It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

they've poisoned the well!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Here we go, This is not good people. The implecations of this are huge. Massive crop loss, massive inland animal deaths, vast fresh water sources poisoned. This is a need to be alarmed. i would like some post from those living close to the oil spill. who have seen the dying plants, or oil sheens in rain water. Be safe everyone.

Here is some video evidence.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

In this video you can see the top of the superdome has some kind of oily sheen on it!!! www.youtube.com...

According to Alberto Mestas-Nuñez, an associate professor of oceanography at Texas A&M University, the notion that crude oil could evaporate and then come back down to earth in the rain as something resembling crude oil is impossible
news.yahoo.com...

this may be true, but the oil is being dispersed and this may be allowing the oil to be evaporated into the atmosphere.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by James Battleworthy]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Wish I could watch the video, or see a still photo, but I cannot, as many others can't, see a video from my work computer. I recall yesterday on some thread here, a pic of the superdome with oil sheen being called a hoax. Just wanted to mention that.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I just clicked the a link on my thread and it worked fine. sorry you cant see it man.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by James Battleworthy

No problem, maybe someone will come along and post some stills from the video. It isn't the links, I am sure they are working, it is because from my work computer, I cannot view any type of video. They are restricted.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
In the first video, the women suggest that the oil is causing acid rain and while I don't doubt that, acid rain is only a rain with a low ph balance, not that it is actually oily rain.

How does rain become acidic (low ph)? It happens when carbon, nitrogen, sulfur and other elements are emitted into the atmosphere, which react with water molecules high in the atmosphere to produce acids in the clouds that eventually fall as rain. It is not oil in the rain, rather it is rain with a low ph balance.

Also, in order for actual oil to be in the rain, the rain coming down from the clouds, the crude would have to be broken down to a tremendous degree. This should not be happening with the relatively small amount of time that it has been mixed in with the water. If this is true, we would have to question how this happening.

Also, if this is accurate and oil is being rained down on land from normal rain processes, then we should be extremely worried. Not only should this kill crops and get into the water table, but it would also make people very sick and the land useless. If this is actually occurring, we are in some big trouble.

--airspoon

[edit on 5-7-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon

Also, in order for actual oil to be in the rain coming down from the clouds, the crude would have to be broken down to a tremendous degree. This should not be happening with the relatively small amount of time that it has been mixed in with the water. If this is true, we would have to question how this happening.

could the dispersent be causing oil to be evapourated? they have said that the gulf is a big experiment for corexit. What about the idea that the corexit is dispercing it enough to turn to rain?
Not to mention that ive seen evidence to suggest that corexit can evapourate just by itself.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by James Battleworthy]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
wise up...doggone ...they are burnig it too! adding more burners every day....what do you think that does....core exit 9500 lets the pools in the street show oily sheen...dallas seems ok...not austin, though. houston is right out

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
This is silly, Oil cannot evaporate, no matter how much dispersant they spray on it. Evaporated water is very pure, the only things that can interact with rain water are substances already in the clouds or atmosphere.

So much fear, in such little minds. I have this notion of everyone looking around pointing out things that shine saying " look look, it's oil, theres proof"

it just doesnt work like that yo. There might be some fallout from them actually burning it, but it wouldn't be oil.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I have seen the video's of the oil-slicked rain. Everything has oil on it; the leaves, streets, cars etc,. There is no doubt about the oil in the atmosphere. What really troubles me is the gases. Almost all MSM reports on the oil in the water. That is really secondary to the gases coming onshore and moving inland. And to those who say oil doesn't evaporate I say: prove it. The oil IS coming down in the rain. Put your money where your mouth is and go down there. Obama spent only 20 minutes there on his last visit. Nuff said.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Well, I'm just below Tallahassee and we have been getting rain about every day now, some of it coming from the south. I have yet to see any plant damage, no oil sheen on standing water, nor any funny smells in the air. Someone in another thread stated that everyone they knew in Tallahassee was sick. Perhaps he needs to change the people he hangs around with, because none of the places I have been in town have had ANYONE acting ill, and no one I know is sick.

There apparently is an awful lot of bogus "evidence" being posted around, so I would suggest that everyone take this "information" with a large grain of salt. Some people may be just trying to scare everyone, and others may actually be engaging in "information terrorism" in order to instigate a full scale panic.

Granted, I wouldn't trust the information coming from BP nor the government as far as I could throw either of them, but neither am I going to just swallow everything that tries to paint them all in a bad light as well.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by thewanger
I have seen the video's of the oil-slicked rain. Everything has oil on it; the leaves, streets, cars etc,. There is no doubt about the oil in the atmosphere. What really troubles me is the gases. Almost all MSM reports on the oil in the water. That is really secondary to the gases coming onshore and moving inland. And to those who say oil doesn't evaporate I say: prove it. The oil IS coming down in the rain. Put your money where your mouth is and go down there. Obama spent only 20 minutes there on his last visit. Nuff said.

How about we look at this from a different perspective? Why not have YOU prove that the oil IS evaporating? I should think that would be pretty easy for you to do if it is true.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
Evaporated water is very pure, the only things that can interact with rain water are substances already in the clouds or atmosphere.

You've obviously never made liq... er... ethanol then.
A little old time appalacian wisdom for ye, but suffice to say flavinoids, for example, make the transition just fine during evaporation

new topics

top topics

join