It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive sightings of the same UFO type spread out over various locations TONIGHT!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yeah, I understand that, but, I do skywatch what I am able to see, this was a light sorce well within our atmosphere...plus, it dropped below my line of vision in less than 45 min., I know what a planetary body looks like, this was very close, and bright

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

Hey London boy just because England are out dont be grumpy was it your quote I replied to NO , so you living near Heathrow ,Gatwick or Stanstead has SFA to do with it!

[edit on 5-7-2010 by wmd_2008]

[edit on 5-7-2010 by wmd_2008]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I heard about something that is done on the 4th of July, not sure where I heard this or if it is still done.

Anyway, I heard that alot of people with small planes will 'hire themselves out' on this night to take people up flying so they can see all kinds of fireworks.

I'm sure I've heard of this being done in the Chicago area because here - alot of "suburbs" have their own fire works displays too and you could literally see hundreds at the same time if you were up in the air.

I think I've heard similar stories of these 'firework flights' in the US West too.

I'm sure I've heard of people doing this just for themselves too - not looking to make $ with their plane - they just go out by themselves on 7/4 to see the fireworks from the air.

The point is - could some of these UFOs be lights of small planes? That wouldn't normally be out, and would likely flying in repetitive or circular patterns to watch various fireworks.

I do believe in Aliens though
Just looking for practical thoughts to 'rule other things out'.

I was lazy and watched the fireworks on TV last night

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

allright fair enough
now how do you explain those extremely bright, those splitting , chasing, appearing, disappearing ... ?
I just don't like the folks coming here claiming that all the sightings ARE chinese lanterns, they werent there but they know somehow, not only that they assume witnesses are just too stupid to know the difference between a lantern and a genuine UFO.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by TheOracle]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
After reading some of these descriptions, I will have to say I don't believe they were UFO's. I saw plenty of fireworks the day before and last night that I knew people would mistake as UFO's. I saw one that after it went of it floated vertically down for about 2 mins and then sideways and disappeared. Alot of these descriptions sound like the various fireworks I saw.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Those are good questions that I'm not going to pretend to know the answer to. Appearing and disappearing could be to do with them going behind clouds but who knows. One thing I know is that chinese lanterns can be very diceiving. My bro in law is a plane enthusiast and when he saw this "fleet" of chinese lanterns he was saying things like they were going faster than a plane and they were in formation. But then a couple of them went out and start falling from the sky and it became obvious they were chinese lanterns. He was quite embarrased afterwards because they managed to fool him and he knows pretty much everything about planes.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I too saw this strange object in the sky last night as did my sister while we were shooting fireworks. I can't say that it was strange due to the appearance of the object; I at first thought it was a bright star. The object was very high in the atmosphere. The light was a steady orange(ish) color with no strobe or any other blinking to it. The object however proceeded to move (or it may have been already moving its hard to say) towards the east. While speed is impossible to determine I do know that it was moving somewhat fast given the amount of sky it covered in a short time. While watching this object it seemingly doubled back on itself and retraced its route across the sky. Then the object again doubled back on itself and proceeded due east until it left my field of vision. I have never seen a satellite or airplane move in this fashion.

I was at a friends house in NW Georgia when I witnessed this event. The time was approximately 10 p.m. last night.

It was not a lantern. The altitude alone prohibits this as the lantern's fuel source could never burn long enough to reach the height at which this object was seen.

edit to add observation about lantern

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Dilligaf28]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Maybe there out in numbers when some form of fireworks/celebrations is in progress, Simply because the dumb people of earth will dismiss them ALL as Lanterns & Hot air balloons because they them selfs struggle to believe in life elsewhere due to being hung up in the rat race, the pursuit of money fame & popularity & greed and other things Ignorant humans care about, its great Camouflage for strange dazzling lights to blend in which makes it great to tease and observe the ant farm closer than they could before... OH theres no limit on ET craft/observers aloud into earths atmosphere tonight just do as you wish if you get spotted dematerialize and earth government will cover it up.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Saw one here in Frisco/Plano TX early "about 8:35" directly under the cloud line and above the sun set on the east side. Seemed like a plane till it started going opposite direction was at a stop light so couldn't watch it for too long but could see it for about a minute. Shrugged it off cause never seen one here and didn't have camera so it wasn't worth my time without proof.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I know what these UFOs are telling us: TO QUIT FURTHER POLLUTING THE PLANET with fireworks and Chinese lanterns.

