It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solomon's Temple , will it ever be rebuilt ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It has been said that bible prophecy states that Solomon's Temple will be rebuilt for a third time . It has also been said that this rebuilding more than any other thing will show that the end time is near .

Given the current political situation we now find in the M.E does anyone see a situation in which we might see the construction of the temple , to usher in the end times?

The temple mount , as it is now , is the home to Al-Aqsa Mosque , and if I am not mistaken Al-Aqsa Mosque is the third most holy place in Islam . When we consider what would have to happen in order for the temple to be rebuilt it would seem almost impossible for the condition to arise that would allow the temple to be rebuilt , no ?

Do you see a situation arising that would see the rebuilding of the temple ?

Short of a deviating earth quake totally destroying Al-Aqsa Mosque or an all out war devastating that area I just don't see how this ancient prophecy will be fulfilled.

What are your thoughts on the rebuilding of the temple , think we will some how live to see its construction ?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
All they need to do is to reduce the muslim world so that they can only fight back with sticks and stones and then they can knock the mosque down.

These religious nut cases need stoping and it's time uncle sam took his nukes back from iserail.

suicide is one thing but these freaks want to kill the world so a few million of what they call Gods Chossen ones can get heavn on earth and i'm not sure god would had quite planned it that way.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The Dome of the Rock would need to be destroyed in order for the Temple to be rebuilt. I see that happening in the future and it will be my "sign" or "signal" that the SHTF.

The plan to rebuild the Temple has been part of the agenda for over 2000 years now, I can see no reason for that to change. Keeping the ME in a constant state of conflict aids the agenda.

Babylon!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
www.squidoo.com...

www.templeinstitute.org...

^there's a couple of links that might be of interest.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
This idea won't be popular. but there are some strains of thought that believe the plan for the third temple laid out in Ezekiel is meant to be understood on an esoteric level as something one "builds" within oneself as a form of extended meditational excercise. Thus there is no need for a physical third temple...it is within us all.

Make of that whatcha will.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I certainly don't see in prophecy any need to assume that the Temple will be rebuilt.
I think anyone who sets out to rebuild it for the sake of "fulfilling prophecy" will be giving it the wrong interpretation.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I have even wondered if the next group to build the temple might not even be the Jews but perhaps the Catholics . I have herd mention that the Catholic church may like to set up home base in Jerusalem and if that is true they just might see them selves as the only group that could construct such a temple . That scenario would fit in with this new approach to religion that we see the Vatican promoting i.e a coming together of the 3 world religions .

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Max_TO]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
We all hear of how the Muslims keep declaring that Israel is plotting to destroy the Dome of the Rock etc. even though their excavations aren't even under the Mount. We also hear about Muslims blowing up mosques in Iraq and elsewhere.
I think it is quite possible that radical Islamic elements may try to blow up the Dome of the Rock and try to blame it on Israel. This could be the trigger to the battle of Gog and Magog. Once the world see's Gods hand destroying his enemies, I think it will be time to re-build the Temple

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

The Al-Aqsa Mosque is not on the location of Solomon's Temple...
...it is on the other end of the Temple Mount...
...so theoretically would not stop the Temple being rebuilt.

However, I don't beleive it will be rebuilt.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

These guys sure are pushing the envelope .

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
It will be rebuilt simply because people WANT to fufill biblical prophecies.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

You bring up an interesting and valid point

Myself , I personally believe that the temple spoke of is more a material thing rather then " self " thing . Having said that I do also believe that it is very possible that certain " spiritual / esoteric " secrets may have been hid in the very buildings design its self .

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

You know what , a big part of me believes that to be a very true factor in all of this .

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

join