It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'F' student graduates

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

'F' student graduates

www.nypost.com

Tatiana Reina wanted to graduate in the worst way -- and she did.
The 21-year-old was enrolled at Lafayette HS in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, for six years with a dismal record marked by truancy and failing grades. She faked her own graduation in 2007, donning a cap and gown and sneaking into the receiving line. Faced with "aging out" of the school system this year, she got a last chance and still didn't bother going to class.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Well this is very interesting. According to the article this is happening all over the city on a regular basis, and it doesn't surprise me in the least. I have personally tried to tutor high-schoolers and found that they were unable to read a Dr. Suess book.(I started carrying 'Green Eggs and Ham' in my bag)

I also wonder if race had anything to do with the decision, racism on any angle of this story would not surprise me either.

www.nypost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Freakin sickening. High school isn't hard in the first place...

When I was in school we had a guy 21 years old graduating with our class. He was still dating freshman girls. 14 year olds.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Maybe they were too sick of dealing with her!

Her teachers must've felt like Mrs. Puff from spongebob!!

But, personally, I find it more interesting you carry green eggs and ham with you everywhere you go. That rawks!

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Public education is clearly ineffective, pretty much a farce.

The educational institutions provide no coherent worldview, other than 'enter this system, progress through the system, go to another system and use this incoherent outlook we gave you to work your way to the terminal system (job).

The only system many < 20s know about is the one they see in media.

It happens in suburbia, everywhere pretty much. NYP decided to report on it.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I GRADUATED AT 21. MY PROBLEM WAS THE TEACHERS IN8TH AND 9TH GRADES. they were too lazy to take up homework assignments i would put my homework in the basket designated for it and other students would copy my homework and then discard it when i told teachers about it they wouldn't listen figuring i was just too lazy to do their homework assignments even tho every test was 95 to 100 . so i entered into a night school program after repeating 8 and 9 grade twice. when i graduated in 92
i had 8 math credits 4 science 2 history 4 literature a graphic arts class 2 computer classes and a marketing class

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Well that just figures.

I'd be worried about her using Affirmative Action to snatch jobs away from applicants who are actually qualified to do those jobs, but she'll probably never touch a job application in her entire life. The lazy cow will probably pop out some spawn and go on welfare until the day she dies.

All it takes to farm out ones' uterus is a hole in the right place. No education required.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by proteus33

Yeah. But here's the difference: You showed up. You did the work. You earned your graduation.

This waste of flesh attended FIVE DAYS out of a school year and got a diploma.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Why the heck is this in the news? Its not that big of a story, and a HS diploma is not a big deal, who cares, it happens all the time. Whoopty doo! High school in our public school system is a complete joke anyway. Now the NYT has her name all over an article for all of friends and family to read, permanently on google when you search her name. This is really none of our damn business. Its disgusting that the NYT makes articles about highschool gossip for everyone to see.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
reply to post by proteus33

Yeah. But here's the difference: You showed up. You did the work. You earned your graduation.

"Waste of flesh" because she didnt want to go to school? Thats her choice, shes a big girl. You dont know her or anything about her, so dont judge her. She didnt force the school to give her the diploma.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM

"Waste of flesh" because she didnt want to go to school? Thats her choice, shes a big girl.

You sir seem to have trouble using logical thinking.

Exactly what is this woman going to be doing to support herself? Before you answer that, she has a useless diploma and no education, and apparently she cant even form a decent sentence.

Now, what kind of job will this woman be able to get? Flipping burgers?

What I am getting at, is that this woman can only be a drain on the already strained system.

Is this what you want?

Big people try to make wise decisions, stupid people have smart people making their decisions for them.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happyfeet

Originally posted by CREAM

"Waste of flesh" because she didnt want to go to school? Thats her choice, shes a big girl.

You sir seem to have trouble using logical thinking.

Exactly what is this woman going to be doing to support herself? Before you answer that, she has a useless diploma and no education, and apparently she cant even form a decent sentence.

Now, what kind of job will this woman be able to get? Flipping burgers?

What I am getting at, is that this woman can only be a drain on the already strained system.

Is this what you want?

Big people try to make wise decisions, stupid people have smart people making their decisions for them.

What she does with her life is none of my damn business, I dont care if she traffics coc aine, I dont care if she lives with her parents, and I woundnt judge her if she flipped burgers either because that is a job we need people to do, and people who do such jobs are not "trash".

I was making more than my teachers with my online buisnesses when I was 15, I dropped out at the end of my senior year and got my GED because I could care less about a piece of paper that says I learned something. I aced all of my tests and just didn't do my homework and projects because it was a waste of my time. Does the girl in the article have her own buisnesses like me? Probably not, but that seriously is none of your business, there is plenty of unskilled work to be done that people like you think theyre too good for.

And sorry bro, the "system" is bull#, I hope she is a drain on it so the damn thing finally breaks.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by CREAM]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

Oh my goodness. Entrepreneurship. Good for you. Now, do yourself and everyone you come in contact with a favor and get educated about life. Anyone person more who drains "the system" is my business. It's my tax dollars supporting that person. And should that person end up in prison, again, my tax dollars pay for that. What other people do affects all of us.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by aero56

Educated about life you say?