Seriously though, why are all these UFO pics at night? Where are all the saucers and mechanical craft (in broad daylight) from decades ago? Why is it that all we get are silly orbs and lights dashing around at night? Dosen't add up because it dosen't fit with the pattern from years gone by. I get more skeptical of UFO lore the more I see and hear.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by whatsup]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I saw the very same thing as in a couple of the youtube videos posted in this thread on Friday July 2nd in West Central Minnesota. I had a very clear view as I was 15 miles from the closest small town, no lights, and a clear night. Nine others that were with me saw the same orange glowing object traversing the sky for about 3 minutes before disappearing behind the tree line. Not sure what to make of it but like nothing I have seen before.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whiffer Nippets

The point is - could some of these UFOs be lights of small planes? That wouldn't normally be out, and would likely flying in repetitive or circular patterns to watch various fireworks.

I do believe in Aliens though
Just looking for practical thoughts to 'rule other things out'.

Absolutely Not!

Small planes have beacons & strobe lights all the same as commercial airliners do, theres no way you can confuse them with brightly glowing orbs zipping about the night sky in all directions making turns neither aircraft is capable of.

It would also be illegal to turn them of in mid flight, i suppose if a plane was coming directly towards you it has a similar effect when they turn it blinks of but you will still see the beacon/strobe after the flare up of the headlights, and there never ORANGE & RED in color never, there a sharp brilliant white and you will also see a beam like a car headlights if its slightly moggy or cloudy, theres noway anybody could confuse the two or even a Chinese Lantern flickering and bobbling traveling slow in one direction ONLY.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
On a side note. (not rally alien related but you never know) My wife and I are real sticklers on locking our doors at night. I personally installed a deadbolt on our door when we moved in, and only we have the keys. (two of them) In the last week I woke up one morning and the deadbolt I locked the night before was open in the morning. ? Last night we had a fire outside and we came in. My wife locked the door and I verified it was locked. This morning she got up before me and asked me if I had been outside. I hadn't been. The deadbolt was unlocked again? Neither of us sleepwalk, and nothing that we can tell suggests that anyone was in the home. Nothing was missing and my wallet and iphone was next to the door in my jacket pocket.

So, my question is has anyone else noticed something like this before? Would aliens or could spirits just be messing with us?

Sorry kinda off topic but maybe others have been having experiences like this as well and they sort of tie together with all the ufo sightings?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Here in the UK a few days ago, me and another person saw things like that in the sky.... We just thought they were lantens or something

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Alien spacecrafts-

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Flagged because I was one of those people who saw it. Yes, it could have just been a firecracker...but what I saw...it's pretty hard to dismiss. It looked more like a star, yet it moved side to side and up and down.

After staring at it for a while, three more came into picture. They all lined up in a square formation. I took a #ty picture with my camera phone, but it's hardly worth uploading to ATS as it will probably be debunked as "fireworks"

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by zara_bow

Here in the UK a few days ago, me and another person saw things like that in the sky.... We just thought they were lantens or something

Sound reasoning friend!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by theclutch

Aliens and spirits are NOT the same. We humans are "aliens" for other races. But a ghost could have done this easy if he is strong.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Is it that it wasn't the same one being seen, but a multitude of different ones from the fleet mentioned in one of the sightings? Also, maybe they were trying to say something, like get outside and look up more it's going to start getting crazy lol...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

What i witnessed was no lantern.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join