple years now and havnt had a problem. Usually puts me out in a heartbeat. I still take it every night but recently i keep waking up same times.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Destiny Curious]

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Destiny Curious]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kdiggz

i feel ya brother...its happened to me in the past in my childhood in an old apartment in canada where if i would sleep in my main tv room i'd wake up dead at 3:30-4 am in the middle of the night...and it would be only in that room..i even felt and saw a dark child-like figure sleeping in the same sofa as me and it moved! but it wasn't emitting fear it felt pretty calm and serene to me...i thought it was my small brother at the time which is why i didn't jump and scream out of the sofa but i found out the following morning that he was sleeping next to my mom in her room throughout and never set a foot in that sofa....weird if that has any connection

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

what a synchronicity indigo...my dreams have really become more fluid and i've seen things here and there which completely have connections to the people and situations around me...a few weeks ago i saw tornados in my dream where me and my family were going on a road trip and the next day i saw in the news that some place had a pretty bad one...sorry cant remember what place it was but it was like it was telling me something....my dreams are never violent or scary and i feel pretty good when i wake up...and yes i try to remember everything when i wake up but i should keep a journal pad for it

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowfoot
In Oriental Meidical Diagnosis certain times of day correspond to different organ systems. Often taimes people in America wake up between 1am and 3am this is a portion of the wood element, representing liver. Excessive drinking, drugging (including [pharmas) can illicit in imbalance in the meridians qi causing interuption of sleep.
The time of morning you are waking up with is 3am-5am that is the metal element associating with lungs and large intestine.."our connection with society at large, sadness and grief and letting go of what we dont need.
Worth meitating on

reply to post by Shadowfoot

great insight Shadowfoot...it makes alot of sense on what you're reiterating....can i ask you of any suggestions you have on what i should do or what i should meditate on?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tholidor
Strange that you should mention this.....

Since about mid-May I have been experiencing the same thing here in New Mexico. I have always been one who could sleep through anything and usually for about 10 hours if undisturbed. However now I am waking up between 3:30 and 4:15 every AM.

I had pretty much written it off as one of the effects of aging, but now I'm wondering just what is up.

Thanks for the thread. Maybe we'll get some meaningful input.

OMG!!! It's happeneing to me too... and my cats choose this time to go beserk!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Sure, there are a number of things you can do. Let me get to a free moment and Id be happy to let you know what I have used in the past. I would write some now but I need to get busy.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I have always heard that three am to four am is considered the "witching hour" and the darkest part of the night. The time when most paranormal activity happens.

Also, I have heard (but have not looked into) that Jesus died on the cross between 3 and 4 pm so in mockery, satan has dubbed 3-4 am "his" time.

Has your father experienced anything?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
If you have the 3.30 thing and cannot sleep again once awake, or have started losing the ability to sleep, then a good long read is available on
www.abovetopsecret.com...

this thread, Looking For People Who've Been to the Grey Room, is full of people with no previous contact with such websites. They share a lot of common behaviour themes even though their lives and geography is quite different.
One of the themes is the waking up at 3.30am business. It happens to me, and finding a pile of people with similar new experiences was comforting.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
If you can't go the long haul on the Looking for People... thread I mention above, start from page 20 onwards.
I note there:
6. I need less and less sleep. It's 3.30am where I am and as usual I'm wide awake.
It's in a list of happenings. Then other people start a 'me too' and there is discussion of other threads where such things are being raised.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join