It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive sightings of the same UFO type spread out over various locations TONIGHT!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
No UFOs just a demonic invasion. Some are lanterns but others are Demons. Everyone is picking up on them, what we are witnessing is biblical. Soon our government will want to stage a war on E.T. so they can make an excuse for a one world government.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
reply to post by rimkunw

doesn't matter what it did.. they are not paying attention to those details, they are just closing their eyes and covering their ears and shouting lalalala CHINESE LANTERNS so they can continue their lives in the dark.

thanks for sharing though.

It's very ironic the subtitle of this website is "deny ignorance," and you go ahead and post something like that.

I've posted it before, but I'm going to petition we change it to "deny intelligence" to better capture the spirit of these topics.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
you people are funny there Chinese lanterns haha the most popular firework sold this year we had over 1000 of them and sold out in days at my stand they come in orange and red they have an open flame they apear to hover at elevation till the wind takes them then they move off quickly haha almost every description and video i seen on this post looked and sounded like one. but one thing i can say if u are not able to identify an object it falls under ufo imo but that being said i can know 100% its a plane flying over but not sure what kind that makes it unidentified too.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by pez1975]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

ancient peoples were visited by extra-terrestrials and were in awe and declared them to be gods/angels/demons.
The humanoid ones were seen as gods the unattractive reptilians were seen as demons. Religion is a farce perpetuated by the people who are in positions of power as a result of its existence. It keeps the masses in check and keeps them from seeking answers on their own.
Why should we meditate on the nature of life and the universe when we are told that one all powerful being created everything. there all your questions answered except.. where did the all powerful being come from? Try wrapping your brain around something that has no beginning.

Ok now that we are sidetracked can we go back to the topic? NO they are NOT demons.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DGFenrir

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

Originally posted by DGFenrir

Originally posted by wmd_2008
Just got to love how all the UFO guys seem to be able to judge speed distance height etc etc even in the dark with NOTHING to compare too you guys are just my heros

It amazes me too. They see a dot and they can instantly tell how far it is from them and how fast it is moving.

Thats a poor way to Debunk, oh actually your not trying to Debunk your just Trolls

Anyway Who said anybody new the distance for sure? its called an (Estimated Guess) i'm pretty sure before any distance stated in the sighting there was... IT WAS ABOUT!!! or i'm not sure, not it was D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y

Its helps to try and understand distance in reports sometimes the police will ask you the same thing, we don't all have pin point Laser Technology out in the garden ready for such a senario to unfold children.

Wasn't debunking anything. Touchy a little?

Pretty wild estimations some people make: a dot, slightly larger than a star, it moved slowly in one direction then it turned around and moved back @ 100 miles per second.
It's just not possible to make such estimations in the dark without knowing the object's size and distance from the viewer. The same with speculating on it's size and distance. Two different sized objects can look and appear to move at the same speed if their distances from the viewer are right.
Drink your beer and calm down..

[edit on 5/7/2010 by DGFenrir]

I will agree with you to an extent...

But you seem to be tarring everybody with the same brush, most of the encounters 90% in fact seem to be in close proximity in an area of which they are very very familiar with or have lived all there life, are you implying we don't know where we are looking at simply because its dark,

Surely the street lights or distant motorways is a ruler we can all use? everybody has seen a commercial airliner flying at least 5 time or more a day & at night i bet most intelligent people could guess by looking where abouts its over & at what altitude if it was in close proximity, so just because its something we have never seen in the sky before we cannot judge it or take a guess?

And we are not looking at stars we are looking at orbs whizzing about our towns & city's & villages, or in my case no more than a 100ft above my head doing 90 degree turns!

Sorry but Negative contributions, Debunkers & Trolls get
from me

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
..NO they are NOT demons.

That means you have proof of what they really are?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
With so many people saying this is chinese lanterns (It looks that every bright UFO at night is Chinese lanterns this days... ... ...), i think it's time for ATS to change it's moto to "Embrace Ignorance"!
In fact we can all go away from here, because it is obvious we are doing absolutly nothing in this place, because ALL the ufo phenomena are just Venus, chinese Lanterns, Ball lightnings, swamp gas, etc.
So why bother?!

