It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough Is Enough - Time To Take Action! "The ATS Gulf Project"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by confusedascanbe

Ya ... but what it's not there and you see-it ?

I understand what you mean by positive thinking, it's called optimisism and it's not a Jedi thing.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by truthy-bird]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I like it and I am on board. I have already been sending healing energy there, but, I would love to see if others will also make this work.

Namaste and Love

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninthaxis
When has sitting and day dreaming accomplished more than an honest days work? Sitting in your house dreaming of clear oceans will filter the oil out of the ocean no more than dreaming of getting rich will get you money. Action is how things are changed.

I guess you'll never know until you try. Instead of knocking it, why don't you put forward your effort and send positive energy down there anyway. How could it hurt? You would be surprised how much power there is in the OP's idea.

Just try it and quit being a downer.

Namaste and Love

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
You think praying is gonna do anything? no it's not, you think the oil is just going to magically go away? You think the people living on the gulf who are affected don't pray every night? Not just for the oil to go away, but for money to feed their family, in fact lets all pray for world hunger while were at it. This thread was pointless praying won't do anything, taking physical action will.

This is the problem. Our imaginations are so limited that people don't even want to try to send healing energy, despite the fact that it would't cost a dime to make the attempt. How could it hurt to send your love vibrations out there? Also, if you're such a man of action, then go out there and prove it as opposed to sitting on your computer downing any and every attempt to make things better.

Just try it for God's sake.

Namaste and Love

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
Great idea. let's take action. I will put on a little mood music and we can all hold virtual hands and sing Kum ba ya. That should fix things.

Come on Alethea, just try it. There's no reason to inject negativity here, in fact, its quite counterproductive to do so.

Namaste and Love

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I am all for prayer I fully believe in its power. But I also believe that God gave me 2 arms and 2 legs and blessed me to be fit enough to get off of my butt and do something about it.

Do not misunderstand me though. We here in Louisiana thank you for your prayers and thoughts.

For other Christians like myself.

James 2:14-26

14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit?

So now that that is out of the way does anyone else want to come down here and help clean these animals?

[edit on 5-7-2010 by nateandcourt]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

First, isn't it poisonous or toxic to actually go to the water in the gulf of mexico to physically help? or isn't the good ol' military down there makin sure we can't help? Because if these things are there, then wouldn't sending coordinated positive energy that way be better then the nothing they're allowing you to do? However, if there is no truth in those things I listed, then this thread should be how to coordinate a physical effort in cleaning on top of sending positive energy...I'd go clean who else would?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

WHERE THOUGHTS GO, REALITY WILL FOLLOW.

Blujay beat me on putting these words here on this thread. These words changed my life. Can they change situations on a specific subject ?

ABSOLUTELY !

Count me in, srsen. I was already doing my part of visualization about the oil spill, but the more we are, the more powerful it gets!

And thank you for taking a chance and proposing this idea. It takes courage when you know that some replies will burn this in flames.

I can only applause. S&F BIG TIME !!

~A friend.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
When I looked at the title of thread I thought we were to join freedom fighters in middle East.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
You think praying is gonna do anything? no it's not, you think the oil is just going to magically go away? You think the people living on the gulf who are affected don't pray every night? Not just for the oil to go away, but for money to feed their family, in fact lets all pray for world hunger while were at it. This thread was pointless praying won't do anything, taking physical action will.

You do have to realize that people are prohibited from even going down there, most people don't even have the money to travel to the gulf-buy equipment and clean. Prayer, meditation and positive thinking helps raise the consciousness of the planet and its vibration.

There is no need to be so negative of such a positive post because it doesn't coincide with your beliefs. The OP is taking action just by posting this thread! The power of intention is what's important in matters like this. Our thoughts are things and just because you can't necessarily see them that doesn't mean that they don't exist. Research the effects of intention on water, here's a quick link to get you started: Thought Effects Water

Maybe then you will realize how important your thoughts and words are and how beneficial prayer and meditation really is on our conscious waters.

Peace and love to you

[edit on 5-7-2010 by berrygurrl]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by berrygurrl

Very well said.
I have over 20 years Hazwoper experience and I'm even having a hard time finding contract work in the Gulf. I'd love to get my hands dirty on this project, and could really use the work right now.

Anything that anyone can do to further the cleanup and resolution of this event either by physical or via mental / spiritual support should not be met with hostility. It should be supported and embraced for the love of this planet. It may be a big rock, but it's our home.

We have an obligation and responsibility to this planet to fix what we ****ed up. Apathy should never be an option.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Masaru Emoto discovered that if thoughts and words are directed at water, the water crystals undergo changes depending upon whether the words or thoughts are positive or negative.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by agentofchaos
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

First, isn't it poisonous or toxic to actually go to the water in the gulf of mexico to physically help? or isn't the good ol' military down there makin sure we can't help? Because if these things are there, then wouldn't sending coordinated positive energy that way be better then the nothing they're allowing you to do? However, if there is no truth in those things I listed, then this thread should be how to coordinate a physical effort in cleaning on top of sending positive energy...I'd go clean who else would?

