It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive sightings of the same UFO type spread out over various locations TONIGHT!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Very interesting! S & F!

These are great, but sadly I have to say that at least 1/4 of these MUST have been defective fireworks.

That night (a few minutes after the fireworks show ended) I saw what I was pretty sure to be a UFO (a red light going in a strait line), then I suddenly realized that it was a defective firework because it started to descend in the sky, and eventually went out (as if it were fire, it didn't "disappear").

What's significant is that false fireworks could be considered lights or "fireballs", there are a lot of orange and red fireworks at a show, usually.

What's convincing is that most of them are orange lights (sometimes red) that go in a strait line, usually alone, but sometimes in partners. You would think that they varied a little more if they were fireworks.

At LEAST ONE of them HAS to be a UFO. Maybe they don't want to reveal themselves; they just take the 4th of July as a valuable day to observe people while they're all outside at one time having celebrations with beer and lights that blow up on the sky, and at the same time they can easily mask themselves as fireworks.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

What you probably saw was a defective firework, I'm not sure on the specific type, but that doesn't matter.

What it is really is that the firework was messed up so when they shot it into the sky, it didn't blow up like it was supposed to, so it was just a little fire ball falling from the sky until it finally went out.

Trust me, I saw the same thing happen..

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
So now I guess there is some kind of "International Chinese Lantern Society" that likes to go out and release lanterns at the same time around the world?? Every time someone sees a UFO that has a "red/orange" glow to it, people jump to the simplest conclusion..."Chinese lanterns"...I just find it funny that from looking at most of these reports, seeing most of them coming from all over the U.S. AND the world,....i HIGHLY DOUBT "Chinese lanterns" could make it across the world.....and seriously, people reported STRAIGHT flight paths....as many others have said, a lantern would go with the wind and change directions with the wind...I think people rely on the "lantern" explanation because they are too scared to believe in something that has no "simple or logic" explanation. Fact: Red/orange glowing balls of light, they were unidentified, they were flying, and..they were objects..."UFOs"... now unless you can borrow Aang's staff and fly up there and catch one of these "lanterns", then I'm not going to believe the "lantern" explanation. Is it so hard to believe that there ARE things in this world, that have no "simple or logic" explanation, so people make up the most simplest explanations to make themselves feel better about something they don't understand and are afraid of, because it goes against what they believe...everyone is entitled to their own opinions and what they believe, and always want to jump on the "hard facts" thing, well where is your "hard facts" that these are lanterns???????

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I did see something weird last night. I was sitting out watching fireworks when to my right I saw a neon green blur. At first I thought it was a glow stick or a light up frisbee or something since there were other people around. However, it was flying pretty fast and it's flight seemed strange. After it shot past me it looked like it flew around a tree a few times and then just disappeared. While I'm not saying it was a UFO, I definitely couldn't identify it. It was too large to be a firefly and the color was wrong and nothing that was simply tossed would have behaved like that. This was in Connecticut around the same area where some of the sightings from the Hudson Valley flap in the 80s were made.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Well tonight here in Michigan I seen what appeared to be a firefly but the light pulsated twice and went out for a second and started the same flash sequence countiuously until it just stopped flashing or disappeared. The light was white bluish, like the new headlights on cars.

I was standing on the porch it was flying in curve across the street headed up towards the sky. It was very small like a little larger than a firefly. Has anyone seen a bug like this?

I know it sounds silly but it was odd because it was new to me.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by Teeky]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

Originally posted by markymint
Alien craft don't usually flicker. If lit up - they usually look like stars, tungsten or strip lights in the sky. Constant brightness, perhaps dimming and dissapearing - but no flicker.

If these things flickered, they were chinese lanterns, without a doubt.

IMO.

The altitude and the manner in which it moved, and the color was soo vibrant and did not glimmer AT ALL.

Ahh, it appears not all did. Well what I'd be interested to know if any of these objects moved along any known flight paths.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by markymint]

Yes the three i see previous to the bright orange orb/ball, was disk like orange in color and in V formation, sitting directly in the pathway of a busy international air port for apox 10mins

there was aabsolutely no air traffic for 40mins after

[edit on 5-7-2010 by BRITWARRIOR]

Not all lanterns are the same size or SHAPE

www.skylanternsonline.co.uk...

