It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At what point does the soul enter the body/host?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamBoon
reply to post by antar

I never said I could disprove it... so no I cannot enlighten you. However based on your question maybe you can enlighten us on its existence?

Existential experience is the best way, there is not a need to 'prove' it can however be experienced.

When I take a breath of air into my lungs for the last time, upon the exhale and the exit of my soul there will be a slight difference in my weight.

When I take a breath of air into my lungs for the last time, upon the exhale and the exit of my soul there will be a slight difference in my weight.

The same is true for the unborn child prior to it entering the world and taking it's first breath.

There are many people who can recall their lives prior to birth, they can remember what the mother ate, her mood, even conversations with others.

The real difference again I will state is a matter of awareness before entering the next host Mother. Not to be mistaken with self awareness, consciousness of the pure witness belongs to the world of the unknown, is not of the mind and biological ability based on genetics and other factors which can be registered and scientifically calculated.

Once you have tasted the soul, the spirit through lifetimes of inner work, then it is as profound as the sun on your face on a cool autumn morning.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by antar]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Based on some of the horror that's been perpetuated by humans against humans, would it be feasible to argue that sometimes a soul never enters at all? Some are said to be soulless and there are times when I believe that.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

i don't think that possible...
personally i believe that body cannot properly function without a soul, and if for some reason the soul/astral body is separated from physical body... i guess coma or death, depending how fast can they hook the body up on life support.

as for the moment the soul enters, i'd say about two months after conception

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Naphariel]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007
reply to post by lagenese

Then what's the difference between the soul and the spirit? What are the different roles that they play?

This is getting interesting!

Magnum

The soul is the vehicle used by the spirit (your cosmic counterpart) to experiment the physical realm. Try to look at the soul as the memorial body that records all experiences, just like a hard disk on a computer.

You will, however, have to find your own answers regarding this question. You cannot fall in the trap of believing the words i write in this thread, for you would subject you mind to an authority other than your own. The act of believing in someone else prevents the activation of your own inner knowing (telepathic connection to your cosmic counterpart).

At one point in your experience here on Earth, either in this lifetime or another, you will discover all the aspects of your multi-dimensionality. After that, you will not have any questions to ask since you'll know instantly all you need to know, depending on your universal and vibrational status.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Nobody has ever seen a soul entering or leaving the body. Therefore, the existence of a soul at all can't be discovered through empiric methods. It must be ascertained through spiritual means or experience, and therefore may be dismissed by many as fantasy.

Personally, I agree with ghostsoldier. I think the point at which the soul becomes viable is approximately at the time of quickening.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Good question, the variety of opinions points to the benefits of erring on the side of caution,....conception.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

L.dec.? For only the ALPHA or a soul trapping Angel of Dark would be able to answer. Thats why I feel it is almost impossible for any to really consider answering, but I could be wrong.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

According to Dr. Rick Strassman, author of '___': The Spirit Molecule, there is a release of '___' from the pineal gland into the fetus around 49 days into pregnancy that would mark the arrival of the soul into the body.

'___' is also released before death and while asleep. There are empirical studies that can be done about this sort of thing, but it would involve looking into Eastern philosophies and possibly doing more '___'-based research, both of which will probably be fiercely opposed by mainstream scientists who are interested in protecting their beliefs.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by darkbake]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
www.beezone.com...

The ultimate Identity or Condition of the human person is not a mind, entity, or object. The inner core of the body-mind may appear to mystical vision as a point of light or any other subtle shape communicated by the nervous system, but the "Free soul" of the body-mind is the Radiant Transcendental Consciousness. The relationship between the Radiant Transcendental Consciousness and the body-mind is epitomized at the heart, where the experiential identification of the Radiant Transcendental Consciousness with the body-mind may be inspected and transcended. But there is no independent soul in the body-mind. Rather, the body-mind itself is the independent soul, or the psycho-physical covering of the Free soul. The Radiant Transcendental Consciousness, or the Free Condition of the body-mind, is intuited through discrimination ("re-cognition") at the right side of the heart. The point of discriminative intuition is not any muscular feature, such as the grape-like recess in the right atrium, nor any subtle visualization of lights in the central region of the heart. Rather, the Radiant Transcendental Consciousness is directly intuited and discriminated from limiting identification with the body-mind at the point where the Force of Life is tangibly combined with the nervous system.

