It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the best way to cook burgers??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
when i was working as a chef we cooked burgers on a GAS grill called "grim ripper".

It was the best. Sometimes char coal BBQd are also nice. But none of these methods are practical.

I tried cooking "finest" burgers here in UK on a frying pan and it just no working out!

How do you cook burgers? Cos my dog really loves them,and so do i but we need a good method to fry them, i was thinking of buying one of theose "de fatting" grills....other than that theres always Big Mcs

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Freeman]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
In the Spring, Summer and Fall I cook them on a charcoal grill, yum yum. In the winter I fry them in a pan - slowly and add a lot of nice seasonings. Not too bad but not as good as the grill.

P.S. Tried the George Foreman grill - came out to dry for my taste but if you want absolutely no fat that is the way to go.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I have to admit, ... I am a burger man.

I'm not all that much into grilling because it's not so practical.

Always use fresh beef, 80/20 is usually the best mix. I use a dense pan, that's it. .......Always season, start on a medium heat till cooked, then throw it into high at the end to brown.

My perfect burger has lots of mayo, cheeeeese, thousand island dressing, .... and if that doesn't ensure a future heart attack, ... BACON !!

I'm getting hungry....

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
hackberry(this is one tree that old timers are wrong about) wood fire pit is a winner everytime by itself and pecan's next in line, when talking skillet- cast iron is the only way to fly and James Smart I think is the best for a few reasons. (try grnd buffalo/bison for a change- Akaushi is top dog though)

don't recommend this-

"Very well," he said, "I will let you bake your bread over cow manure instead of human excrement."-Eze4

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Charcoal Grill is best in my opinion....especially with some wood chips amongst the coals...

The Foreman Grill works ok, but you have to remember it's faster on it....but yeah, you lose a bit of the fat (and taste).... this is more for speed than taste.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
You can always bake them in the oven during the winter, that's what we do. Cook em Medium and they are still juicy
We use 96/4 beef, a little tougher when you overcook it, but thats why we cook it medium! I will slice it into 3 strips and make a whole wheat pita burger with flax/olive oil mayo and gray poupon, some fresh tomato/onion/spinach and sometimes some feta instead of the cheddar. mmmmmmm. Can't beat the charcoal pit though! With some hickory chips scattered and finish it off with some indirect smoking for 3-4 minutes, yum yum.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Try a griddle pan - nice and hot to seal in the flavours, but not so hot they stick.

Second only to charcoal grill IMO

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I like to cook mine on my homemade pit, with garlic butter in the middle, super soft, slightly dark onions, mild cheddar, and frozen dough, that I thaw, and use a bowl (whatever size bun you want) and cut, bake and viola!

Peace to you...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
In an iron skillet, just a little salt, very well done.

I really miss my grandma, she made the best burgers.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Steak Burgers

Have your butcher take a decent sized chuck roast and run it through the grinder using the course (chili) grind plate... not the one with the smaller holes used to grind regular hamburger meat. Just tell them you want a chili (coarse) grind and to make sure they run it through Twice.

Place the ground chuck in a mixing bowl. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste. Mix Well.

Pat the burgers slightly larger than your hamburger rolls, put the patties on a plate, splash a bit of soy sauce on them, cover and place them in the fridge for an hour or so ... to marinate a bit.

Take two pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil slightly smaller than your outdoor BBQ's grill surface.

Lay one sheet on the counter and cover it with an good layer of Mesquite chips which have been soaked in water for about an hour or so... leaving about a 2" edge around the sides. You can buy the mesquite chips at your local supermarket, wallyworld, etc. for about 2-3 dollars a bag.

Place the second sheet over top the first and fold the edges in twice, about a 1/2" each time to seal the foil packet.

Take a fork and poke random holes through the top sheet of foil ... to allow the smoke out .. being careful Not to punch through the bottom sheet

Place the foil packet on the lower rack of your BBQ grill over Medium heat/flame.

Place the burgers on the Top rack and close the lid.

Check the burgers after about 15 minutes, and again every 3-5 until the burger's "juice" runs clear (i.e. no blood)

ENJOY!

Mesquite-Smoked Steak Burgers
... to die for

edit on 9/16/2010 by 12m8keall2c because: chuck Roast not chuck steak

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
dupe post

edit on 9/16/2010 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join