It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The war with self! Please read.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
As the choas in the world hits new heights the resilience and mind of humanity is tested.

With this comes our greatest challange. When we are all forced to look in the mirror and decide who we are.

This is the great evolution of mankind. The battle of god vs the system.

We are both god and the system. We are godly in our creation but systemated in our conditioning.

We are reaching a level of consciousness where we will begin to see this more so in our lives and world views.

The pain and suffering in our hearts will rise up and show each of us where the real parradox rests. In us and not in conspiracies or govts or organisations and companies.

Here is a list of god and a list of the system.
These are the things that you battle with internally.
It is only when we lose the traits of the system that we can become godly.

Take a minute to think this through.

GOD's attributes
accepts authority, loyal, devoted
accepts what's given
affectionate
aspiring, ambitious, motivated
candid
caring
change; accepts, embraces-
cheerful
considerate, thoughtful
cooperative
courageous
courteous
decisive
devoted
determined
does what is necessary, right
perseveres, endures
enthusiastic
expansive
faith in life
faith in oneself
faith in others
flexible
forgiving
focused
freedom given to others
friendly
generous
goodwill
grateful
hard-working
honest
humble
interested
involved
jealous, not
kind
mature
modest
open-minded, tolerant
optimistic
perfects
persistent, sustaining
positive
practical
punctual
realistic
reliable
respectful
responsibility
responsive
self-confident
self-directed
self-disciplined
self-esteem, high
self-giving
self-reliant
selfless
sensitive
serious
sincere
social independence
sympathetic
systematic
takes others point of view
thoughtful towards others
trusting
unpretentious
unselfish
willing does, willingness
work-oriented
achieved; has-
adventurous
Substance-free
alert
aware of opportunities
calm
clean
clear goals
clear thoughts
completes
comprehends
conscious
conscious of one's weaknesses
constructive
content-oriented
creative
delegates
deliberative
detail-oriented
develops mental capabilities
directed, has direction
disciplined
dynamic
educated
education exceed previous generation
education greater than present level of achievement
education greater than previous generation
efficient
effort taking
effort achieves results
energetic
enterprising
entrepreneurial
envisions the unseen
experienced
fatigue-free
focused
goal-oriented
good
graceful
has enough time
health robust, strong constitution
high goals
higher social interests
idea-driven
imaginative
improves self
in rapidly expanding field of work
initiates (has initiative)
innovative
insightful
intelligent
knowledgeable
knowledgeable in a particular area
leads others
lives from the depths of life
lucky; things go your way
money circulated for improvement
motivated
nerves strong
objective
observant
organized
patient
personable
physical stamina
polite, mannered
previous success in family life
previous success in school
previous success in work
productive interactions with others
professional (acts)
professional qualification achieved
punctual
regular
relationship with other(s) positive
resourceful
responsible
results-oriented
risk-taker
sees the whole picture
seeks improvement
spiritual, inner connection
stamina
strong; physically-
strong; psychologically-
stress-free, relaxed
(has had) supportive family or friends
systematic
tough
trustworthy
wealthy
wealth in present generation
well-behaved
work is in harmony with personal life

System/Devil/Ego:

