It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At what point does the soul enter the body/host?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

The question of abortion has been debated for quite sometime now. Unfortunately, most people involved do not look at it with an objective attitude. Emotional views can be distorted, and conflicts may occur because of it. But to come back to the original question in this thread, the soul indeed enters right after birth, when the air fills the lungs...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
This question is loaded, you are assuming a soul does exist from the outset.

That assumption bares no proof and as you know there is no proof for the substance of the soul so measuring it is out of the question. I think that if there is a "soul" then it is either always there or nonexistent.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by IamBoon

Would you care to enlighten us on 'disproving' the soul?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Interesting discussion but I guess I am without the conversation. In closing, the soul enters before the baby is born. When depends on the state of awareness prior to entering the host mothers womb.

The first breath happens inutero, a higher vibrational frequency, liquid.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

At what point does the soul enter the body/host?

I'm not convinced that thinking of a singular "soul" as entering a singular "body" is a very complete way of looking at it.

I lean towards thinking that the creatures we think of as single human beings are several body/consciousnesses functioning as a more or less discreete entity. You have a physical body, but it is not "you." You have a mind, but that's not exactly "you" either. You have an ego and you have a subconscious. You may have an emotional body and an astral body. All these components that collectively make up what you think of as "you."

At what point

I don't think these various body/consciousnesses neccesarily all form/come together at the same time. I'm not even convinced that everybody has all of them. The general consensus of the thread seems to be that the physical body can exist for a time before any "soul" enters into it. If so...then perhaps a physical body can continue to function for an entire lifetime without any higher "soul" in it at all. And similarly, we generally seem to agree that a "soul" can exist without a physical body to occupy.

Perhaps each of these bodies, each level of consciousness can exist on its own without needing the others. If so, then the manner of their intermingling could happen in many ways at any time, yes?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

I find your point interesting, about how we are possibly the ones creating it piece by piece, experience by experience...

Makes sense...

it isn't my intention to mislead. giving adamant advice in any direction without knowing all the variables could be a problematic thing for all souls involved. then again maybe not.

i would try to equate the soul as a mutual conduit and collaboration between yourself, and your creator or creators.

we are conditioned legitimatley or otherwise to think within the constraints of linear perceptions.

meaning:

left or right
up or down
backwards or forwards

worst case scenario
or best case scenario

but.....
maybe....
just perhaps....
i might be wrong....

Which of the following is best? And which is worst?

The best worst case scenario
or
The worst best case scenario

i hope this might help you in your endeavors. i don't claim to have all the answers, but what clues i may have or not, i am willing to share.

End Transmission,
ET

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
I say this because it goes with my theory of natural born infants and c section babies having different thinking patterns.

How exactly do they have different thinking patterns? I'm just curious, because I was a C-section.

Also, do they have different personalities to regular birthed children?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Thanks for catching my typo, I meant 18 weeks, I've made the correction.

PeAcE!!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I never said I could disprove it... so no I cannot enlighten you. However based on your question maybe you can enlighten us on its existence?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

I would have to say before it is actually out of the womb.

could be, because soul is like the breath of someones maker.
"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life (soul ?); and man became a living being"

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

How exactly do they have different thinking patterns?
I'm just curious, because I was a C-section.

I've read that there's a lot of oxytocin involved in the natural birthing process, and mothers who deliver via cesarean section miss out of the usual bonding process because of the lack of it. Consequently they tend to not be as emotionally attached to their children. This would tend to affect their upbringing.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
We do not have souls. We are souls. When life begins we are souls. When we die, we are no longer souls.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
[edit on 5-7-2010 by D1ss1dent]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucketI've read that there's a lot of oxytocin involved in the natural birthing process, and mothers who deliver via cesarean section miss out of the usual bonding process because of the lack of it. Consequently they tend to not be as emotionally attached to their children. This would tend to affect their upbringing.

I have my doubts about that, but only because I'm a C-section, and my mother was always very attached to me. As a matter of fact, she still has a difficult time cutting the umbilical cord... and I'm 23

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by lagenese

Then what's the difference between the soul and the spirit? What are the different roles that they play?

This is getting interesting!

Magnum

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

I'm sorry but this completely confused me! I don't understand what you are trying to explain!

Magnum

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

So the soul is composed of our entire body. It just is the entire existence, if I understand correctly.

Magnum

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
just because you aren't conscious, doesn't mean you don't have a soul yet.

consciousness and the soul are two different things.

its as if the soul mixed with brain wave patterns causes consciousness, like a chemical reaction.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007
reply to post by lagenese

Then what's the difference between the soul and the spirit? What are the different roles that they play?

This is getting interesting!

Magnum

I'll try this one.

The soul is the eternal cosmic energy independent of the material world. The inner being.

The spirit is the vital life force, the animating energy, the basis of the material world. It acts on everything in the material world, the vibrations of atoms, so to speak. So everything has "spirit" in order to be, humans and all animals (birds, fish, etc) have souls as well. When you think "spirit" think of physics - atoms and all of their subatomic properties, in constant motion.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
For simple understanding so that more may understand, let us look at the construction of a mechanical robot called the car.

It starts with a design, then the numerous parts assembled together. The last thing would be the power source. With that in, the car is ready and awaits a man to start the engine and drive it away to its destiny/destination.

Similarly with us-reproductive biological robots, once a baby's cells start to multiply as per its genetic code, the receptors to the brain cells are also constructed to accept cosmological energy, the way as per we in our neurological infancy comprehends the energies within of our mind for telekinesses to occur ( recent German display of man writing on a computer via mind and comp hook up.

Within the womb, the power source is through the food intake from the mother. Once at birth, the baby observes and learns from his/her environment, feeding the mind with experiences for the soul/conciousness to assist later in forming his/her interaction with the world.

Don't have to take my word for it, just think logically along the lines of neurological science alone as well as our scientific advances up to this stage in our human evolution would you derive the answer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join