/Sarcasm

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

Slapping Occam's Razor in the face, kicking it while it's down, and then burying it 6ft under cement gets a
from me.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This reminds me of the British MoD file that reported the encounter of a British woman in 1989 with a 'Nordic'-type alien, who then took of in an orange-white spheric craft. Here is the link to the telegraph article:

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/n ewstopics/howaboutthat/5031587/Dog-walker-met-UFO-alien-with-Scandinavian-accent.html

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Umbra Sideralis

Did you ever stop to consider that perhaps this is because most UFO phenomena have a rational explanation?

WHAT A THOUGHT!! (and the reason you haven't is because that conflicts with your belief system, see below)

Wanting to believe something doesn't make it true. I wish more people understood this. It's kind of sad, really.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by SaosinEngaged]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

Sure we can use street lights and other land marks for distance and size comparison. Of course the closer the object is the easier it is to estimate it's properties but a lot of people tend to exaggarate.

reply to post by Umbra Sideralis

We should forget all rational thought and common sence and believe that all UFOs are alien space craft.

[edit on 5/7/2010 by DGFenrir]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbra Sideralis
With so many people saying this is chinese lanterns (It looks that every bright UFO at night is Chinese lanterns this days... ... ...), i think it's time for ATS to change it's moto to "Embrace Ignorance"!
In fact we can all go away from here, because it is obvious we are doing absolutly nothing in this place, because ALL the ufo phenomena are just Venus, chinese Lanterns, Ball lightnings, swamp gas, etc.
So why bother?!

/Sarcasm

Indeed. I tried explaining that what I saw was moving extremely fast. still they cry chinese lanterns they insult me as if fireworks can be a UFO like I am some mentally challenged idiot, telling me I can't guage distance when the sky was VERY active last night.. I was judging based on the traffic going in and out of the airport and the speed based on how fast it got to near us and how long it took the other aircraft in the sky to travel the same distance. I actually had thought it was some sort of plane until it vanished right before our eyes.

I am not going to dignify the rudeness with comment any further. I have explained my sighting and why I felt it and some of the others should not be blown off as nothing, if they choose to ignore the data that is their problem.

I'm done.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I believe we are not the only life forms out there. I believe we have had other being's visit our planet. I also believe that 99% of siting are not aliens or alien crafts. i have an open mind but I'm not one with blind faith that every siting is real space crafts. Most are hoax and explainable objects.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
ping.fm...

A daytime sighting.. could this be the same thing we were seeing last night?
White during the day? it vanished just like the things did last night and it was large and round.

I wonder if we see more of these sightings pop up during the day today. Keep your eyes to the sky ATS we could maybe just maybe be on the verge of something big.. MAYBE. Not saying we are.. but the possibility is there.
Lets just watch and wait and see what the day brings.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
My family and I were out lighting fireworks and saw one. What we saw was triangular-shaped, with bright orange spots at the corners. It started to rotate and then the points of the triangle started to move. Eventually, they faded, leaving only one, with faded until it was gone. I'm in Indiana.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
WoW... I live in Northwest Montana and I watched this thing for about ten minutes. It looked exactly like it was described in the original post and slowly moved south but looked like it changed direction very slightly a few times then it started fading in and out then disappeared. I've never believed in this sort of but after seeing this there deffinately is somthing wierd going on.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I saw this same object described in the sightings. I was at my sisters house in North Ridgeville, Ohio. Its in the northeastern part. It flew over the house around 10:30 pm. It moved at a constant speed but was going very fast. About 10 minutes later it flew over again on the same path as before. About an hour later we saw it again but more to the north. And again, 10 minutes after that if flew on the same path to the north again. I later found out that my girlfriend in Genoa, Ohio (Northwestern Ohio) saw the same thing as did many of my friends who were watching fireworks on the lakefront (Erie). The object was a glowing red-orange and had no flashing lights like a plane or helicopter and made no noise. One of the times we saw it, there was a plane flying above it and the object moved at least twice as fast as the plane. It was real creepy. My sister snapped some photos but I don't know how they turned out. I'll post them as soon as I can.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tenpensdown

I saw them as well!!! Near Salt Lake City UT. It was really weird yet awesome. I am no dummy. They were straight up UFO's.....which according to me means that it's humans flying reverse engineered craft or our Alien buddies.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join