rebellious
ignores, rejects what's given
distant, cold, aloof
self-satisfied, unmotivated
closed, guarded, secretive
uncaring, unfeeling, callous
rejects change
cheerless, gloomy, sour, grumpy
inconsiderate, thoughtless
uncooperative, unhelpful, combative
cowering, fearful
rude, impolite
indecisive
uncommitted, uncaring, hostile
indecisive, unsure
does what is convenient
relents, gives up
unenthusiastic, apathetic, indifferent
kept back, tight, constricting
life can't be trusted
lack of faith in self
others can't be relied on
inflexible, rigid, unbending, stubborn
unforgiving, resentful, spiteful
unfocused, scattered
authoritarian, controlling
unfriendly, distant, aloof, hostile
wasteful, spendthrift
stingy, miserly, selfish
ill-will, malice, hatred
ungrateful, unappreciative
lazy
dishonest, deceiving, lying
arrogant, conceited, ego-centric
indifferent, uncaring
complacent, indifferent
jealous, envious, covetous
unkind, uncaring, cruel, mean
immature
vain
narrow, close, small-minded, intolerant
pessimistic
allows imperfection
flagging, fleeting, unsustaining
negative
impractical, not viable
late, not on time
naïve, impractical
unreliable, undependable
disrespectful, rude, impolite
blames others
unreliable, undependable
unresponsive, unreceptive
lack of self confidence, insecure
directed by externals 
undisciplined, unrestrained, indulgent
self-esteem, confidence - low
self-centered
dependent
selfish
Insensitive, indifferent
silly, trivial, petty
insincere, dishonest
social approval required
unsympathetic, unfeeling
unsystematic, disorganized, disorderly, random
insists on own view
thoughtless, inconsiderate, callous
suspicious, mistrusting
pretentious, affected, ostentatious
selfish
unwilling, reluctant, recalcitrant
convenience first
hasn't achieve
conventional
Substance-abuse (alcohol, drug)
dull
ignorant of opportunities
excitable, nervous
dirty, unkempt
lack of, jumbled goals; directionless
muddled thoughts, confused
leaves hanging, doesn't complete
doesn't comprehend
unconscious
unconscious of one's strengths
destructive, complaining
outer, surface, form-oriented
uncreative
tries to do everything
reckless
scrimps on details
leaves mental capacities as is
directionless, unfocused
dissipating
passive
uneducated
inefficient
lack of effort
effort wasted
listless
visionless
inexperienced (in area)
tired, fatigued
unfocused, addled, scattered
goalless, directionless
evil
clumsy
never has enough time
poor health, weak constitution
low, no goals
lower, no social interests
ideas don't motivate to act
unimaginative
stays the same
lacks initiative
conservative
lacks insight, blind to, ignorant of
stupid
ignorant, uniformed

The list goes on but i think you all get the picture.
The question is how we not only individually but collectively come away from the traits of the system and lean more toward to traits of God?

How do we eliminate the ego?

Peace and blessings.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Hi Spirit 777,

Don't remove the Ego, that's just a part of yourself as the 'God' part.

If I understand the undertones of your post correctly, then you are looking for a balance?

Can I ask if the need to eliminate the Ego has been brewing for awhile, or something that just happened? To know the reason behind your motives - which I applaud - you must know the situation that person is facing in real life.

I'll rarely give a direct answer, rather encourage you to think it thru yourself (for years, if the need may be). Don't immediately take anyone's specific instructions. You already know what will work for you, it's just a matter of finding it. To accept a 'cookie cutter' doctrine (one with a rigid and defined structure that has been defined by someone else) will just turn you from a seeker to a follower. It's far more exciting being a seeker.

One piece of advice: Question everything. When anybody starts out on a path like this they are not prepared. Take it slowly and remember to question. Answers will come.

Congratulations on beginning your path though. It's worth it in the end (although, these things never really end...).

Cheers
Shane

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Spirit777

Interesting list. However, many of the negative traits are also down to basic human nature. It will therefore be exeedingly difficult to purge them from ourselves. It is true, in my mind, that eliminating them will lead to enlightenment and that is why so few of us will ever achieve it, myself not included in the few I am sorry to say. I have to admit that I possess so many qualities that you negatively list.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by shamus78
Hi Spirit 777,

Don't remove the Ego, that's just a part of yourself as the 'God' part.

If I understand the undertones of your post correctly, then you are looking for a balance?

Can I ask if the need to eliminate the Ego has been brewing for awhile, or something that just happened? To know the reason behind your motives - which I applaud - you must know the situation that person is facing in real life.

I'll rarely give a direct answer, rather encourage you to think it thru yourself (for years, if the need may be). Don't immediately take anyone's specific instructions. You already know what will work for you, it's just a matter of finding it. To accept a 'cookie cutter' doctrine (one with a rigid and defined structure that has been defined by someone else) will just turn you from a seeker to a follower. It's far more exciting being a seeker.

One piece of advice: Question everything. When anybody starts out on a path like this they are not prepared. Take it slowly and remember to question. Answers will come.

Congratulations on beginning your path though. It's worth it in the end (although, these things never really end...).

Cheers
Shane

Hi Shane,

I beg to differ. I don't think the ego is something from God so to speak but a by product of the system. We are born into a world that conditions us from birth to death. That system creates in us the ego and inflates it using subtle suggestion. I think ideas and thoughts are also by products of the system and are not godly.

I do agree that it is more about merging than eliminating but failing any merging then it becomes release. Knowing how to give up the ego.
For me personally it has always been a challenge and the only real challenge of my life. When was i aware of this challenge? Probably for a few years now but my awareness of the issues are growing stronger each day.

