It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police in direct appeal to Gateshead shooting suspect

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Here's an interesting little extra regarding the PSNI armoured Mitsubishi Shogun vehicles...an article from 2008.

The tragic road-crash that left four policemen dead has prompted calls for the PSNI’s fleet of 4x4s to be radically overhauled.

The PSNI faces major operational and legal difficulties following the horrific crash that took the lives of four young officers, a forensic engineer has claimed.

The force’s use of 4x4s in high-speed responses is set to come under major scrutiny — with claims that the fleet is not ‘fit-for-purpose’.

As news of the enormity and horror of the scale of the crash was felt throughout south Down, it has emerged there have been serious questions over the reliability of the same type of vehicle in emergency, high-speed responses, for many years — including advice from the UK's leading police that the vehicles should not be used in such situations.

Source: PSNI vehicles 'are not safe’

Let's hope they are newer ones or vehicles that are at least safe.

Sky are saying oon the news at the moment that they have been asked not to film the armoured Shoguns for some reason, not sure why as they are used all the time in N.I.

CX.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
But how can this be? I thought the UK had strict firearms laws.

You mean to tell me that criminals can still obtain firearms even when law abiding subjects of the crown cannot.

I'm shocked.

CX

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
But how can this be? I thought the UK had strict firearms laws.

You mean to tell me that criminals can still obtain firearms even when law abiding subjects of the crown cannot.

I'm shocked.

Lol yeah i know.

Maybe they should remind the gunman in the next press conference that what he is doing is illegal, you never know he might have second thoughts.

CX.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Not as shocked as I am at you turning up in this thread spewing your anti-UK rhetoric around without regard for anyone or anything.

CX

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Daily Mail is reporting that the SAS have now joined the hunt for this guy...

Special forces were drafted into the hunt for killer gunman Raoul Moat last night.

The elite troops trained in search-and-snatch operations arrived in the North East as he eluded a massive police dragnet for a fifth day.

They were joined by snipers from the Metropolitan Police, while a fleet of 20 armoured cars was supplied by police in Northern Ireland.

Source: As crack snipers, 20 armoured cars and hundreds more officers track killer who's taunted police for five days... Now SAS joins gunman hunt

Obviously we are not going to hear much info on this, but i welcome the move if true. David Cameron did say that the special forces would be offered in needed.

Sky has just said that the MOD has said that militay personnel have not arrived in Northumberland as yet, but like i say, they are hardly going to fill us all in on the details.

Just need to get this over with and the guy arrested asap.

CX.

[edit on 7/7/10 by CX]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join