It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the most mysterious place on Earth?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Hey dudes, i was just wondering. I am experienced traveller/backpacker and i visited all kinds of places. I am beeing pulled/ drawn towards unknown mysterious places all the time.

What some of the creepy places you have been to?

I visited Australian desert which was very mystical but not scary.

I visited Gobi dessert it was quite scary.

I camped in Siberian forests, which was really exciting scary and mystical...

Right now i am looking at washington state in US, there some cool forests and untapped nature there with reports of mystical creatures and paranormal activity

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
The most mysterious places?

There is a mountain range in Antarctica that shouldn't exist based on what we know about geology.

Gamburtsev Mountain Range
en.wikipedia.org...

Plus there is this weird artificial island in the Pacific.

Nan Madol, an ancient ruined city off the coast the island of Pohnpei in the Pacific.
en.wikipedia.org...

Don't forget to bring an Elder Sign with you.

[edit on 5/7/10 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Well, I spent a weekend caving in the Mendips, South West England. One particular cave has a hall called GB. It is not particularly deep but it is a large cavern nevertheless. Anyway. the group that I was with decided that they wanted to follow one of the passageways atop a small cliff. I was in a rather strange mood that day and had not enthusiasm for climbing, so I elected to remain on the hall floor.

After about 10 minutes of their departure, I could no longer hear them or see thier lamps. I decided to extinguish my own and sit in silence until they returned. It was, I imagine, after about 30 seconds, I started to hear movement and whispered voices from all around me. Thinking that a couple of members had stayed to play around with me, I switched my lamp on. The sounds immediately stopped. There was no sign of anyone, even after searching.

Each time I switched the lamp off, within about 30 seconds, the sounds returned. I left the lamp off in the end, to see if I could make sense of the whispers, which I never did.

Finally, the sounds ceased when the first signs of the team returning could be made out.

Needless to say, I was somewhat shaken by those events, but dare not tell the others.

So, I suppose that is my answer to your OP. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

[edit on 5/7/2010 by TheLoneArcher]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Funny you should say it happened when u turn off the lights...

The best things do happen at night in strange disolated places

Thats why i like to bring a good dog with me when i go ...they can pick up any unfriendly vibration just like that gauge meter in Ghost Busters which ...Ian (?) used to scan area for ghosts!

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Freeman]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeman

That is so true. I am sure that a large percentage of what we experience in those situations can be attributed to our imagination, but certainly not all. I would love to return there one day and actually spend the night in the hall.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
now i would love to take a peek over at that
skin-walker ranch in Utah there.
i know its all KEEP OUT and stuff but a walk
of the perimeter with a scope and a night camp out
is a must surly.

the stories reported there are freaky.

oh and new Mexico where they conducted the
nuclear bomb tests,that false city type place they
built to see the effects of radiation.

i like all the old military installations of the cold war
era.USSR former states are the place to go.
now that place is a gold mine of relics from the cold war.

i seen on the Internet this mountain range in the middle of
the sea and it was once a top secret submarine base built
into the mountain and a whole deserted town.
on a site called English Russia.some cool photos and lots of
inspiration for places to explore.if you like that kind of stuff.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeman

When you went to the Gobi, did you go to Dunhuang and Moon Crescent Lake?

That is kind of mystical - right in the middle of extra huge sandunes in the desert, there is a natural spring. The huge dunes surrounding the small spring 'sing', and are constantly moving, as sand dunes do naturally.

However, local belief is that it is quite mystical, if not a very wierd anomaly, as despite the constantly moving sandunes driven by the strong winds, the tiny spring never, ever gets overwhelmed by the millions of tonnes of sand constantly on the move around the spring.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Here is that ex ussr sub base had to post
a linky for a qwick look see.enjoy.

englishrussia.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeman
[mo e]

that is an impressive list of places.

i've neen to about a dozen places or more, but not always as a tourest.

i did stand on top of the ziggurat outside Tallil in Iraq.

when the guide said the bulding was bult around 4000 bc....

i thought about my country being only 200 years old.

america is a baby compaired to some.

there is a pyramid mound in Saint Loius i wouldn't mind seeing either.

End Transission,
ET

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Ireland (In my eyes), is the most mysterious place.

Here is one thing that is older and more mysterious than the pyramids of Giza that is based in Ireland: New Grange 8,000 BC. Also, The Giant's Causeway.

Those are just two things, Ireland is full of mysteries.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
From hear say: In siberia in 1908 there was a big explosion from a meteorite or ufo (people still aren't sure). There are many plants and animals wich differ from normal growth

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Flying over the Nazca lines was one of my "things to do before you die"
boxes ticked. Amazing experience too say the least.

The Ring of Brodgar in Orkney holds a special place in heart as well

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The Door to Hell in Derweze, Turkmenistan. Where a natural gas-cavern is still burning to this day after scientists tried to flame it out, assuming it would degass in a few days. Ever since 1971 its been consistently churning out fire and natural gas.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
You are all wrong!
The most mysterious place in tthe world is.
Drumroll please....... .........
The gulf of Mexico!
It maybe magnetic interference but it seems cameras do not work there anymore!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I think most mysterious, hidden, sacred, and spiritual place on earth is "Mount Kailash" where Yogis, Sages, and enlightened souls reside defying the law of nature; they are the ones who are subtly guiding humanity!! Only the ones with pure heart and rocksolid determination are able to witness their presence!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I've seen many mysterious places over the years, and these locations stand out:

Angkor Wat in Cambodia
Iceland (really, any location in Iceland)
Hawaii - It's known as a summer tourist destination, but it is actually quite spiritual and, in my experience, eerie. The television show "Lost" is filmed there, and for good reason. You should journey a little off the beaten path to experience the more mysterious side of Hawaii. I recommend the Ka'u Desert, the Halema'uma'u crater, and Pu'u Loa (home of many petroglyphs).
Argentina's salt lakes (Salinas Grandes) are absolutely mesmerizing
Kenya - The Great Rift Valley is the most disturbing place I've ever visited, not due to any apparent cause, but simply because it made me feel so uneasy. I was really shaken just by standing at a cliff overlooking it. It is breathtakingly beautiful. Try to see it when the sun is rising or setting (depending on your vantage point).

I have not visited Japan's Aokigahara Forest, but I hear it is beautiful and quite disturbing--a lot of spiritual energy, for those who believe. For those unfamiliar, it is the place made famous by the high number of suicides that occur there every year. It's apparently not uncommon for visitors to stumble upon abandoned tents, mementos, and tools of suicide. I don't know if I have the nerve to visit it myself.

[edit on 5/7/10 by paperplanes]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeman
Hey dudes, i was just wondering. I am experienced traveller/backpacker and i visited all kinds of places. I am beeing pulled/ drawn towards unknown mysterious places all the time.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You might be interested.
Atleast i am fascinated in all the stories about this mountain.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I'd put my money on Area 51.
Buuuut, I don't think you can take a tour there

Go to Washington and find Bigfoot for us.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I guess the skinwalker ranch in Utah would be my first choice......
But the real adventure, magic and paranormal activities are in your head.
Go meditating/yoga and you might find stuff beyond your imagination

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeman

Head into the Matto Grasso in Brazil. There are many stories of lost cities and civilzation there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join