I do not mean to sidetrack or demean what this thread was trying to accomplish but the title was a bit misleading. "Enough Is Enough - Time To Take Action!" I was thinking it meant actual action.

As for the rest.
Yes, it is toxic.. Wear a hazmat suit and breather...."but BP will fire you"
I am volunteering @#$% BP!

No the military is not stopping me, or anyone else that I know. Neither are any of BP's cronies... Although even I tell reporters and bystanders to get out of our way. Sometimes the best help people can provide is to stay out of the way.

That said even the sierra club website says this.
"Important: Some activities are dangerous and require special training. Please do not go to affected areas or handle wildlife until you are part of a coordinated response. Even well-intentioned people can inadvertently interfere with recovery efforts."

Here are some bookmarks I have collected over the past few weeks. some of these sites let you volunteer directly. I must say most of these if not all by now are listed at earth911.com...

ebird.org...
www.btnep.org...
www.crcl.org...
www.tonic.com...
www.audubon.org...
www.sttammanyhumanesociety.org...
action.sierraclub.org...
www.owcn.org...
www.matteroftrust.org...
www.audubonaction.org...
www.tristatebird.org...
saveourseabirds.com...
www.mcvs.org...
action.healthygulf.org...
www.humanela.org...
www.joinacf.org...
www.mobilebaykeeper.org...
www.volunteerlouisiana.gov...
www.volunteermississippi.org...
www.volunteerfloridadisaster.org...
www.servealabama.gov...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pentothal
The ONLY thing that this will do is make those that participate feel better. If one actually believes that positive thought alone will have a material effect then quite frankly we are all doomed.

Your thirst will not be quenched no matter how hard you visualise drinking water.

This sort of 'action' provides the participant (if they believe) with a sense of achievement, participation or 'doing something'. They also differentiate themselves from the cause of the problem (it was not me).

The fact is waving crystals around and humming in harmony will make you feel a lot better in some cases. It will have a ZERO measurable effect on the material problem. It never has and never will. A child, one minute and a toy shovel will have a greater measurable positive effect.

When things go wrong people feel powerless. They turn to some other non material means for help. I am saddened that in 2010 this is still an option. We are all doomed if this is the best we can muster. FFS.

It is time for a real plan of action people. The problem is bigger than the Oil. It is killing the USA.

Where are the free and the brave?

No, I say we're doomed once we believe that our positive thoughts cannot have an effect. One can really tell how a person is charged by the comments that they leave. In your case, I can tell that you're a very negative person who cannot stand the thought of positivity being injected into the world and will do whatever they can to stop it. In fact, you'll go out of your way to insult others who believe in positivity because the mere thought of it angers you. I'm sorry that this is the world that you've created for yourself, but, why try to tear down others who wish to make a difference in any way that they can? Technically, I already know the answer to this question, however, I am trying to engage your own thought processes and motives for doing such a thing.

Namaste and Love

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

What I find most disturbing about this thread is the amount of people who have done nothing about the BP disaster that can't even be bothered to open up their minds to other means of positivity. They say things like "you think sitting around and praying is gonna do anything" or "daydreaming isn't going to change anything". These people won't even try something that is so simple, and requires no vacation time or physical work to do!

When there is a situation so great and horrific, all measures must be taken in attempts to aid the final outcome. While positive thinking, meditation, and prayer might not "magically make the oil go away" it can certainly change the overall mood of you and those around you which could end up being the very catalyst we need to move forward as a whole!

I'm a full-time student with a part-time job so I have zero means what-so-ever to travel to the gulf coast and help out but you can be damn sure that I will do my best to offer positive vibes and prayer at the times provided. I have no way of knowing if it will do anything at all but at least it's SOMETHING!

S+F OP Thank you for this idea and posting the suggested times.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Okay, here's the thing, if you naysayers don't agree with this, just leave it be. Start your own SEPARATE THREAD listing an action plan those of us with the means can follow and act on. There's no reason we can't both pray/meditate AND follow up with actions.

I'm not a religious person. I haven't belonged to any organized religion in 30 years. The extent to which I and my family express our faith in Jesus is that we try to treat others as we would like to be treated and we sit together and pray as a family about our personal family concerns and about larger world concerns and donate to causes we believe in. Among our family concerns we were praying for as a family was the fact both of my parents got diagnosed with some very nasty cancer. Each had very rigorous testing with very hopeless results. When the time came for each one to undergo their respective surgeries in efforts to start removing the concentration of cancer, for reasons we do not understand and the doctors can not explain, all traces of the cancers in both of my parents were absolutely GONE.

We are thankful but we are practical people. Nobody in our family, from the youngest to the oldest, deludes ourselves into thinking we're going to get our prayers answered in this manner every time we try.