Ramana: "The jiva is said to remain in the Heart in deep sleep, and in the brain in the waking state. Heart is not the muscular cavity which propels blood. It denotes in hthe Vedas and the scriptures the centre whence the notion 'I' springs. Does it spring from the ball of flesh? It does not, but from somewhere within us, from the centre of our being. The 'I' has no location. Everything is the Self. There is nothing but the Self. So the Heart must be said to be the entire body as well as the universe, conceived as 'I'. But to help the abhyasi we have to indicate a definite place in the universe, or the body, dor it. So this Heart is pointed out as the seat of the Self. But in truh we are everywhere; we are all that is, and there is nothing else".

[edit on 5-7-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I can neither prove or disprove the existence of a Soul, but I believe that we all possess a Soul, that which is part of the Whole. The Soul chooses before hand what family he/she will be born into as part of the overall life-plan. Majority of the time the Soul enters the fetus just prior to the birth, although there are Souls who enjoy the womb experience and will enter the fetus much earlier. There is more to the subject, but this is my contribution to the list of answers.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Does is matter at what time the soul is one with the physical body, because what happens if the child is a stillborn? Does the soul grow with the physical body as it matures? In other words, if an infant dies, does the soul approximate the size and development of the child? As an adult, has the soul also grown in size and in knowledge? How does one define soul so that one can understand intelligence, emotional feelings, and sensory feelings? Are these all simply physical attributes of the physical body or are they a part of the soul? I am wondering..I have my own beliefs about some of these but certainly can not ever state anything positively as so far as I know there is no such thing as definition and explanation of the soul.

I have seen what look like ghosts of a person. Is that ghostlike appearance the soul? Or is it an energy force of some kind? A residue left behind of the person or animal?

If one goes back in time, and recalls a former lifetime, what is the memory from, the soul or the physical body? How can a physical body recall something that it has never experienced?

If anyone can answer any of these questions, I will be enlightened to learn of it...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
First to define Spirit, and how it differs from the soul:

Being of creative energy and Creation itself. The all-becoming, all-creative and all-stimulating. The Ur-Energy of all BEING = Spiritenergy = Spiritform = immortal.

Also known as Spiritbody = Astralform = Astralbody.

The spirit is an idea itself, concentrated to spiritual-energy in itself.

The spirit is a Creation of the Creation itself in order help itself to evolve to a higher level.
The spirit is also reffered to spiritform, indestructable, eternally living, loving entity, always developing, it resides in the human brain, exactly in the 'Superior Colliculus' of the big brain or Cerebrum, the comphrensive consciousness-block (personality) resides mainly in the frontal cerebral-cortex.

Even though the 'size' of the spirit is no larger then a needle-point, its energy is enormous and spreads out evenly like a filligrain web over all parts of the human body inside and out, without losing one iota of its power, with its spirit-energy it brings life to every cell in the human body.

This spirit-energy stays for about 3 hours in the remains of a human body after the spirit and there by the central spiritenergy itself has left the body, thats why some bodyparts still can be used in organ donation. The spirit-energy that stays behind in the human body could be reffered to residual-spiritenergy, and is absorbed by Nature in the course of 3 hours. (somewhat similar like warmth is absorbed by its surrounding enviroment)

A human Spirit(form) can ONLY incarnate into an OMEDAM lifeform, which means any lifeform classified as human, this means when a spacetraveller dies on a spaceship and his spiritform wanders off to find a planet, it will incarnate into a human lifeform even when this human life has nothing to do with the previous humanrace from which the spacetraveller spiritform came, as long as the human race has a similar and therefore compatible level of evolution compaired to the incoming spiritform.

Human spiritforms incarnate exclusively into human bodies, never into insects, plants or animals of any kind."