I think encouraging others to find their own truths is the only way. If you try to dictated or impose your will on others they usually run away.
I also think self enquiry is important. The ability to ask yourself fundamental questions and look internally for answers.

I think everything comes to an end even searching and journeys.
Ours is coming closer and closer with each passing day.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher

Interesting list. However, many of the negative traits are also down to basic human nature. It will therefore be exeedingly difficult to purge them from ourselves. It is true, in my mind, that eliminating them will lead to enlightenment and that is why so few of us will ever achieve it, myself not included in the few I am sorry to say. I have to admit that I possess so many qualities that you negatively list.

Human nature is just being. Anything else in my opinion is a by product of the system. Like the way you are set in your ways and unwilling to change even though you feel you possess negative traits. You have the ability to change but perhaps you do not wish to change or you do not know how to change. The question then for you really is should you change? If you do not change then please remember that those traits you feel you have that are negative will come through you as a person and that energy will manifest in the world around you. If you take those negative aspects out of your personality then you no longer contribute that negativity in the world. But that is why we are given free will to decide for ourselves what we choose.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Hi Spirit777,

Appreciate your reply.

Could I ask for you to give me your personal definition of God? I think we view is as different things, so confusion may follow.

However one thing:

I don't think the ego is something from God so to speak but a by product of the system

Seeing that most of the terms under Ego in your OP could be taken as negative, do you feel that your life in the 'system' up to now has been a negative experience?

I find this an interesting thread.

Cheers
Shane

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

I think that you hit the nail on the head. Although many of us, myself included, would like to change, we are unsure about how to do it.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Good thread!

In case you want to cultivate yourself you should check out Falun Gong and read the book Zhuan Falun: www.falundafa.org... - it is for free here in PDF. A potential to become a God resides in all good people.

Truhtfulness, Compassion and Forbearance are strong principles. A god is not moved by emotions and desires. Hence one needs to eliminate these emotions and desires and it takes a great effort to do it but if you do it you will become so great you can not imagine it.

Body and mind must be cultivated to reach the highest levels. Now is prime time to do it when the world looks like a full blown demon. Overcome evil and be untouched by all the noise and evil news on the tv, radio and newspaper.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Gaussq]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

Although it was a direct replay to the OP, I thank you for that link and shall read at my earliest convenience.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

I agree with you in a sense but perhaps the main difference is just the nomenclature, these cumbersome words we are supposed to translate thoughts into for transmission to be decoded by a slightly different decoder brain and re-constructed in the listener.

I think God or the one infinite creator contains all things and has infinity attributes, so I would say all from both lists falls under God. But having said that I do fully believe in the polarity scenario taking place with the creation, positive vs. negative or good vs. evil, angel and demon, god vs. satan whatever one wants to call it.

TPTB and much of what they have built on earth are negative, and the majority of us slaves they think they own are positive. Their beef with us goes far beyond them just wanting to make money for themselves and have a few billion slaves. They hate us to the core of their being, they will actually go out of their way and spend their money on deliberately trying to make our lives hell in hope of trying to polarize the planet to the negative. We really scare them when we are awake and aware though. They must enslave, cause fear, pain, suffering, anger, they must deceive manipulate and control for them to advance down the negative path.

The world stage is a reflection of whats going on within us all, so if we collectively beat tptb within our own selves then they will cease to have control of the external world, in a holographic fashion we can change the world by getting our own microcosm peaceful and loving, more to the positive polarity. We must practice love, fearlessness, acceptance and truth.
Hence the war with the self = the war with tptb.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Hi there,

Interesting post created , you have.

First off I don't like the lists. I don't think you need the lists. You see things can always change lists depending on circumstances. The lists aren't really important. We are living in a world which seems to be goverened by duality. We cannot on this planet have one without the opposite.
Maybe our spiritual exsistance will be singular. I don't know.

I think it is better to think of opposites as the same thing. There are different versions of essiantially the same thing. Hot and cold are the exact same thing. Hot can become cold. Cold can become hot. Good and bad are the same thing too. Good can be become bad. Bad can become good. Essiantially all these lists are of the same things, just different measurements of each. No need for lists, and labels.