What strikes me as particularly odd is that there are people like yourself that still cry out, and I'm paraphrasing here: "My tax dollars, Lord, my tax dollars". I was under the impression we had come to accept the fact that banksters have the moneyflow by the cojones and the government does not have the peoples best interest at heart.

Another thing that strikes me as odd is that so many people pretend to care where their taxes go to. Do you honestly think that people like the "F-grade graduates" have even the slightest effect on "the draining of the system" in monetary terms? If so, I would like to ask if you've ever heard of the military industrial complex?

Oh and another thing, if that womans decision what to do or not to do with her life is your business, then so are the people all over the globe dying at the hand of America's finest soldiers sponsored by YOUR tax dollars. Have you asked for forgiveness yet?

Besides, the woman in question most likely pays taxes too and if I understood your point correctly, she has something to say about your life as well. Maybe she should make a topic on a forum somewhere about your lifestyle as well.

But my guess is that she doesn't pay as much taxes as you do, kind sir. That's why you should have more say in what she does than she should have a say in what you do. Right?...Wrong. It used to be like that, thank god it's not like that anymore.

Did you know the brilliant minds in human history were nearly always apathetic, most even hostile towards intitutionalized teaching? Something to do with taxes and ordering people around.

Take it easy there cowboy, I see your Hollywood shock&awe technique in order to gain support for your arguments and I raise you with logical reasoning. A diploma is a piece of paper, knowledge is what one should seek in education. I hope you understand.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Much ignorance here!

This woman is EXACTLY what is wrong with society today and those supporting her position as a failure only contribute to the problem.

Methinks the gene pool needs more chlorine!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
lol can't say she didnt try. at first she didn't succeed so she tried, tried and tried again. this is a testament to those who triumph over defeat. lmao

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

Take it easy there cowboy, I see your Hollywood shock&awe technique in order to gain support for your arguments and I raise you with logical reasoning. A diploma is a piece of paper, knowledge is what one should seek in education. I hope you understand.

I don't need support for my arguments. Your money will probably pay for the rest of this lady's life whether you find ways to rationalize it or not. Pointing out other wastes of money doesn't change the fact that she is one also.

What makes me mad about this is that she was just handed something that some people struggle to get. Yes, some people struggle for their High School Diploma. Some people have learning disabilities. Some people have to do their homework while dodging child abuse. Some people have to deal with all kinds of problems that make it difficult for them.

They show up. They do the work. They get their diploma. They earn it. This lady didn't. She shouldn't have one. Despite all your ideological rants, that is the BOTTOM LINE.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by mattifikation]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
I GRADUATED AT 21. MY PROBLEM WAS THE TEACHERS IN8TH AND 9TH GRADES. they were too lazy to take up homework assignments i would put my homework in the basket designated for it and other students would copy my homework and then discard it when i told teachers about it they wouldn't listen figuring i was just too lazy to do their homework assignments even tho every test was 95 to 100 . so i entered into a night school program after repeating 8 and 9 grade twice. when i graduated in 92
i had 8 math credits 4 science 2 history 4 literature a graphic arts class 2 computer classes and a marketing class

come on ... is that for real?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

I would hardly call that a bottomline. People are being pit against eachother over the spending of TAX money. What? You're going to have paid up to 5 cents of the total sum of money she received tops, and that's why you're so pissed off? I would rather be pissed off at the state of education, the way the government ensures tax money to bombs but not teachers or veterans for that sake. Of course your country is going to spin out of control when the people are not represented. Look at yourself for a tiny example.

I can assure you there is more tax money put in bombs that destabalize regions in the world, causing way more harm to the US, now and in the future, than a young American woman with a thousand student loans could.

You know what I think the bottomline is? People waking up, finding their precious country and once appraised capitalistic system in ruins. Since they can't take it out on the leaders for whatever reason they choose to belittle the people who are in the same boat as themselves.

How's that for a bottomline?

As for the judgmental attitude; When you point a finger at someone you have at least 3 fingers pointing to yourself.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Zamini]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Spare me the lectures and the condescending attitude, your opinion of me means less than dirt to me. Spare me the complaints and the cries of how evil the U.S. is. We already have ten thousand threads on this web site about that as it is. I will not let you drag this thread off into that topic like so many others here.

As I said before, the BOTTOM LINE is that this person was given something that they did not earn. Her actions clearly show that she feels she is entitled to just be given that diploma for no reason. I am mad that she has that sense of entitlement, and mad that the school obliged it. I worked for mine. Everyone I know worked for theirs. As people who earned our diplomas, we have every right to be upset that she got one without earning hers.

She is no better than somebody who has sex with their teacher for an A.

She did not earn her diploma. Whether you realize that is the bottom line or not is irrelevant, because it is the bottom line anyways. All of your other ranting is just off topic crap to distract from the real issue: She simply did not earn her diploma.

Again... BOTTOM LINE.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join