Re your airport story date ,time and airport could be a reason for no airtrafffic YOU know that and so do I ie time of day or even the recent dust problem, so to state what you have done means NOTHING withour details sorry

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Yeah, sure we saw one of these "UFOs". Would bet good money that most saw something like we did - a type of fireworks that goes off, then has a glowing thing lingering, attached to a parachute. Quite interesting-looking, if you don't know what they are. All spooky and glowing, and silent. All it would take to go vertical is a good updraft. Saw some of those (yes, saw them launched as well) go quite high before going out.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I think the important thing is, it doesn't matter if what you saw was a firework or a chinese lantern, or a balloon with a flaming baby strapped to it. The point is, there is just too much false positive here. It makes the entire argument moot. There's a 90% chance that what you saw was just a firework or other easily explained phenomenon. So the chance that you're going to identify it as anything else is somewhere between slim and none. This argument is moot.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by tenpensdown
Uh, hey I actually saw this tonight. My mouth kinda dropped when i read the descriptions of those sightings. I have been trying to find a logical explanation for myself all night since. And no this was not any way or shape or form a firecracker. This object was as high if not higher than an airplane. Sorry no pics, it happened so fast by the time i realized what i was looking at it had already sped away. At first I thought it was a firecracker, but then i realized it was traveling more like an airplane would but more of an ascending pace. In nc and was looking South-East. at a 50 degree angle. This best way to describe it for me would be a flying molten ball several thousand feet in the air.

It's ok, not everybody carries a 10k camera these days.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
No close ups? all those "ufos" and not a single close up?
Damn Chinese lanterns?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I just registered to let everyone know I seen the same type UFO as in the video from Italy.

It was between 10:11PM EST on 7-4-2010 in Clarksburg,WV.

The UFO was cross shaped and looked like it was on fire.

Hovered for awhile (2-4 minutes in the same spot)

Then it moved different directions pretty quick then faded off into the distance.

I noticed about 3-4 planes in the area moving towards the direction the UFO faded into.

The only reason I'm posting is because others seen the same thing!

First UFO I've ever seen

[edit on 6-7-2010 by ibudz]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
this orange/red plasma craft has been filmed up close and experienced by university folks too (see movies on google vids about carlos diaz):

lightship

I have seen these craft up close too.. so I know its not a fake photo.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by tunist]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
hmm.. lets see if this works:

Lightship

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

...and seriously, people reported STRAIGHT flight paths....as many others have said, a lantern would go with the wind and change directions with the wind...

The wind usually changes direction at different altitudes. If the lanterns were together and near the same altitude, they would easily fly in the same direction, and yes, straight. Do you see hot air balloons being buffeted all over the sky in different directions? No.. because actually, at set altitudes, things tend to go at a set speed and direction. That's how the wind blows after all, it doesn't blow willy-nilly all over the place.

And these lanterns are sold all over the place... you can buy them in almost any state, I'd guess. They are hardly limited to China.. =p

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Last night when I was outside with my son and daughter we noticed an orange ball of light in the sky travel faster then your normal jet it then suddenly disappeard. The time was about 09:00pm it didn't blink or anything, it was just a steady light.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Define 'they'.
Aliens?
Secret aircraft?

If sightings are higher on the 4th of July, I'd say it's simply because more people are looking up.

I just stumble upon this...

How the hell you're supposed to know if it's secret aircraft or alien???

Is there some sort of official manual on identifying UFOs?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I saw something on the 4th...5 balls of an orange colored light. One of them went strait up in the sky and the other 4 went until they were out of site.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
maybe it's that blimp that's going to the gulf to check on the oil?

either way very cool

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Blimp going to the Gulf to check on the Oil? Not really, huh?

I agree, really cool whether they be UFO's or Lanterns!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I think a wave of UFO sightings is to be expected on the 4th of July weekend.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join