As far as the ego goes, well thats very interesting isn't it. I feel like I am cracking it. Its taken a long time but I have thought before that I have cracked it. On this occasion I really believe my ego is clinging on for dear life. I firmly believe the ego can be eliminated. It is not possible to explain what this is like. I am not good like that. I can't express what it is like to give priority to the internal rather than the external. I certainly recomend it for everyone.

From I was a child nothing ever seemed to fit right for me on this planet. Its only over the last few years by opening up whats inside me that I can cope with what is going on around us. This is no solution though. This is not fixing anything. What I am trying to say is that since being a child I have seen that nothing is right with the way we live. I brought this up throughout my life with people and everyone has the same answer. Just do your best and get on with it. I tried this for a decade and it nearly lead to self destruction. When my life came to a crashing halt I rewoken what had been inside me since I was a child.

Does everyone really realise that everything is wrong or is there just something wrong with me? I would also like to add that none of this is a negative thing. That may be hard for some to understand but I really mean that.

Its ALL good.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by shamus78
Hi Spirit777,

Appreciate your reply.

Could I ask for you to give me your personal definition of God? I think we view is as different things, so confusion may follow.

However one thing:

I don't think the ego is something from God so to speak but a by product of the system

Seeing that most of the terms under Ego in your OP could be taken as negative, do you feel that your life in the 'system' up to now has been a negative experience?

I find this an interesting thread.

Cheers
Shane

No worries and thanks.

God is the energy or force that manifested our creation and the creation of nature. So call it the Tao, the force, the universal, the creator or god or evolution, whichever suits you they are after all one and the same.

My life in the system has made me who I am today. If I could choose to have gone through another reality, one based on all the godly qualities in my post then I would much prefer this however I think in order to get to that stage we must first deal with the so called devil in us and externally in the world. Perhaps the devil is here to show us how to attain godliness? Who really knows the master plan? Personally I would have created an already evolved species and I think that is what god did. How we have become what we have become could be attributed to the darker forces that govern us. So the battle of duality presides in us all until we reach the singularity.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

I think that you hit the nail on the head. Although many of us, myself included, would like to change, we are unsure about how to do it.

Join the club brother. This is what i am working on. I will let you know how once I am there.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior

I agree with you in a sense but perhaps the main difference is just the nomenclature, these cumbersome words we are supposed to translate thoughts into for transmission to be decoded by a slightly different decoder brain and re-constructed in the listener.

I think God or the one infinite creator contains all things and has infinity attributes, so I would say all from both lists falls under God. But having said that I do fully believe in the polarity scenario taking place with the creation, positive vs. negative or good vs. evil, angel and demon, god vs. satan whatever one wants to call it.

TPTB and much of what they have built on earth are negative, and the majority of us slaves they think they own are positive. Their beef with us goes far beyond them just wanting to make money for themselves and have a few billion slaves. They hate us to the core of their being, they will actually go out of their way and spend their money on deliberately trying to make our lives hell in hope of trying to polarize the planet to the negative. We really scare them when we are awake and aware though. They must enslave, cause fear, pain, suffering, anger, they must deceive manipulate and control for them to advance down the negative path.

The world stage is a reflection of whats going on within us all, so if we collectively beat tptb within our own selves then they will cease to have control of the external world, in a holographic fashion we can change the world by getting our own microcosm peaceful and loving, more to the positive polarity. We must practice love, fearlessness, acceptance and truth.
Hence the war with the self = the war with tptb.

I agree with most of your post.

The war with self is fought on both planes yes however the way to overcome is to first resolve the internal then the external will wither.

By resolving the external you have to be stronger than the system is.
No easy feat for any one person let alone armies.

So i say the real battle is the indivdual one but we must however focus the worlds attention on this very matter.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
Hi there,

Interesting post created , you have.

First off I don't like the lists. I don't think you need the lists. You see things can always change lists depending on circumstances. The lists aren't really important. We are living in a world which seems to be goverened by duality. We cannot on this planet have one without the opposite.
Maybe our spiritual exsistance will be singular. I don't know.

I think it is better to think of opposites as the same thing. There are different versions of essiantially the same thing. Hot and cold are the exact same thing. Hot can become cold. Cold can become hot. Good and bad are the same thing too. Good can be become bad. Bad can become good. Essiantially all these lists are of the same things, just different measurements of each. No need for lists, and labels.