I think this line from the beautiful Martina McBride Song "Anyway" sums up our family's view on the subject of prayer and positive though best:

"God is great
But sometimes life ain't good
And when I pray
It doesn't always turn out like I think it should
But I do it anyway
Yeah - I do it anyway"

Now I'm not the kind of lady who just sits on my dead butt and hopes and wishes my troubles away. I will continue reading and looking for opportunities to help in some more "down to earth" way. The best I can do for now is keep the topic alive in conversation with friends, family and neighbors and keep a high profile on info that might be otherwised buried or stifled. I'm not sure who they are letting near the cleanup efforts but from what I've been able to gather, it isn't John or Joan Q. Public. So, until we the people can even get our foot in the door, it couldn't hurt to pray or meditate. If you don't like it or don't agree, just abstain. Don't ruin it for the rest of us who do think we could make some difference in this way.

EDIT: Sorry Nateandcourt, somehow I missed your very informative post. Thanks for the links. I'll check them out. It's good to know some avenues are open to offer practical aid, too.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by SheeplFlavoredAgain]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by archasama
When I looked at the title of thread I thought we were to join freedom fighters in middle East.

And how did you come to this conclusion from "Enough is Enough-Time to take action, "The ATS Gulf Project?"

I guess if one were reaching and was thinking on a whole different level of violence, then, yeah, I guess you could come up with that analysis. However, I saw it quite differently.

Namaste and Love

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
reply to post by srsen

WHERE THOUGHTS GO, REALITY WILL FOLLOW.

perhaps this is the version for people you simply watch, sit back or preach to much.... Plz let me rephrase.

Where thoughts go, actions will follow. From action you get satisfaction.

Once again, some people play to much with words in order to feal free of obligation or feal better whit there self... sad.

Do you remeber ... It`s not what your county can do for you, but what you can do for your counrty...

Originally posted by nateandcourt
I do not mean to sidetrack or demean what this thread was trying to accomplish but the title was a bit misleading. "Enough Is Enough - Time To Take Action!" I was thinking it meant actual action.

Really really misleading ! May be that`s what got me sad from the star. To much sensationalism. Ok, thinking is some kind of "action". But it's just to passif for the title of this thread . I'm not saying to destroy/killl or abuse on your way to help. I'm just saying that optimisism is not enough ! but it`s a start.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nateandcourt

As it were, you can now get arrested for trying to take action with your two good arms and legs. So, members on ATS decided that if they take away our right to physically help, they cannot take away our rights to send love vibrations and healing energy. And who knows, it might be far more effective.

Have you heard that science recently discovered the light can manipulate matter? Take a look...
www.msnbc.msn.com...

So, lets break this down logically. Thoughts are created by Neural synapses, which in fact, is an electrical charge. Electricity in its most basic component is light. If light can manipulate matter, then that also means that thoughts, which are composed of light, can also manipulate matter. Henceforth, the act of sending positive energy via thought, can in effect, have dramatic effects upon healing, especially when working with a superconductor like water...the ocean. Need I say more?

Here's a prime example of thought and sound manipulating matter:

Pyrokinesis achieved by thought and sound: THIS IS REAL.
www.youtube.com...

Watch carefully, Pyrokinesis:
www.youtube.com...

Another, Pyrokinesis:
www.youtube.com...

Telekinesis:
www.youtube.com...
(you'll notice when he's doing this, the other hanger starts moving quicker and then he literally shuts the door with intent.)

You can choose to believe or disbelieve, but, this stuff is as real as it comes, and these are abilities that we all have, but, its been suppressed by the Powers that Be. If we were to all awaken to our abilities, we would be impossible to control. Apply this ability to healing the earth or others around you, and you'll be surprised the differences that can be made.

Namaste and Love

Just so you know, this person keeps these videos unlisted, so, he is not trying to get attention or make money. In fact, he usually only lets these videos be seen by certain people because of the military attention that this person has attracted due to his abilities and his contact with UFO's. This is for real.

If you need proof of military surveillance, here it is: And trust me when I say, this guy has over 50+ hours of the military circling his home in 2 different locations. First it was at his house in the country when he was seeing UFO's all the time. Then we he moved, they began to circle him at his apartment location right in the center of town as his abilities began to manifest. The power of thought is far more powerful than most would expect. This guy is no joke.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

So ultimately, I thought I would post this so that people can see that thoughts and the ability to control matter through the mind is actually there which makes prayer very useful in situations like this.

Namaste and Love

[edit on 5-7-2010 by PsychoX42]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoX42
reply to post by nateandcourt

As it were, you can now get arrested for trying to take action with your two good arms and legs.

While I would love to debate that, I have to ready my boat to rescue some more animals. lol

Once again thank you for your thoughts and prayers. They are much appreciated and needed.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by nateandcourt]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join