It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive sightings of the same UFO type spread out over various locations TONIGHT!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
i say its one of the mini hot air balloons where they light the center and the heat causes the paper baloon to rise and it looks like a giant firball. im sure you can see the flames flikering

its liek a floating lanturn

[edit on 5-7-2010 by DeepestOne]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DirtyGirl
On the 3rd at about 11:45pm (about an hour North East from Calgary, Canada) my husband and I witnessed two white orbs heading east.

That sounds like the ISS. I pulled up Heavens Above for Three Hills on that date, and there was an ISS pass ending at 23:38 that night.

The second light would have been the Progress 38 resupply ship which docked successfully Sunday afternoon.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeepestOne
i say its one of the mini hot air balloons where they light the center and the heat causes the paper baloon to rise and it looks like a giant firball. im sure you can see the flames flikering

its liek a floating lanturn

[edit on 5-7-2010 by DeepestOne]

nah....there is a video clearly show 1 object...another 2 in formation....

intelligently controlled looks like it is to me

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The descriptions sound ALOT like chinese lanterns, being the 4th lots of people with have them!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDutch

actually no, there were sighting in canada of the same object last night as well.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

Originally posted by DGFenrir

Originally posted by wmd_2008
Just got to love how all the UFO guys seem to be able to judge speed distance height etc etc even in the dark with NOTHING to compare too you guys are just my heros

It amazes me too. They see a dot and they can instantly tell how far it is from them and how fast it is moving.

Thats a poor way to Debunk, oh actually your not trying to Debunk your just Trolls

Anyway Who said anybody new the distance for sure? its called an (Estimated Guess) i'm pretty sure before any distance stated in the sighting there was... IT WAS ABOUT!!! or i'm not sure, not it was D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y

Its helps to try and understand distance in reports sometimes the police will ask you the same thing, we don't all have pin point Laser Technology out in the garden ready for such a senario to unfold children.

Wasn't debunking anything. Touchy a little?

Pretty wild estimations some people make: a dot, slightly larger than a star, it moved slowly in one direction then it turned around and moved back @ 100 miles per second.
It's just not possible to make such estimations in the dark without knowing the object's size and distance from the viewer. The same with speculating on it's size and distance. Two different sized objects can look and appear to move at the same speed if their distances from the viewer are right.
Drink your beer and calm down..

[edit on 5/7/2010 by DGFenrir]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
What I really think ATS should do is start a project of sorts. I think we should, on some prearranged night, that is NOT a special night, all commit to spending like a half hour to an hour stargazing (weather permitting) and report what we see, with documentation. If the reason we are seeing more UFO's in 4th of July is because we are merely looking up for once in our lives, we will see the same the night we prearrange a UFO viewing. If they are Chinese Lanterns, I'm imagining we will see very few... but we can all take our camera phones/real video cameras, and spend a night all across the world viewing UFOs! We can commit to time slots, and then we will be able to get a real clear picture of what's going on. Then, throughout the night, we upload our videos to YT or whatever and post them on the thread... if there are any.

I don't think I can start my own thread yet (been lurking for a while, finally decided to make an account) but if anyone else is interested, they should start the actual thread... and maybe rewrite the plan in a more organized format. It is just barebones right now. And if no one is interested, well.... I guess we can all continue to sit around on our computers 'denying ignorance' without actually doing something, hm?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
HI neph, I will talk to the kids later and post, they kept saying they saw a UFO last night, who knows huh? I just kind of shined it on, but will question them when they come back in.

I wont open the links you provided yet, and we will see how their sighting matches up!!! Exciting!

Love to you!

link   
Just last night, as we were watching the kids pop off 100$ worth of paper n gunpowder, my wife comes hauling a$$ out of the house with my binocs, screaming "WTF is that?!! Look!! Pointing at two orange orbs off to the SW...just after dark... I told her I think I know what they are, because I could see the flicker in both with naked eye...sure enough, thru binocs they were definitely lanterns.

Immediately afterward, I told her:

"Watch how many 'orange orb UFO' posts we see tomorrow on ATS"

No, I cant say that all of you saw lanterns...but the videos I've seen so far of last night all...every one of them...fit the criteria of lanterns, whether there's one or 2 dozen of them.

-It was July 4th
-This same thing happened last year
-I predict will happen again New Years or next July 4th

Experience is a buzzkill sometimes, but is necessary to find the truth.

CDS

link   
last night about 11:30pm, I just happened to look up and saw this orangish round thing that was really moving fast from the south. I am from Long Island, NY. I thought at first it was a plane, but it zigged and zagged. What really surprised me was that it actually stopped, stayed still for a bit and than took off again. I believe.

link   
It would make sense for there to be increased sightings on a major holiday with lots of fireworks because people are more inclined to look up and such.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Not putting anything or anybody down, but the videos seem to show typical Chinese lanterns. It's celebration day!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Does this apply to Sweden too?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Guess those are some patriotic aliens we got there!

*facepalm*

I miss John Lear.

At least when he was around you didn't have a topic with 37 flags about chinese lanterns.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Although I'm a keen UFO believer these sightings all seem to be Chinese lanterns, almost all the reports are the same with with object 'slowly fading / assenting out of view' which is a dead giveaway, as for the fast moving speeds I suppose you could put that down to upper atmosphere air currents?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
are you sure what they are seeing isnt just fireworks?

no photos?? no evidence

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Oh look more sightings.
ping.fm...
ping.fm...

We then realized that the orange lights would go out and would turn into the flat black undiscernable shape object and had lights blinking on and off around in a circle around the outside of it

ping.fm...
ping.fm...
ping.fm...

While some people may have seen chinese lanterns although they are really not that popular in the US as they are in other parts of the world, but I will concede that perhaps some may have seen them, there are certain indications in many accts that set them apart ... I think the sheer volume of people seeing the same thing needs to be taken into consideration here.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rimkunw

doesn't matter what it did.. they are not paying attention to those details, they are just closing their eyes and covering their ears and shouting lalalala CHINESE LANTERNS so they can continue their lives in the dark.

thanks for sharing though.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacekc929
What I really think ATS should do is start a project of sorts. I think we should, on some prearranged night, that is NOT a special night, all commit to spending like a half hour to an hour stargazing (weather permitting) and report what we see, with documentation. If the reason we are seeing more UFO's in 4th of July is because we are merely looking up for once in our lives, we will see the same the night we prearrange a UFO viewing. If they are Chinese Lanterns, I'm imagining we will see very few... but we can all take our camera phones/real video cameras, and spend a night all across the world viewing UFOs! We can commit to time slots, and then we will be able to get a real clear picture of what's going on. Then, throughout the night, we upload our videos to YT or whatever and post them on the thread... if there are any.

I don't think I can start my own thread yet (been lurking for a while, finally decided to make an account) but if anyone else is interested, they should start the actual thread... and maybe rewrite the plan in a more organized format. It is just barebones right now. And if no one is interested, well.... I guess we can all continue to sit around on our computers 'denying ignorance' without actually doing something, hm?

I like this. August is a good month with no real holidays to speak of, maybe we could try it then?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I have been noticing that all these sightings happened about the same time, but in different time zones. Meh, maybe not.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join