As far as the ego goes, well thats very interesting isn't it. I feel like I am cracking it. Its taken a long time but I have thought before that I have cracked it. On this occasion I really believe my ego is clinging on for dear life. I firmly believe the ego can be eliminated. It is not possible to explain what this is like. I am not good like that. I can't express what it is like to give priority to the internal rather than the external. I certainly recomend it for everyone.

From I was a child nothing ever seemed to fit right for me on this planet. Its only over the last few years by opening up whats inside me that I can cope with what is going on around us. This is no solution though. This is not fixing anything. What I am trying to say is that since being a child I have seen that nothing is right with the way we live. I brought this up throughout my life with people and everyone has the same answer. Just do your best and get on with it. I tried this for a decade and it nearly lead to self destruction. When my life came to a crashing halt I rewoken what had been inside me since I was a child.

Does everyone really realise that everything is wrong or is there just something wrong with me? I would also like to add that none of this is a negative thing. That may be hard for some to understand but I really mean that.

Its ALL good.

Yes you are right, the lists are not relevent but still none the less emphasize my point.

The battle you speak of is the very same i aim to raise.

I don't think you are losing the plot, in fact i think you are awakening to the truth that the system you are born inside is actually disigned to be counter productive to the natural you. Your ture nature battles with the ideologies and principalities that the system impose on you. There is no battle you can fight internally and win. The key is to realising there is no battle to be fought.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

By resolving the external you have to be stronger than the system is.
No easy feat for any one person let alone armies.

Yeah and also if the external is resolved without the internal then in time, the internal problems if they still remain will again manifest into the external world and we would just be back at square one again. Humans have been trying temporarily successfully or unsuccessfully for eons to make the world a better place by removing the tyrant oppressor or enemy from the world, but I think now its time we take a good hard look at ourselves.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spirit777

Join the club brother. This is what i am working on. I will let you know how once I am there.

The reason as to why all our Brethren are where they are, I feel. I wish you luck in your quest and, if you reach there first, please drop me a line.

S&F

[edit on 5/7/2010 by TheLoneArcher]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Changing is an interesting concept,to change into what is the real question.

I can understand righteousness,but everything is relative.

The truth to you may not be the truth to me.

There is only complete selflessness in death.

We only surrender ourselves completely in death,we spend our entire lives trying to find balance,while causing the opposite.

A Conundrum,paradox?...................................

Balance will be struck regardless of how hard we try to achieve it,or destroy it.

Just enjoy the ride.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gaussq

Good thread!

In case you want to cultivate yourself you should check out Falun Gong and read the book Zhuan Falun: www.falundafa.org... - it is for free here in PDF. A potential to become a God resides in all good people.

Truhtfulness, Compassion and Forbearance are strong principles. A god is not moved by emotions and desires. Hence one needs to eliminate these emotions and desires and it takes a great effort to do it but if you do it you will become so great you can not imagine it.

Body and mind must be cultivated to reach the highest levels. Now is prime time to do it when the world looks like a full blown demon. Overcome evil and be untouched by all the noise and evil news on the tv, radio and newspaper.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Gaussq]

Many thanks for your link. The problem with this is that there is an overwhelming amount of information regarding attain wisdom or enlightenment and so many different roads to attaining it. The question is which road works or do they all work and is there a more direct explanation then having to read through large volumes of material?
Right now we are like novice mechanics looking on at an engine trying to work out what does what. When we look long enough we begin working things out until we start the engine up. That is what has been happening to mankind. They have identified the engine now they are trying to start it. Once this is achieved, years later we will look back and be able to provide a much more comprehensive overview of the transition. It is the same with all things in life, hence the term "the beauty of hindsight". So in many years time we will be able to give an explanation of the process of enlightenment in ways we cannot imagine now. Where we are required to read volumes of material to ascertain wisdom in time it the knowledge of those volumes would be completely served in a few paragraphs, perhaps even less. Personally I believe we can time travel by willing our consciousness to other planes or dimensions. By doing this truths from the future can be revealed to the mind’s eye in ways that are so simple and understandable to the experiencer that by trying to relay this wisdom only dissolves its potency. I think we are all novices on the cusp of becoming mechanics...we just have to keep looking.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spirit777

The reason as to why all our Brethren are where they are, I feel. I wish you luck in your quest and, if you reach there first, please drop me a line.

S&F

[edit on 5/7/2010 by TheLoneArcher]

Thank you brother. My aim is to share my knowledge and wisdom with you all. So yes if i find the god particle i will share it with the world

top topics

<<   2 >>

join