It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4th of July - I just met the coolest cop

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
When cops come to your door or house and ask you not to shoot fireworks in the sky, its not because they are unpatriotic or that they want to put their foot on your throat keeping you down. It is for safety and safety alone.

If they say its dangerous, try to believe them and be respectful of them and move somewhere safer. Don't assume its your rights being tread upon, these are cops and they are just doing their job.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The biggest problem with fireworks is parents that let kids play with the unsafe and insane type.

Fireworks are dangerous in the hands of the unskilled or unthinking.

Thing like taking firework into forest areas and using them.

Letting kids play with fireworks that are not age appropriate.

As for adults if they want to play with the illegal fireworks great but if they have no idea how to safely use them or do so when drunk then the deserve the Darwin award they may receive.

I worked with high explosives for a living.

And Darwin was right
It is survival of the fittest

If adult idiots want to remove themselves form the gene pool with explosives they should be allowed to.
The human race will be better for it.

I two towns where i was a volunteer fireman i advocated the setting aside of a area for adults to use illegal fireworks or explosives.

The fire department would have had a fire truck and ambulance to take the survivors to the hospital. And as witness to the cause of death of the others saving the county the expense of a autopsy.

The only thing i ask is that they do it someplace where no one else will be hurt.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Good to hear. I also had an ecounter over the weekend with some fantastic police officers.

I'm not very pro-Police but they must be taken on an individual basis like any person

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Talking about cool cop stories, I'm from Germany, been living in the States for many years though. Anyway, I put a German license plate on the front of my truck and always wondered if that was completely "OK".

One day, I get pulled over and the cop walks up and all serious and in the usual assertive voice asks me "Where'd you get these plates?", pointing at the front of the truck.

So I tell him that these used to be the plates on my car in Germany.

All of a sudden, he starts telling me his life story, how he knows exactly where I'm from (German license plates start with an abbreviation of your home county) and that he's been there many times. Goes on to tell me how his parents came to the States, when he was a baby.

Great experience :-)

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
[edit on 5-7-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NexGenRevolution

Cool cop, huh?

Are you sure he wasn't a nice guy impersonating a cop? I really doubt you could find a cool cop in modern day USA.

There was so much fireworks going off in our little Indiana community last night it sounded and looked like WWIII had started and it smelled of gun powder for hours afterward. Guess we aren't civilized enough to ban everything fun here yet. No cops (cool or otherwise) attended our little bash! They probably were busy doing guard duty at the local Dunkin-Donut, as usual.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Just remember they know better than you thats why they outlaw everything enjoyable. I gotta give props to that cop keep it up dude your doing your job as far as I'm concerned. Turn the cheek on petty stuff just put your foot down on things that really matter. It's great to see a cop exercising common sense. The whole regulating everything that could hurt you in this country is getting rediculous. Planes and trains could hurt you so why don't we outlaw that stuff too if your so concerned about my welfare. Leave the people alone America your turning this country into a bunch of cowards and pussies.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Last night, two of our neighbors (residential neighborhood, fireworks are ALL illegal) had a firework "contest" for several hours. One would light one up only to be "topped" by what the neighbor lit next.

After an hour or so, around 11:30 PM, several State Troopers pulled up and onto our street. No local cops here, so troopers handle issues.

They literally sat on our road and watched the entire display for more than 2 hours. I couldn't believe it. They knew where they were coming from and simply sat back and enjoyed the show.

I have to admit, it was not what I expected but perhaps even cops realize that with things looking a little dire lately, some good old-fashioned fun is much-needed. I'm sure not all feel that way, but it was a nice break to see a couple that obviously did.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
We have the same law here, yet last night and all the years before that my neighborhood puts on a show that beats the city's. I've never not once seen a cop here. A friend of mine was caught one year blowing up illegal fireworks. She told us that the cops first give you a warning. And if you get caught again, they give you a "stern" warning (lol), and after the third time there is a small fine. A joke, really.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
cops are people too, its true. i wonder what other laws he didnt like O_O you should talk to him =p

awesome story, thanks for sharing i loled (:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I had something similar happen a few weeks ago. I was with a few friends at a bar, and no one was able to drive, so we decided to take a cab. While we were waiting to get picked up by the cab, a squad car drove by and shined his spot light on us. I walked up and said "We had a bit to much to drink and are waiting for a cab". He simply said "Good decision", smiled and drove off.

They're not all bad guys =P

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I will be a military cop (MP) very soon, they are indeed human, some are assholes and some are chill. What can I say.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I realized something a few years ago, when I heard about an instance when people were breaking a certain new "Law", the cops never agreed with the new law, so they just didn't enforce it.

Police control the enforcement of any law, especially the minor ones.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AliWV
I'm terrified of cops.
My friend was severly beaten and hospitalized by two local police officers because they thought he was a homosexual.
They have too much authority and too little accountability.

It sounds like those two guys beat up your friend because they are a-holes, not because they are cops. They could have done the same thing if they were accountants. Unfortunately a lot of homosexuals get beat up -- but not always by cops.

Like someone said above, cops are people, too. So -- just like some people are cool and some people are a-holes -- some cops are cool and some cops are a-holes.

[edit on 7/6/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

There is a police captain down the street from me that pops them (they are illegal inside city limits here)., smack in the middle of town. Lol.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Reply to post by AshleyD

Should home owners not use stoves either? Those cause fires.

Hell, down with all electricity and gasoline use in suburbia!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
sorry that my reply is a little late; and i didnt read through all of the other posts..

but i agree that some cops are cool depending on where you are.. they are people too.

the town where i live doesnt have a fireworks ban or anything; sometimes one "badge bindger" will try to flex his arm of the "law" and say you cant light them off. A neighbor and friend of mine was telling me that one of the newer cops here showed up to their house 3 times about fireworks they were supposedly shooting off. now they had some fireworks, nothing too big, loud or anything crazy, just some bottle rockets, firecrackers and other assorted things.

My relatives at my uncles farm; which was just over the hill from where
they were had the "big shot" fireworks, (110 shot roman candle type ones, and others. somewhere in the ballpark of $2500 worth of the good stuff. the cop was accusing the wrong people of lighting them off.

i had my own "cool cop" encounter this past year; i was driving home from a friends house, which was about a 45 min. drive/30-ish miles maybe, cant remember. we were having a bonfire at his house and we were drinking. i had waited before driving home; at least 2 hours i waited to become more sober and to make sure i didnt get in trouble if i did get stopped. now just about 5 miles from my house, i get stopped by the local LEOs and he procedes to ask me the usual questions, where im coming from, if ive been drinking, ect ect. i was very polite and honest with him.

the funny part of the encounter was when i handed him my license and registration, i took it out of my glove compartment and handed it to him, i left it open and he told me i could close the box, i attemped to shut it and as soon as i put my hands back on the wheel, it fell back open, this happend 3 more times and each time i started laughing and thought im gonna get in trouble/hell think im on drugs or something. but he started laughing too and sent me on my way home saying to be careful and telling me that watching my glove box not want to be told what to do was funny.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by felonius

no kidding especially with all the hate threads on cops arond here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join