On the other other hand, the Soul = Psyche (has nothing to do with the immortal Spirit) Material part of the human body. Consists out of nervesystems and nervecenters. Otherwise obsolete and outdated word.

The Spirit is immortal, it never dies, it is indestructible (even by any nuclear bomb). As the Spirit does come forth from the Creation, it comes with all the attributes of Creation, which include all the Psychic abilities and creative abilities of Creation itself. The reincarnating Spirit enters the Human embryo at 21-days after conception. No NewSpiritForm will incarnate here on the Earth as they are at a 'survival mode' of existence, and must learn how to use the body for it's first several hundred lifetimes to evolve into social co-operative Human Beings. All of we Spirits which have embodied into this current level of an advanced civilization are in the later 3rd and early 4th level of Evolution. There are Seven levels of Evolution, each with Seven sub-levels through we all must pass to learn the lessons of life needed to grow in Truth, Wisdom, and Love before we mature into pure SpiritForm without any further need for reincarnation into a material body. This process of Evolution of the Spirit requires from 60-Billion to 80-Billion years to complete.

For reference, see: Soul and Spirit

See: What is the Creation?

See: Teaching about Creation

Peace Be With You

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I would have to say since we are earth based beings our souls come from the electromagnetic field, this may be where we get our life force energy, soul. Just a guess.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
SOUL = volitional + emotional + intellectual these three components comprise the soul.
SPIRIT= the animating force, breath, wellspring of life aka the spiritual component.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by slugger9787]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I’m One Six Billionth of Our Soul

I’ve been listening to younger teen’s comments lately they have a newer twist on a very old dilemma and were always told it’s modern from way back from recorded history from Adam and Eve times or beyond. Thoughts like they want to express themselves or be unique to stand out in a flattering way. And to be there own and to have respect for who they are. And to be one of a kind a step above the rest and so on. All of these characteristics and more enough to fill volumes of books and a library of movies enough to keep the human mind amused and entertained. Were part of the dreams Adam had to make it possible from desire to ask God to leave him alone and the reason why God to cursed all Adams children until we become one again. We must be more consciously like in the bible when Jesus says leave your family and follow him put your seed on the ground if you have to screw around only then get married to reduce the amount of children being born into sin.
Back in Jesus time men and women were becoming celibate or abstinent all through Asia Minor. The Romans with there large Ego said there not making babies or farmers or tax payers or Roman solders it would be cheaper to kill them and we know the stories about executing Christians. Soon after they started up a religion the Roman Catholic and they wanted lots of babies, some to work in the church others to pay taxes. The Human Ego is forever changing it’s the nature it’s of the beast all Abrahamic faiths and peoples ask the wrong questions and see the world the opposite from what it is. By dividing our shared soul into even smaller allotment only weakens our minds. Feeling good about yourself means the Human Ego is making you happy it’s not fulfilling your part of the soul. Why is it days before we die we can see this that we have been duped and have been fooled as we revert back to children.
In the Address Bar
www.imonesixbillionthofoursoul.com
Mail: [email protected]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
In politicians?

Never.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by lagenese

According to the books The Secret doctrine, the soul enters the body when the baby takes its first breath. There is 5 books in this series, but unfortunately, i can't remember in which one its written.

Wait.. what? 5 books? At least exoterically, there are two actual volumes and the third is actually a collection of different writings.

Anyway

Interestingly, there is a correlation between the soul’s emergence in various spiritual traditions and pineal formation. Specifically, the [pineal] gland first appears in the fetus 49 days after conception. This is the time Tibetan Buddhists believe it takes after death for the soul to finish its sojourn and reincarnate into the next body. This period also approximates the 40 days espoused by early Christians, such as St. Augustine, that it takes for the soul to enter the fetus.

Whoa, what a coincidence

On the "Soul" not existing.. you may have heard about the 21 gram phenomenon. That would suggest that the "soul" is actually material. That would make sense.

[edit on 26/7/2010 by Tryptych]

<< 1  2   >>

join