It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At what point does the soul enter the body/host?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Ok, assuming that we have souls and that they must come into existence at some point in someone's lifetime, when exactly does the soul enter the body?

- Does it enter at the moment that the sperm fertilizes the egg?
- Is it present in both the sperm and egg and combining the two creates the soul?
- Does it enter the body of the host before cell division or after there is a observable body-like entity?

Just wondering what the general consensus is on this...

Thanks,

Magnum

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
It's my belief that it occurs with the "quickening" - the point at which the baby's consciousness kicks in and it begins to move etc. Which is around 18 weeks.

ETA:
You may also find these interesting:

Paper 107. Origin and Nature of Thought Adjusters
Paper 108. Mission and Ministry of Thought Adjusters
Paper 109. Relation of Adjusters to Universe Creatures
Paper 110. Relation of Adjusters to Individual Mortals
Paper 111. The Adjuster and the Soul

Lemme know what you think...

[edit on 4/7/10 by ghostsoldier]

[edit on 5/7/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
7th week - 49 days.

2nd line.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link. Adding "Second line" doesn't make it any less of a 1-liner.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

When its sub-consciousness/instinct or its I know I exist consciousness?

Magnum

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by enteri

lol... any special reason for this date?

Magnum

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Whatever anyone says here, it will be completely unprovable, and utter nonsense.

No one can prove the existence of a "soul", and even further to say exactly when it comes into play in the formation of a human is even more outrageous.

Even in speaking out abortion and such, if the soul doesn't come in (allegedly) till age 5, is it still alright to have an abortion? (I won't go into this lol)

Sorry for not being able to give you answers to questions no one can possibly know, but I'm sure you'll get a reply your looking for that you can rest assure has no foundation in anything solid.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

It doesn't enter/leave the body at all as it isn't seperate from it. It EMERGES from within just like an EM field emerges from an iron bar when all the Fe atoms are in alignment [focused attitude] with each other!

Personal Disclosure: Please see my most recent posts on this issue here...

Where the soul is in the body (by filosophia) [ATS]

Edited to fix link fail! Sigh
soz i was a

[edit on 4-7-2010 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/081748eec552.png[/atsimg]

reply to post by Magnum007

my smart ass snide remark would be: the naval.

but, alas i am efforting to be honest....

i would venture to say the "how" one attains one's own soul is a particulary personal and intimate thing as unique to you as it is to others.

having said this, it has been my experience, i think, that the soul comes in pieces sometimes. we are the ones putting our own souls together.

why? i dunno. however i think we may be more than we first thought we were. how the soul enters us is just as important as how we use it, and how we treat it, i think.

but who am i?

and what do i know,
ET

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

This is why I used the word "assuming"...

2nd paragraph

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

I find your point interesting, about how we are possibly the ones creating it piece by piece, experience by experience...

Makes sense...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I would have to say before it is actually out of the womb.

I say this because it goes with my theory of natural born infants and c section babies having different thinking patterns.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Just to understand your theory, that would mean that our personalities and our intelligence etc... all come from the soul itself, which is determined by how we are born... Interesting take...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

According to the books The Secret doctrine, the soul enters the body when the baby takes its first breath. There is 5 books in this series, but unfortunately, i can't remember in which one its written.
Many of the people involved in esoteric circles believe in the same thing. If this were to be proven without any doubt, it would change many views on abortion... If i were to answer the question, my inner knowing tells me that the soul indeed enters the body when the baby takes its first breath. But i cannot prove inner knowing of course...

Edit to add: i know without any doubt whatsoever that i am in fact multidimensional. I know the soul is the hard disk that registers all experiences as well as holding the astrological life plan it must follow; after death, the information is then transferred to the akashic records.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by lagenese]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lagenese

How does the soul know who's taking their first breath?

2nd line

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
It depends upon the level of awareness when you leave your body prior to the return into a new body.

For many it is just moments before the mother gives birth.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007

How does the soul know who's taking their first breath?

2nd line

The soul is controlled by the spirit of man. The spirit knows and guides the soul to the body it must enter, according to the programming that was accepted by the soul before incarnating. When humans will discover how to break free from this programming, then they will be able to set themselves free from the infernal cycle of incarnation and death, to then move on to higher spheres of evolution.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by lagenese]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Agreed. Good point and as close to the truth as you can express in words.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I think it was in the book ''___' - The spirit molecule' by Rick Strassman where he talks about the Pineal gland (presuming you know of this gland) and how it starts off in the fetuses mouth and at 49 weeks it has migrated to the center of the brain. Also vaguely in some buddha priesthood (or something can't remember) they say its 49 weeks when the soul enters body or something like that. .

EDIT: I mean buddist , I think tibetan book of the dead

[edit on 4-7-2010 by eathis]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

It's my belief

around 18 months.

Interesting. So then...would it be acceptable to "abort" children at any time up to around 18 months after birth? After all, up to that point it's simply a meatsack, right?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Not a meatsac, lol, yuck.

Sheer consciousness, potential. The host body is a genetic model only, it feels, sucks it's thumb for comfort, all the most basic and natural actions of a human.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join